2013 Physique Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Physique Goals

Just curious as to what everyone's goals are for the upcoming year....

Offseason weight gaining? Dieting or starting prep for a show? For those who are competing in 2013, where and when, what show, etc?

Alot of people start out well in the new year with their fitness related goals. Are any of you the type who are on again/off again in the gym, with the diet, etc? If you are, what is the biggest or what are the FEW biggest factors in keeping you from sticking to your plans? What can you do proactively to ensure that you can stay the course and keep progressing toward your goals?

Somebody jump in and get this thread started. It should be a good one and maybe we can all draw some inspiration from some of our members stories and goals.....
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Massing till March and then dieting down for the summer months... want to look my bestest this summer. Getting an eliptical for the garage so I don't have to drive to the gym just for cardio.
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

My goal is to try and learn how to live a normal life. Not to have any particular goals (other than not losing a ton of weight), but continue to work out and enjoy it, without having the anxiety on my shoulder about how small I am getting because I missed a meal.

Maybe up my cardio a little so my wife doesn't have to jump up and grab the phone in case my breathing doesn't normalize after sex.
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
        Massing till March and then dieting down for the summer months... want to look my bestest this summer. Getting an eliptical for the garage so I don't have to drive to the gym just for cardio.
        One of the best investments I ever made. Great to be able to do cardio at home. I have a treadmill too, but it kills my shins and the elliptical is awesome....

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
        My goal is to try and learn how to live a normal life. Not to have any particular goals (other than not losing a ton of weight), but continue to work out and enjoy it, without having the anxiety on my shoulder about how small I am getting because I missed a meal.

Maybe up my cardio a little so my wife doesn't have to jump up and grab the phone in case my breathing doesn't normalize after sex.
        There have been times that I seriously thought I was gonna die during and after....that is scary no doubt, if you are being serious....I know you like to joke a bit .....in reality I have been there and felt like my lungs and heart were gonna pop outta my chest. Only happens after I hit a certain weight though....
        STEEL

Comment

Next Contest: USAPL Power Fest, Spring TX in June

Goal: Stay in the 198lb weight class but continue to improve body composition (currently at 15% bodyfat). Deadlift triple body weight, total 1250lbs raw.

That's it for physique goals, plenty of others, but those are all work and personal life related :-)
          -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
          -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
          198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
          -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
          198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
          -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
          198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Scott, I am purchasing the one Skip uses ;-) Doesn't mean I will achieve the same results lol
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

My 2013 hopefully will go well. I want to take the year I think and just put on some good size. I would like to get to about the 280 mark and sit there for a spell. Stress is eating me up at the moment though and my gains have not been stellar to say the least. I think that after some decisions are made after the New Year, I will be able to tone the stress down a bit and focus on the goals a bit more seriously. I tend to have stomach issues with high stress, so although I've been eating well, I've also spent a good deal of time in the bathroom which does not help....If I can manage to put on roughly 3lbs a month of fairly clean weight, I should be right where I want to be by years end. Then, I will evaluate and talk to Skip about another show and start bringing it down in the spring of 2014....

As of NOW, that is the plan.Who knows what I will actually do, but for right now this is what I'm thinking...lol
              STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                Scott, I am purchasing the one Skip uses ;-) Doesn't mean I will achieve the same results lol
                Lol, I hear ya. I actually got mine off a referral from Skip as well, but it was his old one, that took a shit last year, a FUEL model. That thing has been awesome to me. I believe I spent about $900 on it and it was worth every penny so far. I figure I did about 20,000 hours of cardio on it during my prep last summer, lol, so it's built to last....
                STEEL

Comment

This next year I'm going for strength and a little bit more leanness. I never really trained with strength in mind up until a few months ago and I want to get my numbers up to the mid 300's on the bench, mid 4's on the squat and mid 5's on the dead by the end of next year. I just finished up my first wave with the conjugate method and really liked it; hopefully I can ride it those numbers and beyond.
                  Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

I'm using carb backloading right now, trying to get down into the 250's. I'd like to compete in a raw NASA meet in April in the 242's, plan to hire Brian Carroll mid-Jan to do my training program.

Just diet & mobility stuff right now. Not even really "training", per se. Hitting bands, bodyweight and kettle bell stuff so I'm healthy going into 2013.
                    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Planning to finish this cut and live the lean life while adding cals back in. Want to really increase conditioning and maybe take up mma for fitness. Will be a fun year
                      Originally posted by thsfootball
                      Stressing about what's catabolic- catabolic

Comment

Planning on several shows this summer, the first in May. I actually started prepping 8 weeks ago, slowly though. Hoping to achieve my leanest to date. So far it's been enjoyable and haven't felt like a prep yet. Down, 16-18lbs so far.
                        2005 HOA Natural Classic
                        2006 OCB Midwest
                        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                        2008 HOA Natural Classic
                        NPC Mid-Illinois
                        NPC Midwest Open
                        NPC Natural Grand Prix
                        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                        USPA Illinois State
                        NGA Heart of America
                        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Rich- you have turned into a competing machine!
                          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                          17 AAU Super Total
                          '16-AAU Hi
                          '15-USPA Metro
                          '15-USPA State
                          '15-AAU HI
                          '14-AAU HI
                          '14-USPA Metro
                          '14-WABDL Sonny's
                          '14-USPA State
                          '14-HI Strongman
                          '13-USPA
                          '13-WABDL Sonny's
                          '13-USPA State
                          '13-AAU HI
                          '11-USPA Metro
                          '10-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-NPC Islands
                          '09-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA IronWorks
                          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                          '01-ABA Olympia
                          '01-ABA Islands
                          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                          '00-INBF Musclefest
                          '98-NGA Ill
                          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Overall, I am planning on accomplishing a lot in 2013, not just physique wise, but in my personal life. But in terms of fitness:

1) Stay healthy all year. I have yet to experience a full year of good health. Not counting little tweaks and shit, I want to be able to feel good inside and out, year round.

2)This is where the fun starts...turn into the damn freakiest bantamweight as humanly possible. The plan is to keep pushing the weight up until it is time to cut, and hit it hard. Then come into a show near the upper end of the weight class looking like a mass of sinewy tissue with pasted on flesh. Let the games begin...

P.S. - Steel or LG1, can you guys link me to the models of ellipticals you are considering? Is it this one: http://www.fuelfitnessusa.com/produc...als&model=FE46
                            mentalflex
                            ISOM Winner February 2012
                            Last edited by mentalflex; 12-19-2012, 09:25 PM.
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I am prepping for a show first week in October 2013. Either the Junior division or the over 100kg class. Junior if I want to have a good shot at winning. Over 100kg if I want my arse handed to me.

I think I will go for over 100kg.

Skip will be removing my skin for me.
                              TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
                              2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Comment

Working...
                              X