Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First go at "Skiploading". Is there a limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First go at "Skiploading". Is there a limit?

So I've been doing the occasional carb ups with protein every Thursday after a full body depletion workout session the night before. It has been all clean complex carbs and at 500-550g of carbs and 250g of protein.

So... Today isn't even half way over and so far I'm at.

Meal 1 - 8am. 6 pancakes and 3 french toast slices in egg whites.. sugar free syrup. 202 carbs, 35p and 41 fat. ( I know fats are high but after researching skiploads I decided to incorporate them in the beginning due to usually passing out after such a carb load due to hypoglycemia.. a little carb sensitive.)

Meal 2 - 10:30am Monster energy drink and bag of haribro gummy bears. 180g carbs, 10g protein and 0g fat. I was feeling very lethargic and went to grab the usual absolute zero monster but... figured I'd go for the sugar loaded one)

Meal 3 - 12:00pm Low-Fat strawberry poptarts. 74g carbs, 4g of protein and 5 fat.

Meal 4 - 2pm (getting it ready as we speak) 10 Fig newton fat free cookies and 3 oz of fat free pringles. 265g Carbs, 8g protein and 0g fat.

So I'm already at 721g of carbs... Should I keep going as much as I can. I'm not yet force feeding and could probably stuff down 700-800 more today.. Is there a limit ?! I cannot go off hunger because I do not think my brain functions support that feeling... I can eat till it comes out of my throat.

Ah.. also already downed 1 of my 2 gallons of daily water intake. and have had 3 cups of green tea. Rest of the day i have pretzels, pasta, Ezekiel bread and some skinny cow icecream sandwiches.. also plan on devouring this 12oz bag of beef jerky.

The limit is dictated by time, not by volume. Depending on your goals & leanness, it can be anywhere from 4 hours to 12-14.
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

sorry still learning... just did some more research since you threw that out there and I'm going to have one more meal for a total of 8 hours. I was under the impression it was for the day. Thank you!

This is why I will have Skip helping me starting at the end of the month lol. I got excited at as much as you can... didn't recognize the hours set window limit lol.

Comment

So I ended up getting a little hypo on meal 4 and ended up taking a nap...

Meal 5 - 4pm SuperPretzels and a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. 170g carbs, 24g protein and 6f.

So thats it... now I'm going to finish off a bag of jerky supplemented with chicken breast to fulfill protein requirements. Total of 891 Carbs inhaled.
        Last edited by 13B-T; 12-14-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

You are going hypo after eating a massive carb meal?

Comment

Depends on your level of leanness you could have a longer or shorter SKIPload, I only allow myself 8 hours right now, I eat until I'm satisfied not stuffed. Very simple concept
            For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by thsfootball View Post
              You are going hypo after eating a massive carb meal?
              sorry not hypo... hyper. I crashed within 30 mins post meal. My triglycerides are usually in the high 20's low 30's. So when I eat all these carbs the spike really hits me.

Comment

Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                Depends on your level of leanness you could have a longer or shorter SKIPload, I only allow myself 8 hours right now, I eat until I'm satisfied not stuffed. Very simple concept
                I would say around 12-13% but who am I to judge... pics provided of current.
                Attached Files

Comment

Okay so a couple things you should switch up when you skip load. Since you are fairly lean I would limit it to 8 or 9 hours and see when you baseline that coming week. You may have tried eating too much in your first meal and that is why the rest of your day suffered a bit. No need to use sugar free syrup when skip loading. The point of the process is to intake as many carbs as you can and syrup is a super easy source for this.
                  Try to stay away from liquid carbs as you are gauging your meals based on hunger. I know you get tired but your body is also working extra hard in order for you to process the food. This is why you are tired, hopefully warmer and your pulse is racing.

I have skip loaded for a while now and find it better when you pace yourself. I used to eat way too much right out of the gate and then my meals later would suffer. Don't count carbs. That is not the point with this process. Post any more questions you might have.
                  Last edited by stack3d; 12-15-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Well I was really worried because I wasn't getting the thermo effect while eating these meals like I do when I normally would of had a cheat meal. Pulse was racing for sure and the lethargy was a bit extreme.

Then it came as I was sleeping... I had to wake up and change shirts I had sweat so bad in my sleep.

Comment

Well I weighed myself in the PM before workout today as usual.. I'm only up 5lbs from last Thursday (day before skipload). That is about normal for me... Usually baseline from my old carb load that included complex carbs instead of simple around Wednesday, so we will see!
                      Last edited by 13B-T; 12-15-2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I just read a post in the approved skipload meals thread stating I am suppose to look more spilled over/wet the next day than the day of... If that's the case I do not think I took enough carbs due to the fact I went to sleep w/ no definition in abdominal region and woke up w/ clear definition if not better than Thursday the day before refeed.

Comment

Sugar free syrup?? Really?? Have you read all the info there is on Skiploading? Load some real maple syrup on those pankcakes.....you were worried about fat intake in that meal when you coulda had another 100g of carbs from real syrup.....
                          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I considered the Monster energy drink vs Real Maple Syrup. I figured they were both of "liquid" carb sources and wanted to limit them compared to foods.

Comment

Originally posted by 13B-T View Post
                              I considered the Monster energy drink vs Real Maple Syrup. I figured they were both of "liquid" carb sources and wanted to limit them compared to foods.
                              Very politely put......you are REALLY over thinking things here.....
                              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Working...
                              X