Skiploading while on IF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiploading while on IF

Hey guys, im trying to cut a few pounds approximately 10, so i can really bring out my abs, i am currently 169lbs.
    Prior to experimenting with "skiploading" i used to do a shitload once a week, in hopes of restoring my metabolism and increasing my leptin levels. I currently follow and intermittent fasting protocol("IF" for short) and i follow this basic guideline.

1) I implement a 16 hour fast and an 8 hour feed (5times a week)
    2) I implement a 20 hour fast and 4 hour feed (once a week)
    3) I take in about 2k calories a day

I have a query about skiploading while on a IF, usually when i skip load i spend the next day fasting for 16 hrs and eating for 8. Then the day after i go to my 20/4 day.

For example

friday- skipload
    sat- 16/8
    sun- 20/4

However I baseline very quickly (in 2 days). My skipload starts upon waking up and finishes right before bed.

I realize that i baseline too quickly, any suggestions? Should i simply change the 20 hr fast to a 16 hr fast?

Thanks!

Is the overall problem that you are losing weight too quickly? Whether you baseline in 2 days or 5 doesn't matter if your net weekly loss is reasonable, imo.
    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention my net loses
      I lose 1-2lbs a week. I know 2lbs should be the absolute max before you know you're losing more than just majority fat

Comment

agreed with phoenix, its not majorly important when you baseline as long as the weightloss is steady and similar week to week

knowing skip as i am one of his clients i reckon you probably need to just experiment yourself and see what works for you

Comment

1-2 lbs. a week is a reasonable rate of loss, as long as you aren't losing considerable strength.
          2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
          2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
          2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
          2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
          2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
          2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Yeah surprisingly my strength is increasing lol...
            But my main concern is if the longer fast I that I do after my skipload will take away from the metabolic benefits.

Comment

Why is the longer fast 2 days after the skipload?

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                Why is the longer fast 2 days after the skipload?
                i honestly have no reason behind it,
                but now i feel like it might be better to actually have the longer fast the day after my skipload

Comment

Originally posted by hulk96 View Post
                  i honestly have no reason behind it,
                  but now i feel like it might be better to actually have the longer fast the day after my skipload
                  it may help to clear the GI tract, just taking a stab in the dark here
                  For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                    it may help to clear the GI tract, just taking a stab in the dark here
                    If i implement the 20 hr fast the day after as opposed to a 16?
                    Im not too sure if it's very smart but do you think i can get away with doing a 24 hr fast after the skipload?

Comment

Working...
                    X