HIT Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIT Training

I'm aware this site is directed towards DC Training but I was curious on here who uses HIT style of training and what kind of results and progress you got out of it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Good question, Chris...

(Are you referring to any particular rendition of Mentzer's HIT or a variation like what Yate's used?...)

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I'm referring to the Yates style I have done it in the past and had some very good success as far as back development and just recently gotten back to doing it the pay six weeks with some tweaks of what I picked up along the way of doing other styles... I personally have been doing two sets to failure on my major compound lifts such as decline bench and squats etc. and only one set on the other follow up exercises... what are your thoughts on doing one set to failure Scott?

Comment

I've read that Dorian recommends using 2-3 working sets to failure until you are at a very advanced level. He stated that it took him years of training to be able to develop enough intensity to only require one working set per movement.
        Last edited by punkguitarist; 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by punkguitarist View Post
          I've read that Dorian recommends using 2-3 working sets to failure until you are at a very advanced level. He stated that it took him years of training to be able to develop enough intensity to only require one working set per movement.
          I have read the same thing but I feel like I definitely bring enough intensity in my lifts that I go to failure on about 5 years of training as well as two years of amateur wrestling has given me the ability to tap into that kind of intensity

Comment

I have found that MAYBE now after first trying HIT about 8 years ago, that I might be able to generate the intensity required to make the most of a single working set to failure. Not saying there's an actual training "age", since everyone is different, but the amount of focus one needs to generate is astonishing.

Comment

I consider having to hold myself up so I don't collapse and try not to throw up after a squat set bringing the intensity!

Comment

Working...
              X