Favorite Things About Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Things About Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to get a thread going for all of us here to talk about the upcoming holiday and see what everyone loves about Thanksgiving, what they are thankful for and anything else... Are there any special traditions you guys/gals have? What your favorite foods (please describe in detail )? What are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to most?

Let's here 'em!

------------
    I'll start it off - My Uncle puts out a MASSIVE spread on Wednesday and we don't do turkey here. He gets several cuts of grassfed beef and a bunch of free range chicken and does the chicken in this rosemary, balsamic seasoning that will send your tastebuds into an orgasm. Of course there is the other stuff too, but he changes up all of the side dishes every year so it is always a surprise. But one of the oddest things I crave around Thanksgiving is my Grandmother's green beans. Strange, I know. She uses an old Italian recipe that gives them a sweet/salty kind of tangy flavor that I can't get enough of.

After all of the health issues I've experienced this past year, I am very thankful to have come out on top and have my health and my friends and family, who have been there when I needed it (some from here, you guys are great). I am very thankful for being able to recognize the opportunities that have been presented and having the resources available to live a healthy and happy life. And I cannot leave out the lessons that I have learned this past year in working with Scott, they have truly been life changing.

I hope you all enjoy spending this time with your family and friends and have a happy Thanksgiving!
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Frozen Margaritas. The past 8 years or so we have had dinner at home and after whoever shows up leaves, my wife and I have a tradition of digging into a bucket of frozen Margaritas in the evening. It's the perfect way to end the day.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I'm just excited to go home and visit all my family. Living on campus is fun and all, but family always comes first in my book and I need to be able to spend some time with them to stay sane, lol.

Oh, and the whole thanksgiving feast is looking pretty baller too. Turkey, my secrete recipe yams, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pies on pies on pies, mmmm.....

Comment

Like last year, I'll be working.
        "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
        2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
        2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
        2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
        2002 NPC Western Carolina:
        2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

I'm thankful for all the same stuff as probably most here would say....

As far as food is concerned, we have the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I do a stuffing not actually stuffed in the bird but in a baking dish, which is 2 different types of rye breads with a good amount of celery, onions and butter, then covered with American cheese and baked....it is unbelievably good (to me) and I will usually make enough for a few meals.....
          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

white russians...

Max Muscle
            5020 Katella Ave.
            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Best holiday of them all.

No rushing around buying shit. We stay at home with the family I want to see. The wife slaves all day to feed the crap out of me (while I politely ask if I can help every so often only to get pushed away).

Feet up, football on. What's not to like?

This year she's not doing the stuffing in the bird _and_ in a pan... just the pan. The bird stuffing always came out soggy as hell and was way too much work.
              I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

--Steel

Muscles don't know how old they are.

Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

So will you.

Journal

Comment

Dean - I am on board with you about this being the best holiday. I have no idea why, but it has turned out to be one of the largest gatherings for my family and kind of takes precedence over all other holidays for us. No gift giving, crazy spending, and undue stress...just good food and good times with friends and family.
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

On Thanksgiving Day we go to my wife's Aunts house and she and her sisters put out a huge amount of food (all the usual dishes, and some great southern traditions which i did not have growing up in the Northeast part of PA) and all of the family gets together for a great afternoon of eating, telling stories, and laughing. After that we go to my mother-in-laws for some more eating usually around 5 or 6.

I'm thankful for everything I have! My wife, kids, family, job. I most thankful to once again be healthy! Working with Jason this past year and doing those two shows has really made my life a ton better and me much healthier.

I hope you all enjoy spending this time with your family and friends and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe
                  Joe

Contest History:
                  2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
                  2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
                  2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
                  2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
                  2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
                  2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Seems like (with the media) we roll right into Christmas from Halloween. Thanksgiving is overlooked because there is no money to be made. Imagine that, families getting together for a meal without having to shell out thousands of dollars worth of gifts.
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by picci002 View Post
                      On Thanksgiving Day we go to my wife's Aunts house and she and her sisters put out a huge amount of food (all the usual dishes, and some great southern traditions which i did not have growing up in the Northeast part of PA) and all of the family gets together for a great afternoon of eating, telling stories, and laughing. After that we go to my mother-in-laws for some more eating usually around 5 or 6.

I'm thankful for everything I have! My wife, kids, family, job. I most thankful to once again be healthy! Working with Jason this past year and doing those two shows has really made my life a ton better and me much healthier.

I hope you all enjoy spending this time with your family and friends and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe
                      Joe - Where in the Northeast? I'm from Wilkes-Barre...

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        Joe - Where in the Northeast? I'm from Wilkes-Barre...
                        I grew up in Sharpsville PA, (which is about 90 miles NW of Pittsburgh). Sharon PA is the next town over and some people have heard of that. Wilkes-Barre is a neat place! I did a seminar their at the PSU campus when I was working for Cybex back in the early 90's.
                        Joe

Contest History:
                        2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
                        2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
                        2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
                        2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
                        2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
                        2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Originally posted by picci002 View Post
                          I grew up in Sharpsville PA, (which is about 90 miles NW of Pittsburgh). Sharon PA is the next town over and some people have heard of that. Wilkes-Barre is a neat place! I did a seminar their at the PSU campus when I was working for Cybex back in the early 90's.
                          That is more in the Western part of PA then. Wilkes-Barre is way up towards the northest corner.

You know, it all depends on what you see in Wilkes-Barre. That area has gone downhill bigtime. On the other hand, the area Shavertown (where the PSU campus is) is really nice.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

When I was younger we would all go to my grandparents house, snack, then eat the big meal, then watch football, then play football in the street. It was fun being with everyone in my extended family. Lately though, everyone has been busy with their own family stuff and I don't know the last time I had the holiday off. Working holidays is one of my least favorite things to do.
                            2005 HOA Natural Classic
                            2006 OCB Midwest
                            2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                            2008 HOA Natural Classic
                            NPC Mid-Illinois
                            NPC Midwest Open
                            NPC Natural Grand Prix
                            2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                            USPA Illinois State
                            NGA Heart of America
                            NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by npakergy16
                              My aunts chocolate cream pie=sex
                              3 of those words within the same sentence... *shudder*
                              Max Muscle
                              5020 Katella Ave.
                              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X