a perfect reminder that less is more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a perfect reminder that less is more

Though old and probably seen by many, this article is just a wake up moment for the people that still argue that doing more is better. This page just reiterates what DC has been saying for years that you dont need all the glam iso exercises to get massive. As unfortunate as it is, people do need to be reminded that.

The problem is people see pro BB's training vids on youtube and think since they're doing 6-8 ex's per body part and working out 6 days a week that they can soon look like there idol. But what they are forgetting is that they had to start somewhere and they definitely didnt start out doing that much volume. People tend to forget that or just plain old ignore that fact. Anyways, if you you've seen this already then sorry, if not then you might like this. Remember, you cant chisel a pebble but you can chisel a boulder.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/the-real-a...nner-programs/

great program
    better than starting strenght
    althought its almost the same.

i hate seeing guys sknnier than stick doing
    jay cutler or phil heath routine with 5 exercise 7straight sets and 15 reps looking for a pump.
    dunno why rarely anyone tries to copy ronnie coleman.

Comment

Exactly. It's just something that I'll never understand. It's a lack of education on muscle growth really

Comment

There is no absolute man.. a large number of bodybuilders started on volume routines and got big from them.
        Use the following discount code: BDB830 and save 5 to 10% on your order at www.trueprotein.com

Comment

I had a conversation with a guy in my gym about this, and he does like 6-7 sets and max reps for each exercise, i understand each to his own but he was adamant that you can always get strong and bigger working out this way...

Comment

he probably doesn't look like Reg Park.

Comment

I agree with what your saying but I do think some people respond better to more volume. I did DC training for awhile and was even trained by one of Dantes old trainees and my gains were not that great (not the fault of the trainer). Once I switched to more moderate volume routine (8-12 work sets per body part) I gained strength and size at a much faster rate than when I was doing DC. DC is a great program and works well for a lot of people, but it just didnt work that well for me. I need more volume to grow and get stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by punkguitarist View Post
                I agree with what your saying but I do think some people respond better to more volume. I did DC training for awhile and was even trained by one of Dantes old trainees and my gains were not that great (not the fault of the trainer). Once I switched to more moderate volume routine (8-12 work sets per body part) I gained strength and size at a much faster rate than when I was doing DC. DC is a great program and works well for a lot of people, but it just didnt work that well for me. I need more volume to grow and get stronger.
                Were you getting stronger while on Dc?
                Who trained you?
                [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Just wanted to add that in arnold's first book 'An Education of a Bodybuilder' or whatever it's called (and by the way the only advice coming from Arnold ever worth following!) the workouts he recommends are almost identical to Reg Park's.

Also thought you might want to see his mass gain diet he says he used while using these programs, which works out at about 5000 cals and is loads and loads of milk. Let's hear what you think!

"breakfast 7.30: 3 eggs, 1/2lbs beef patty, 2pieces buttered toast, 2 glasses milk

midmorning snack 10.00: half sandwich, meat, 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 glass milk

lunch 12.30: 1 meat sandwich, 1 cheese sandwich, 2 glasses milk, fruit

midafternoon snack 3.00: 1 hard-boiled egg, 3 sliced cheese, 2 glasses milk

supper 6.00: 3/4lbs ground beef, baked potato with butter, salad, vegetable (corn, beans, peas), 2 glasses milk

bedtime snack 9.00: protein drink: 2 glasses milk, 1/2 cup nonfat milk solids, one egg, 1/2 cup ice cream. mix in a blender.

Comment

Working...
                  X