TRT- Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRT- Help

If this needs to be moved; move it por favor.

I have a client who has low testosterone. I have not had enough experience with TRT or anything similar to know much about it, but I know that low testosterone is far worse than having it normal or too high. However, he is using these statements to claim that he does NOT want to try to get it higher, (Though it is impacting his fat loss, which is going slower than it should)

"Unfortunately, extensive marketing from the pharmaceutical industry encourages the widespread use of testosterone replacement. The aggressive pressure they place on physicians to prescribe testosterone borders on medical irresponsibility. The long-term dangers of inappropriate testosterone use could be far more severe than we know today."

"Note: Men often mistake the increased energy and improved mood they experience while using testosterone replacement as proof of its effectiveness. In reality, the steroidal nature of testosterone is what causes these changes. Once the treatment is stopped, men can experience withdrawal and severe depression, as well as the permanent inability to naturally produce testosterone."

Any thoughts on these claims?

EDIT: He's 41, test 'level' was 250
    Last edited by darkguitars2000; 11-13-2012, 10:57 PM.
    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Originally posted by darkguitars2000 View Post
    If this needs to be moved; move it por favor.

I have a client who has low testosterone. I have not had enough experience with TRT or anything similar to know much about it, but I know that low testosterone is far worse than having it normal or too high. However, he is using these statements to claim that he does NOT want to try to get it higher, (Though it is impacting his fat loss, which is going slower than it should)

"Unfortunately, extensive marketing from the pharmaceutical industry encourages the widespread use of testosterone replacement. The aggressive pressure they place on physicians to prescribe testosterone borders on medical irresponsibility. The long-term dangers of inappropriate testosterone use could be far more severe than we know today."

"Note: Men often mistake the increased energy and improved mood they experience while using testosterone replacement as proof of its effectiveness. In reality, the steroidal nature of testosterone is what causes these changes. Once the treatment is stopped, men can experience withdrawal and severe depression, as well as the permanent inability to naturally produce testosterone."

Any thoughts on these claims?

EDIT: He's 41, test 'level' was 250
    DG, it is really his own decision. Does he understand that having a higher level of testosterone will induce postive physiological effects (You can reference this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2690426/ )?

Have you encouraged him to talk with his Doctor? Does he have plans to have kids in the future?

Have you explained the health risks associated with having low testosterone?

There are pros and cons to deciding to get on TRT and if he understands that Low-T is slowing his progress and is comfortable with that, then there should npt be a concern. You are doing your best to optimize the results based on the circumstances. Rather than encouraging him either way, I would suggest educating him on the postive and negative effects of TRT and suggest he initiate a discussion with his Doctor to weigh the pros and cons based on his medical history.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      DG, it is really his own decision. Does he understand that having a higher level of testosterone will induce postive physiological effects (You can reference this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2690426/ )?

Have you encouraged him to talk with his Doctor? Does he have plans to have kids in the future?

Have you explained the health risks associated with having low testosterone?

There are pros and cons to deciding to get on TRT and if he understands that Low-T is slowing his progress and is comfortable with that, then there should npt be a concern. You are doing your best to optimize the results based on the circumstances. Rather than encouraging him either way, I would suggest educating him on the postive and negative effects of TRT and suggest he initiate a discussion with his Doctor to weigh the pros and cons based on his medical history.
      I agree with what Mental said especially that last paragraph. Have him speak with his Doctor. In my case we went through the pro's & con's. And I decided to give it a try..I can say 100% without any doubts that it was the best decision I made. I feel a million times better than I did with my test levels being so low. In my case we did a trial dose to see how I felt and what my levels went to and IF it was something I wanted to continue.

There are lots of options out there for him, he just needs to decide if he wants to do this and if he is willing to ask questions and listen.

Again, just my $.02 based on my experience.
      Joe
      Joe

Contest History:
      2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
      2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
      2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
      2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
      2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
      2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Working...
      X