Heights diet plan.....opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heights diet plan.....opinions

ok so a little about me, i currently train using layne nortons PHAT routine and i love it, been training with it for about 9 weeks now, with the week before last off as a deload week.
    previously i was 220lbs @ 6'5" with a body fat roughly (used callipers) of 20%, i cut down to 197 i think was my lowest and i hated how i looked, obviously as my height and a weight of 197lbs......i looked so scrawny.

so obviously my plan is to add some size, i started eating 3000kcal a day and my weight was going up, as well as all lifts. i have recently decided to add some more calories so my new diet sits me at 3500kcal a day on training days, on non training days i do eat less, i dont track calories on these days.
    (5 training days, 2 non training days)

so i was just wondering what you guys make of my diet, its all pretty boring foods to be honest but here it goes:

i train at 630am
    post workout i have a shake - 2scoops whey, 3 scoops of instant oats. i also eat some sugary cereal with this. p/c/f - 54/116/15

meal 2 (about 2.5 hours later) - 125g rice, 1 chicken breast, 2 omega 3 caps
    p/c/f - 41/96/5

meal 3 (about 2.5 hours later) - 125g rice, 1 chicken breast, broccoli, 2 omega 3 caps. p/c/f - 45/109/5

meal 4 - (about 2.5 hours later) - shake - 2scoops whey, 3 scoops oats. 2 chicken drumsticks, 3 tbsp of peanut butter - p/c/f - 70/59/25

meal 5 - (about 2.5 hours later) - 2 chicken breasts, sweet potato, baked beans, veg - p/c/f - 84/68/4

meal 6 - before bed - pint of milk, peanut butter - p/c/f - 13/14/12

totals - 3555kcal, p/c/f - 294/460/57

any opinions are appreciated. oh and my weight is currently 207lbs.
    Last edited by height_11; 10-30-2012, 03:28 PM.

I don't know what your metabolism is like, but being that you were up around 20 percent body fat, it's not as if you've got a raging metabolism and have trouble putting on fat. Being so, I think that taking down 460 grams of carbs 5 days a week is possibly taking you down the road to fat island, especially if you, as of right now, aren't lean (single digit body fat) to begin with.

It's tough to say anything with even a hint of certainty as there's very little information provided about your background weight, nutrition and exercise history, as well as no pictures added to truly assess your body composition, so I could be way off.
    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

I think dakoose is on the right track.... I'd lighten up the carbs and add in more healthy fats if I were you. Then again I don't know much about your body type.... Are you an endo, meso, ecto?

Comment

well, im obviously tall, im not naturally skinny (find it easy to gain weight) ill take some new pics this week but these pics below are left=jan, right=march. dnt know if these help?
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, so if I drop cals to around 3000 again, cut my carbs to 300g and up my fat to 90g.
          removing carbs from my afternoon shake and dinner.

Comment

Why don't you try it as you laid it out for a few weeks and see what happens before you listen to everyone say you hafta drop your carbs? If you wanna grow, you need calories. At 3000 cals a day, that's a little less than what my prep diet was, and I'm not HUGE.....at 6'5 and 200lbs I highly doubt that 3000 cals a day is gonna have you growing much at all. Your frame could EASILY hold 250-275lbs if you really wanted to push it. I know this cause I am 6'3 or so and am pretty comfortable at around 250....Yes it is hard for me to go much above that because 1) I have a hard time getting the amount of CLEAN food in that I need to move the scale past that weight, and 2) the times that I've been up past 250 to almost 265-270 I have been EXTREMELY uncomfortable, and do not feel healthy.....But I think that if your force your body to utilize the calories you provide it you will grow. I may be in the minority, but I say chow down for a couple weeks and see what happens....
            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

if your weight and lifts were going up on 3k why are you increasing? did your progress stall?

Comment

if your weight and lifts were going up on 3k why are you increasing? did your progress stall?

THIS
                '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                17 AAU Super Total
                '16-AAU Hi
                '15-USPA Metro
                '15-USPA State
                '15-AAU HI
                '14-AAU HI
                '14-USPA Metro
                '14-WABDL Sonny's
                '14-USPA State
                '14-HI Strongman
                '13-USPA
                '13-WABDL Sonny's
                '13-USPA State
                '13-AAU HI
                '11-USPA Metro
                '10-NPC Stingrey
                '09-NPC Islands
                '09-NPC Stingrey
                '09-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA IronWorks
                '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                '01-ABA Olympia
                '01-ABA Islands
                '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                '00-INBF Musclefest
                '98-NGA Ill
                '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Try out whatever you want at first to see how your body reacts for sure, but those are just my two cents. And I'd get fats more to like 120-150g per day.

Comment

My weight gain was beginning to slow,maybe a 500kcal increase is too much of a jump, maybe if I went up to 3250ish. I think I will drop carbs from my evening meal. Use that approach for a few weeks and see what happens. Ill post a current pic up later today.

Comment

if your progress is starting to slow(which I'd suggest you wait until that is definitive[i.e. weight stagnates for a couple weeks and lifts don't increase for a couple weeks]), I wouldn't retool the whole diet. keep things simple. start by adding in carbs around training in order to bring calories up, and expand calorie consumption from the training window...out to the other parts of the day, as needed. 500 cals is a big jump. dont be in a hurry. add a 5-10% increase in cals and move up from there. the last thing you want to do is, not only jump too quick but, also change the whole diet(which I dont know if you are doing, just an assumption).

Comment

Like the guys above said, the ideal thing is to just give the diet a try and see where you go from there. Personally, I would have set things up differently, as you can tell from my earlier post, but the best thing is to just pick something and go.
                        Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Working...
                        X