Warrior Dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Dash?

Anybody run one of these? theres one in Hawaii in Feb and my wife wants us to run it.....looks fun. i figure it will get me out of the gym for my cardio and i try to support my wife in any athletic endeavor (shes always been pretty awesome about my hobbies)

thoughts??
    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
    17 AAU Super Total
    '16-AAU Hi
    '15-USPA Metro
    '15-USPA State
    '15-AAU HI
    '14-AAU HI
    '14-USPA Metro
    '14-WABDL Sonny's
    '14-USPA State
    '14-HI Strongman
    '13-USPA
    '13-WABDL Sonny's
    '13-USPA State
    '13-AAU HI
    '11-USPA Metro
    '10-NPC Stingrey
    '09-NPC Islands
    '09-NPC Stingrey
    '09-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA IronWorks
    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
    '01-ABA Olympia
    '01-ABA Islands
    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
    '00-INBF Musclefest
    '98-NGA Ill
    '98-INBF Ohio

They can be fun. They are way easy if you are in any kind of shape (which you obviously are)... Its only a 5k with some obstacles in the way.

I would just say to bring a shiiitttyyy pair of shoes, but ones that fit nicely as its EASY to slip and fall in some parts of the mud areas. I know many people who have twisted an ankle or sprained their wrist... Not conducive to lifting heavy iron.

But yeah, its fun cardio and you get a couple of cool pictures out of the deal.

Comment

My buddies do these often (Tough Mudder, Spartan Race) and they love them. Some sound harder than others, but it would be cool to do.
      2005 HOA Natural Classic
      2006 OCB Midwest
      2007 ABA Natural Illinois
      2008 HOA Natural Classic
      NPC Mid-Illinois
      NPC Midwest Open
      NPC Natural Grand Prix
      2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
      USPA Illinois State
      NGA Heart of America
      NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Thanks guys ....the heats are filling up FAST, so if we wanna do it we need to decide soon!
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

I used to run it all the time in the Marines. Was pretty fun with buddies, but too easy for me.

Comment

It's a short one compared to the others and lots of fun. Good one to get started into these obstacle races. I participated in it last year and had a blast. As mentioned above, if you are slightly conditioned, this will be a cake walk!

Comment

I'm not worried about it being too easy....I just turned 43 and am not quite as athletic as I used to be
              '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
              17 AAU Super Total
              '16-AAU Hi
              '15-USPA Metro
              '15-USPA State
              '15-AAU HI
              '14-AAU HI
              '14-USPA Metro
              '14-WABDL Sonny's
              '14-USPA State
              '14-HI Strongman
              '13-USPA
              '13-WABDL Sonny's
              '13-USPA State
              '13-AAU HI
              '11-USPA Metro
              '10-NPC Stingrey
              '09-NPC Islands
              '09-NPC Stingrey
              '09-ABA Islands
              '02-ABA Islands
              '02-ABA IronWorks
              '01-NPC Paradise Cup
              '01-ABA Olympia
              '01-ABA Islands
              '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
              '00-INBF Musclefest
              '98-NGA Ill
              '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

I ran Tough Mudder Toronto back in August (I think it was august?). Its a little more intense than Warrior Dash, but it was a TON of fun. I fully reccomend it. x2 on the shoes and clothes you don;t care about, but still fit well.
                "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

Originally posted by BB85 View Post
                  I ran Tough Mudder Toronto back in August (I think it was august?). Its a little more intense than Warrior Dash, but it was a TON of fun. I fully reccomend it. x2 on the shoes and clothes you don;t care about, but still fit well.

A "little more intense" is a bit of an understatement. Three miles vs. 11-12...

Both were fun. And plus 1 on wearing crappy clothes + shoes that you can toss out afterwards.

I was pretty out of shape when I did both WD and TM, so I doubt you or anyone else who is reading this will have any trouble finishing, unless you're seriously gunning for time.
                  #docswholift
                  PGY-1 FM
                  "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Nexa-
                    i couldnt run 11 miles if my life depended on it.... lets just say im a work in progress with my priorities currently shifting
                    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                    17 AAU Super Total
                    '16-AAU Hi
                    '15-USPA Metro
                    '15-USPA State
                    '15-AAU HI
                    '14-AAU HI
                    '14-USPA Metro
                    '14-WABDL Sonny's
                    '14-USPA State
                    '14-HI Strongman
                    '13-USPA
                    '13-WABDL Sonny's
                    '13-USPA State
                    '13-AAU HI
                    '11-USPA Metro
                    '10-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-NPC Islands
                    '09-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA IronWorks
                    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                    '01-ABA Olympia
                    '01-ABA Islands
                    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                    '00-INBF Musclefest
                    '98-NGA Ill
                    '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Yeah, I did Tough Mudder in Wisconsin in September....I didn't do any specific training or cardio for it so I had a little trouble with the distance but it wasn't awful. I also ran it with a fucked up left elbow so some of the obstacles were a little harder than what they should have been, but the only one I skipped out on was the monkey bars. What was awful was running half the race with fucking rocks in my shoes.....my left foot was screwed up for almost a month afterwards, it really messed up my lifting. But it was fun.....

And btw, if you do tough mudder, the Arctic Enema portion is amazing....I wouldn't mind jumping into one of those every morning for the rest of my life.
                      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Yes.. you should do it. It is fun but not nearly as hard as the Tough Mudder. You will really like it!

Surprisingly enough, i actually qualified for the national competition or Tougher Mudder in Jersey. During this competition, you repeat the same course over and over for a full 24 hours. I seriously considered training for this and competing in it but i think i would rather be punched in the face repeatedly before doing this race for 24 hours straight. :frusty:
                        Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

Originally posted by trojandogg View Post
                          Yes.. you should do it. It is fun but not nearly as hard as the Tough Mudder. You will really like it!

Surprisingly enough, i actually qualified for the national competition or Tougher Mudder in Jersey. During this competition, you repeat the same course over and over for a full 24 hours. I seriously considered training for this and competing in it but i think i would rather be punched in the face repeatedly before doing this race for 24 hours straight. :frusty:
                          24 hours of that shit? You'd have to really be sick to sign up for that, lol.
                          Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by trojandogg View Post

Awesome that you qualified....there are some hardcore competitors there. The video of the one I watched was ridiculous....weather was just above freezing.

Also....Arctic Enema and both obstacles that electrocuted you, suck. Alot.
                            "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

Also....Arctic Enema and both obstacles that electrocuted you, suck. Alot.
                              I think our Arctic Enema was called the Chernobyl bath.. which really did suck. The worst part for me was the ski slopes that we were running up and down. The next day was the sorest i had ever been by far! I still recommend it tho (what does that say about me?).
                              Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X