Peptopro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peptopro

So does anyone here still use pepto pro pretty regularly?? If so, has it given you any significantly different results then bcaas or eaas around training?

It has either not panned out or people just don't discuss it anymore.
    Last edited by SideShowDoc; 10-12-2012, 10:52 PM.

I swear by it for myself and my clients. Recovery has been much much better. I rarely get sore even while training Mountain Dog style. I will say that it (Peptopro) is only part of the equation though. Using a good high molecular weight carbohydrate with this is a must. I use Karboload. I also add L-Leucine and L-Glutamine. This is a great example of the sum being greater than it's parts.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I've never used PeptoPro by itself, but MG's powdered muscle (which contains PeptoPro as well as carbs in the form of oat starch) has been the best intraworkout formula I've ever used, and I've tried a bunch of different protein/carb concoctions over the last few years. The most noticeable improvement to me has been in maintaining intensity through very long sessions.

Comment

I have noticed no benefits from Pepto Pro included in my intra workout shake over BCAA, Augment, nDure or anything else. I have the same energy and endurance I did using the other products.
        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
          I swear by it for myself and my clients. Recovery has been much much better. I rarely get sore even while training Mountain Dog style. I will say that it (Peptopro) is only part of the equation though. Using a good high molecular weight carbohydrate with this is a must. I use Karboload. I also add L-Leucine and L-Glutamine. This is a great example of the sum being greater than it's parts.
          Dobie, but in addition to adding PeptoPro, what else have you added from the items you listed that could also be affecting recovery?

For example, if you were previously using all of the above but instead of peptopro, used EAAs or WPI, have you noticed any difference?

Recently I began having to use EAAs intra w/o because of the stuff going on with my GI tract (yeah, still going on....) and using WPI cold filtration caused some issues during training. I can't really speak too much for the results since many factors are coming into play due to the GI issues I am having, but I can say that EAAs used as a replacement for whole proteins do seem to be very effective. Despite the health problems, I am still progressing in bodyweight and going up on my lifts.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

how much pepto pro you guys use and do you use it intra or post workout?

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
              Dobie, but in addition to adding PeptoPro, what else have you added from the items you listed that could also be affecting recovery?

For example, if you were previously using all of the above but instead of peptopro, used EAAs or WPI, have you noticed any difference?

Recently I began having to use EAAs intra w/o because of the stuff going on with my GI tract (yeah, still going on....) and using WPI cold filtration caused some issues during training. I can't really speak too much for the results since many factors are coming into play due to the GI issues I am having, but I can say that EAAs used as a replacement for whole proteins do seem to be very effective. Despite the health problems, I am still progressing in bodyweight and going up on my lifts.
              Sorry to heart of your gi issues still.

Any idea what exactly it is...?
              [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
              Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

I use 15g during training with 15g creatine mono and a scoop of Gatorade powder.
                Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
                  Sorry to heart of your gi issues still.

Any idea what exactly it is...?
                  Thanks for the concern.

OT - But, it is something with either my gallbladder or liver. Liver levels were abnormally elevated and I've been having trouble eating fats. I had an ultrasound done yesterday which will hopefully show if there is something abnormal with my insides. I really hope it is just gallstones and I can get that shit taken out.... But have I stopped training....HELL NO!

As much as Scott says, take it easy, I tell him that if I can move iron and make any kind of progress, I am not going to stop (stubborn much? lol). With this shit going on, training seems to be the only constant, it is my therapy.:suspiciou
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I sell Pepto Pro. In fact i have the lowest price out there on Pepto Pro because of our relationship with the company.

With that said i think its a highly overrated product for the price of it.

thats my personal opinion.

If it was between someone taking pepto pro or taking in instantized BCAA's pre post and maybe even during workouts and then pre bed...Id pick the BCAA's 100 times out of 100
                    @dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
                      I sell Pepto Pro. In fact i have the lowest price out there on Pepto Pro because of our relationship with the company.

If it was between someone taking pepto pro or taking in instantized BCAA's pre post and maybe even during workouts and then pre bed...Id pick the BCAA's 100 times out of 100
                      Always have to appreciate the honesty.

Comment

Thanks for the honesty big man. You were all over it years back, what happened? Did it just not pan put like you thought it would? Jumped the gun on liking it a little too early?

Comment

The literature presented was astounding....I fully admit it looked great on paper. I bought into it....I still think its a viable and worthy supplement....if you have the money to burn...but if we are talking about cost ratio vs benefit....I feel its tremendously overrated.
                          @dante_trudel

Comment

Good info ty Dante
                            [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                            Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Dante, or others,

What is the difference between PeptoPro and regular Hydrolyzed Casein? I notice both on your site and the difference in price is quite substantial.

Comment

Working...
                              X