EliteFTS Grenade Balls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EliteFTS Grenade Balls?

EliteFTS has a sale going on right now so I went ahead and ordered some new stuff, including these things called cable grenade balls

They look interesting enough and they look like they're useful with gripping and forearms. I'm thinking that doing some cable pinwheel curls with these things is going to be beyond brutal. Anyone have any experience with these grenades and if so, feel free to throw out some ideas or give some feedback if you've used these before. There's very little I've been able to find online about these.
    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

I have a pair, they are a good tool. Especially useful for cable tricep moves as you can manipulate your hand/wrist position to really target certain areas. Also good for curl variations. Easily hooked up to chains/bands as well, which gives them a bit more variety in a home gym setting too.

Given that they are basically indestructible you should have them for quite a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnie123 View Post
      I have a pair, they are a good tool. Especially useful for cable tricep moves as you can manipulate your hand/wrist position to really target certain areas. Also good for curl variations. Easily hooked up to chains/bands as well, which gives them a bit more variety in a home gym setting too.

Given that they are basically indestructible you should have them for quite a long time.
      Thanks bro.....did you find that these things amplified your arm training?
      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Watson Gym Equipment over here sell a similar thing as a dumbell, Charles Poliquin is a fan-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Tdja-SBIk[/youtube]
        PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
          Thanks bro.....did you find that these things amplified your arm training?
          It will essentially do the same thing as a fat bar. Meaning that when used frequently and over a long period of time, it might add some thickness to your forearms that you would have missed out on. But its not going to magically make your arms bigger just by switching over to using them in 8 weeks.

I think their biggest benefit aside from the thickness of the ball (I have the 3 inch ones, about the size of a tennis ball) is the freedom of movement you get with your hand/wrist. This allows you to tweak the position to hit certain heads of the triceps very effectively, which is more difficult to do with a barbell or handle attachment.

From a longevity standpoint, you can use them with chains so you can save your elbows from the sheering forces at the bottom of extension movements while still overloading the triceps at the top of the movement.

Its a good piece of equipment to have at your disposal.

Comment

Working...
          X