Who are your favorite 3 BBs and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are your favorite 3 BBs and why?

I felt that there are a couple of bodybuilders out there that have shaped what I feel I want to strive to look like. So I decided to state who they are and why in an effort to find out what some of the other people in this forum happen to think and why?

Frank Zane- master poser. I also feel he had awesome proportion (muscle size to other body parts and waistline) and lines that I feel have been lost over time with the current direction of mass monsters.

Dorian Yates- what isn't there to love about Dorian. I never wanted to be 300 pounds but when I watch him lift or on stage I cannot help but want pound 10,000 calories a day.

Frank McGrath- I feel he has that cross between "old school" in a modern time. I also admire everything he has been through and still going. One last note... I would killlll for his forearms.

Looking forward to hear everyone else comments.

Dorian- blood and guts is the only BB DVD I have and goddamn it was a great choice. He's an intelligent guy, has good form, and ushered in the dry/freaky look (for better or worse).

Ronnie- when Ronnie came out with his 287 lb Olympia form he became an all time favorite. Give the fact he has the 800 lb doubles with squats and deadlift and he's a favorite.

Dave Henry/Cedric- Dave first than Cedric. These guys are doing a service for us and still come into these shows in top shape. Both of them also seem very genuine and open.

Not a favorite but a likeable guy is Antoine vaillant. Being 250 plus and able to do all those flips and shit is amazing. He also seems really cool, lifts heavy and pushes a prowler, and he even did a powerlifting competition last year. Great guy, markets himself well and has a lot of potential at such a young age.

Comment

Arnold - Of course.

Frank McGrath - After what he went through with his accident; to bounce back after something like that? Awesome.

Yates - The shadow. Humble and huge.

Comment

Yates and Branch because of their balls to the wall work ethic and intensity.

Centopani and Dusty because they have videos that actually make bodybuilders seem like cool, down to earth, fun, normal people.
        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Kai - he is the sole reason that I really started to take bodybuilding seriously. His mentality towards the sport and every day life is something everyone should look into. If I ever have to tell someone who my hero is, it's him.

Evan Centopani - he's just an all around cool guy. Knows how to joke around, but can be completely serious when he needs to be.

Mark Dugdale - Not many people know about Mark, which surprises me, but he's one of the most family oriented people I've ever met. When I met him at the Arnold we literally just talked for a half hour about life and bodybuilding. Hell, he even helped me with a few diet problems I was having 3 weeks out and took the time to give me advice on what I should work on and how I should do it.

Comment

Rich Gaspari - just because I liked him when I was young.

Ronnie Coleman - freakish and seems like he is a humble, good all around guy

Sergio Olivia- He was way ahead of his time.

Comment

Ken 'Skip' Hill and Anth 'The Freak' Bailes. No third.
              PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

only three, thats tough. bill pearl eric pederson irwin koszewski dave draper franco colombu sergio oliva dorian yates ill try to narrow it down.

Comment

Haha yeah as I'm reading some posts I'd have to agree Dusty is the man but someone's gotta teach him how to cook! I really feel as though I could give a review on every person and a great one at that. Kai is def one of the coolest dudes out there and I follow a lot of what he says. Lee priest is another one with forearms I want and I think he is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by barrym1986 View Post
                    Haha yeah as I'm reading some posts I'd have to agree Dusty is the man but someone's gotta teach him how to cook! I really feel as though I could give a review on every person and a great one at that. Kai is def one of the coolest dudes out there and I follow a lot of what he says. Lee priest is another one with forearms I want and I think he is hilarious.
                    Haha you think so? That nighttime steak or whatever he preps looks pretty good. Also his protein powder + sugar-free jello pudding mix is genius.
                    Max Muscle
                    5020 Katella Ave.
                    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Barbatron View Post
                      Mark Dugdale - Not many people know about Mark, which surprises me, but he's one of the most family oriented people I've ever met. When I met him at the Arnold we literally just talked for a half hour about life and bodybuilding. Hell, he even helped me with a few diet problems I was having 3 weeks out and took the time to give me advice on what I should work on and how I should do it.
                      Mark truly is a great guy. Very genuine and down to earth. Him and his wife work out at the same gym that my fiancee and I work out at, but I actually didn't meet him until seeing him at a local show (Emerald Cup). Same experience you had; talked for probably about a half hour about life and other things. We've now gotten to know him and his wife over the last few months and they really are great people.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                      2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                      2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                      2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                      2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Haha yea I've been eating just 2 scoops of protein and pudding mix wit 8 oz at night to avoid eating junk food... idea from Dusty. But def Awsome videos... I really want to try the red velvet protein but I will say my eating habits are more like Lee Priest

Comment

Lee priest is another one with forearms I want and I think he is hilarious.
                          Your obsession with forearms is borderline creepy lol.

Comment

I would love to disagree with you... But I can't.. haha but yea in a perfect world people would nickname Popeye, Barry!

Comment

I would love to disagree with you... But I can't.. haha but yea in a perfect world people would nickname Popeye, Barry!
                              Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X