My bf guesstimate and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bf guesstimate and questions

These are some pics from last summer and this is the leanest I've ever been. My abs were showing at the time, but just not to that ripped looking level. I'm a wide hipped endomorph and I seem to distribute most all of my fat right to midsection. I tried getting to that same leanness last spring, but failed due to a binge eating problem. I think I just wasn't very motivated towards my cut because I knew i had a lack of muscle mass. Right now I've been bulking for 8 weeks and I've gone from 172 to 190. It seems to be good weight mostly as I don't look like I've put on much fat. Most of my size gains have came from doing a very high volume routine, but I haven't gotten really any stronger, if I have it's very minimal. Why do you think that is? Are my gains probably just mostly water/glycogen and not actual dry muscle tissue? Anyways, I just switched back to DC training because I've found it to be the best program for me for strength gains. I've actually never done DC on a true bulk, but rather a cut and my strength gains were still great. It seems to me that I'm bigger(but not much more fat, if any), but weaker than when I was doing DC on my cut. For my diet, I'm combining carb backloading and IF. Carbs are around 500-600 g on workout nights and protein is kept around 300 g, while fat is about 50. On off days I go into a small deficit, don't eat any carbs, and up my fats. What do you think of my diet approach? My bf right now is probably around 14-15%
    Attached Files
    "Where the mind goes the body follows." -Arnold

No one wants to read a wall of text. Please reformat your question so that we can view your diet without so much to sort through.
    :preach:

Comment

Well, I usually never follow a meal plan. I know the foods I need to eat and my macros to hit, so I just measure and weigh my foods everyday and make sure I hit my macros. I've done this for a while now with accuracy and always manage to eat my planned macros. If I'm off, it's usually not by anymore than about 5-10 g, which doesn't happen often. I've memorized macro breakdown of many foods and I often don't have to look it up if it's not on the package. I like doing it this way as I feel it gives me more varity of food choices over following a meal plan.

Comment

Originally posted by j9899 View Post
        For my diet, I'm combining carb backloading and IF. Carbs are around 500-600 g on workout nights and protein is kept around 300 g, while fat is about 50. On off days I go into a small deficit, don't eat any carbs, and up my fats. What do you think of my diet approach? My bf right now is probably around 14-15%
        j9899

Wow, 500-600 g of carbs is a lot in one day, let alone backloaded at night. (I'm not say this is wrong, in fact I am quite impressed). What kind of carb food are you eating and how long does it take you to consume it?

Comment

Most of what keifer of carb backloading recommends. I start the night with things like potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice, very ripe bananas, white bread/tortillas, instant oats. Towards the end of the night I eat things like sugary cereals, ice cream, cookies, and pastries. Thes foods are all consumed in about 3-4 hours. I think keifer says not to go over 4 hours.I've been doing this for a couple months now and haven't gained much fat, but my muscles look fuller and bigger. I'm what I'd call an endomorph as I've always seemed to gain fat(or difficulty losing) easily, especially from carbs, and grew up as what
          my doc called morbidly obese. Keifer talks about the science behind it. Maybe there's really something to it. Have any of you ever tried it? If so, what do you think about it?
          Last edited by j9899; 10-04-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j9899 View Post
            Most of what keifer of carb backloading recommends. I start the night with things like potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice, very ripe bananas, white bread/tortillas, instant oats. Towards the end of the night I eat things like sugary cereals, ice cream, cookies, and pastries. Thes foods are all consumed in about 3-4 hours. I think keifer says not to go over 4 hours.I've been doing this for a couple months now and haven't gained much fat, but my muscles look fuller and bigger. I'm what I'd call an endomorph as I've always seemed to gain fat(or difficulty losing) easily, especially from carbs, and grew up as what
            my doc called morbidly obese. Keifer talks about the science behind it. Maybe there's really something to it. Have any of you ever tried it? If so, what do you think about it?
            j9899

I have and in fact prefer this type of approach (limiting carbs to the evening post workout only) and feel it gives me the most stable energy and concentration throughout the day.

However, my carb intake has always been more in the neighborhood of 75-200 grams max. Clearly I have been doing something wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X