Generation Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generation Iron

For those of you that didn't watch the live stream of the Olympia last night - they showed this trailer for the new documentary from the producers of Pumping Iron. Supposed to come out sometime next year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd-4qBhUSR4

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

That looks pretty badass. Hopefully it has the same effect/popularity that Pumping Iron did.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I didn't think the trailer would look that good, but it does look like it will be very interesting to watch.
      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
      www.316fit.com
      Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
        That looks pretty badass. Hopefully it has the same effect/popularity that Pumping Iron did.
        Doubt it, since Arnold actually had a (great) personality. These guys don't.
        PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Looks awesome...i can only imagine the d-bags in the theater though this will attract.
          2005 HOA Natural Classic
          2006 OCB Midwest
          2007 ABA Natural Illinois
          2008 HOA Natural Classic
          NPC Mid-Illinois
          NPC Midwest Open
          NPC Natural Grand Prix
          2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
          USPA Illinois State
          NGA Heart of America
          NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
            Looks awesome...i can only imagine the d-bags in the theater though this will attract.
            x2

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
              Doubt it, since Arnold actually had a (great) personality. These guys don't.
              The Arnold vs Lou was played perfectly, also the personalities made the movie so damn good.

The personalities in this will be good with branch, weird Kai, and roelly/Sybil.

Comment

http://iwatchstuff.com/2013/08/gener...g-iron-get.php

Comment

This looks like its very well produced. Hopefully it is more entertaining than watching Ronnie sit on the couch & eat grits like the video I own(Relentless).
                  2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

Comment

Jess and I went to see the movie last night. I teased her that she was the biggest meathead in the theater since she was in workout tights lol. Only about 6 other people there so no douchiness to deal with while watching.

Anyway, it was pretty good. Showed some neat lifestyle type stuff with each of them. Some training footage but focused on the commitment it takes out of the gym to be at that level. I thought Phil definitely came across as arrogant and spoiled and they portrayed Kai as the poor, underdog that you couldn't help but root for. They touched on steroid usage more than I expected and a few people spoke openly in front of the camera which I don't know how smart that was (not about themselves but about the general culture of usage).

All in all it was neat to watch and I walked out inspired by the dedication of them all.
                    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post

Anyway, it was pretty good. Showed some neat lifestyle type stuff with each of them. Some training footage but focused on the commitment it takes out of the gym to be at that level. I thought Phil definitely came across as arrogant and spoiled and they portrayed Kai as the poor, underdog that you couldn't help but root for. They touched on steroid usage more than I expected and a few people spoke openly in front of the camera which I don't know how smart that was (not about themselves but about the general culture of usage).
                      Hmm that sounds familiar..

Just like PI..Arnold the Californian god, ego the size of a field and with all these women around him and training in (at the time) state of the art gym.
                      Lou in a dark/old/damp basement surrounded by balding/chunky men, with a speech impediment and down to earth as they come.

Just like Katz at the start getting his shirt nicked by Ken Waller. You need a mug everybody can root for and you need the egotistical douche nobody likes.

Comment

For someone just getting into the BB world from CF, I thought it was a great doc and a great representation of the sport. The production values were amazing and I liked that it focused on so many different competitors. Sadly, there were only 5 people in the theater (on a Friday night at only showing in Denver-area) including myself. I hope it finds it's legs in the home release market.

Comment

Originally posted by coffee>tea View Post
                          For someone just getting into the BB world from CF, I thought it was a great doc and a great representation of the sport. The production values were amazing and I liked that it focused on so many different competitors. Sadly, there were only 5 people in the theater (on a Friday night at only showing in Denver-area) including myself. I hope it finds it's legs in the home release market.
                          What theater in Denver was that? I still have not seen it and might get out this week to see it if it is still playing.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

It was surprisingly pretty good. They made an interesting story line / plot out of it. Even my wife enjoyed it and she doesn't know a thing about BB'ing.

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

Comment

It was the Highlands Ranch theater off Broadway, no longer showing. Grown Ups 2 lasts 3 months in a theater, Gen Iron last a week and a half. Sad state of affairs

Comment

Working...
                              X