Clear All

• 2012 Mr. O is a wrap! Phil for the 2peat

1. Phil
    2. Kai
    3. Rhoden (called it!...kinda...)
    4. Dexter (didn't see this one coming)
    5. Branch
    6. Wolf

Not sure which of you guys were actually there. Controversial placings or everything seemed on point with what they brought to the stage?
    Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

I look forward to the pics because I have no clue how it all went down. I heard Branch was off and Wolf got screwed but I would prefer to see it all for myself and decide.

The only real surprise for me that I did not see coming was Rohden going that high. Sure, he has fans but I dont know of anyone that thought he would go anywhere near that high.

Disappointed to see Evan in 8th. Was he just off or no?

Props to Dex for still proving he is worthy.

Skip

Sent from Skip's Galaxy Note

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Very true about the Rhoden statement; big fan of his but admittedly he wasn't at his best condition (or even color) and shallow from the back. Great structure, lines and fullness. I guess that's what the judges were seeing/rewarding. Nice to see a guy who looks and presents himself like the 90's bodybuilders (fan of).

Dex still placing high is a testament to his physique and fortitude. Underrated IMO. Sure many say he never really improves each year but he also never looks off, either. Modern day Shawn Ray...just always there and on point, in shape, great structure.

As for Wolf...maybe the judges this time really are dinging him for the calves. Lack of completeness. I feel like balance and symmetry took precedence on this day over everything else (not just freakiness), based on the top 3 placers. Some say his coloring was off too...not sure how much of an effect that puts on the presentation.

Skip, what do you think?...if Dennis Wolf got calf implants like Lou Ferrigno before he retired (some say Flex Wheeler did, too) do you think that would help him or be a nonfactor because judges would automatically know they were implants? Or you still think calves just don't matter these days?

Pretty happy for Kai. Everything came together. Hopefully he remembers/wrote down everything he did this time and tweak it a bit to get even that much better. Should have a lot more confidence in the next few years going into competitions knowing you're 1st runner up.
      Last edited by theroymccoy; 09-30-2012, 04:57 AM.
      Max Muscle
      5020 Katella Ave.
      Los Alamitos, CA 90720
      www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

This O really marks the start of a new Era for those of us who have been following for a while.

No Ronnie. No Jay. Phil now with a 2nd win in a row could be starting the longest Mr. O reign of all time. Kai nipping at his heels... Very interesting time to be a fan of the sport.

BTW - Johnny Jacksons triceps were F'in crazy. He must be doing those Skip Preacher Bench French Presses
        Last edited by Lonnie123; 09-30-2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Flex beat Dave in the 212, sucks but you can't really argue it. Now Rhoden placing 3rd in his Olympia debut is like a record or something (I think Dorian may have placed 2nd his first time). Branch looked really shitty in the pictures I saw, I know pictures can be deceiving but he looked really bad (kinda glad after all the shit he was talking in the conference).
          Evan looked off just a bit and he looked small just like skip ha said. Was a nice call but nobody saw branch 5, wolf 6, and Evan 8.

Comment

Originally posted by big ross View Post
            Flex beat Dave in the 212, sucks but you can't really argue it. Now Rhoden placing 3rd in his Olympia debut is like a record or something (I think Dorian may have placed 2nd his first time). Branch looked really shitty in the pictures I saw, I know pictures can be deceiving but he looked really bad (kinda glad after all the shit he was talking in the conference).
            Evan looked off just a bit and he looked small just like skip ha said. Was a nice call but nobody saw branch 5, wolf 6, and Evan 8.
            Rhoden competed at the 2011 Olympia and came in 11th - so not his debut, but still, jumping from 11 to 3 is incredible.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
            2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
            2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
            2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
            2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

IMO Dave looked better than Flex at night. He seemed to really tighten up. But Flex looked a little drier in the PJ. Dave's back is just sickening! His taper and the way every muscle pops is incredible.

I think Flex had Dave with quads, mainly the sweep, and on side shots Flex's hamstrings seemed tighter.

It was so close between those two and I was sooo pissed to see Dave take the two spot.

And between Phil and Kai. Another great battle! Phil seemed to come in the finals with more confidence and an overall harder physique. After PJ they were neck and neck, but he did his homework and brought it home.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                As for Wolf...maybe the judges this time really are dinging him for the calves. Lack of completeness. I feel like balance and symmetry took precedence on this day over everything else (not just freakiness), based on the top 3 placers.

I'm shocked that Branch placed that high based on the top4 picks.. its like they went for symmetry and aesthetic for the first 4 spots and then.. not so much..

Branch right quads looked smaller and overall I think a lot of people think he looked bad and didnt even deserve a top6

It must sucks for Wolf, to be at arguably his best condition, and get shafted like that
                Julien

Comment

Mr. Olympia 2012 (Phil Heath vs. Greene, Kai)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwhQYvKOeA[/YOUTUBE]
                  2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

P.J.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J0sjq82J6c[/YOUTUBE]
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by moco View Post
                      Rhoden competed at the 2011 Olympia and came in 11th - so not his debut, but still, jumping from 11 to 3 is incredible.
                      Oh didn't know about last year, is a great jump to 3. See what his plans are for next year if just does the Arnold and O or does numerous shows.

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                        Mr. Olympia 2012 (Phil Heath vs. Greene, Kai)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwhQYvKOeA[/YOUTUBE]
                        Damn that was much closer than I had thought (that video they are basically even and you have to knock out the champ to get the title), they're also completely right about Phil and his structure just being too much.
                        What a great show with these two and the battle at 212 being so close.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-rV21Urw4

video from finals!

I think Phil looked better there
                          Julien

Comment

Ok, I know im out of the loop but wasnt Cedrick suposta been in the O?

Comment

Speaking of Cedric, and I dont want to stir shit but i'm curious

He posted this on his fb page :

"You can pretend to be humble and personable all u want but the real u... (the arrogant cocky u that i seen in 2010 when i met u, the real u that u try to hide when ur around fans pretending ur some genuine dude) is starting to leak out and everybody sees it. Soon it wont be christmas time, it will be halloween"

Anyone know who he's refering to? I got an idea I think but..
                              Julien

Comment

Working...
                              X