Peanut Butter Recall: Please Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut Butter Recall: Please Read

I have been having some severe intestinal issues for the past few weeks and keep seeing the gastroenterologist but nothing is conclusive as of yet. He has given me anti-biotics and I feel better for a few days, but when I am done with the course and go back to my normal diet the symptoms come back...

I am not sure if this is the cause, but it seems VERY likely considering I eat several of these items in large quantities.

Check this recall list to make sure none of your food items have salmonella:

Click on the link on the page to open the .pdf

http://www.sunlandinc.com/788/html/index.htm
    Last edited by mentalflex; 09-25-2012, 04:10 PM.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Man that sucks! Hope you feel better man. Stomach stuff sucks big time!

Joe
    Joe

Contest History:
    2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
    2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
    2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
    2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
    2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
    2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

flex-

I use 'Naturally more organic peanut butter' and have not had any problems. I am gonna check the date tonight tho just in case.

Thanks for the heads up!
      Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

Originally posted by trojandogg View Post
        flex-

I use 'Naturally more organic peanut butter' and have not had any problems. I am gonna check the date tonight tho just in case.

Thanks for the heads up!
        Yes, I eat TONS of this as well as the Almond butter. But is seems really strange when the I was finally feeling better on Wednesday (first time not throwing up since my competition) and at Naturally More PB, the same jar I ahd at my show, and started feeling ill again...and all weekend long I was on the crapper.

Whether this was just a rebound or something else, I have no idea. I am going to see the gastro again today.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

WOW. I used to work at Sunland in Portales, NM. I inspected their crop for the Dept. of Agriculture. It was all lab-work but I don't recall us doing any tests for salmonella.
          Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

The PDF won't download for me.
            [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
            Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
              The PDF won't download for me.
              I updated it. I just got back from the gastro and he said, this is VERY likely the cause because I would keep getting sick right after getting better when I returned to my normal diet. And when he gave me an antibiotic for bacterial infections, I still felt sick, because salmonella does not respond to the particular anti biotic.

The funny thing is, Scott said he thought PB might be cause, although for a different reason, it was suspected. I think his head was spinning as he was doing his detective work trying to think of every possible scenario as to why this happened.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Smuckers natural isn't on here phew

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post

The funny thing is, Scott said he thought PB might be cause, although for a different reason, it was suspected. I think his head was spinning as he was doing his detective work trying to think of every possible scenario as to why this happened.
                  I strongly suspected you were inadvertently "dosing" yourself with something pathogenic (e.g., my blender story) that was making you sick...

Any yep, I didn't suspect salmonella of all things in peanut butter, but it's fittin'...

Funny thing about that .pdf, unless I missed it, is that they're not giving refunds. This could be really affecting a LOT of people, given all those brands of PB and almond butter...

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                  2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                  2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                    I strongly suspected you were inadvertently "dosing" yourself with something pathogenic (e.g., my blender story) that was making you sick...

Any yep, I didn't suspect salmonella of all things in peanut butter, but it's fittin'...

Funny thing about that .pdf, unless I missed it, is that they're not giving refunds. This could be really affecting a LOT of people, given all those brands of PB and almond butter...

-S
                    I believe I saw in there you can get a refund if you take the jar back to the store. It would cause some REALLY bad press if they didn't... But it can't replace 3+ weeks of my life. So we have some catching up to do.

But we certainly made some good discoveries that will be beneficial long term with some of the food choices and looking into the appliances (my blender is still in the trash).

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Oh Crap, I have some from that list that I got at costco

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        I believe I saw in there you can get a refund if you take the jar back to the store. It would cause some REALLY bad press if they didn't... But it can't replace 3+ weeks of my life. So we have some catching up to do.

But we certainly made some good discoveries that will be beneficial long term with some of the food choices and looking into the appliances (my blender is still in the trash).
                        What type of blender u gonna get?
                        Ninja?

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
                          What type of blender u gonna get?
                          Ninja?
                          This one was my small blender, like a 1 serving style I got as a gift. It was just convenient to blend stuff and was easier cleaning.

I really want a Vitamix...but can't justify paying that much.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I love my black and decker from target ;-)

But a vitamix looks awsome

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Working...
                            X