Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obesity

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Obesity

    Just wondering if anyone else read this article. Yeah, i know it was printed on the 'Yahoo' news website but unlike some of their articles, this actually makes sense and although its not a shocker, its pretty outstanding.

    http://gma.yahoo.com/most-americans-...-wellness.html

    I was just wondering why this is becoming such an epidemic? Are people just that lazy or that uneducated? I am no professional bodybuilder (Scott's gonna get me there one day ) but i have always been in good shape and i constantly have people asking me how i do it. I will tell them the tried and true answers of proper eating and exercise and a day later they are telling me about the new 'lemon diet/cleanse' that they are doing and i work in a health facility too. Us employees should know better. Its so bad that half of my patients dont even fit in my medical equipment anymore. Personally, i would not care (besides the part of my taxes going to lazy, unhealthy people for their basic health care) about this issue so much but i am really tired of the complaining about their weight problems when i have given them advice over and over again. If you like being a 400 lb pile of shit thats great but dont come complaining to me every week that you want to change.

    Just me ranting! :WTF:
    Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

  • #2
    Fatness (I don't like to use the word "obese.")a problem, but I don't know what more there is that can be done about it. People are not stupid in this country; fat people know why they're fat. I've yet to meet one really fat person who eats healthy, the people who are big slobs are perfectly aware of how they got that way....trust me.

    What I don't like that's being done is what they did recently in NYC, banning stores from selling bottled drinks bigger than 16 ounces. Nobody should have the right to tell anyone what they can or can eat.
    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

    My On-Site Log

    My Off-Site Log

    Comment


    • #3
      Access to healthy food and education are part of it, but by no means an excuse.

      Do you ask your patients what they do and what part of town they live in?
      #docswholift
      PGY-1 FM
      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nexa View Post
        Access to healthy food and education are part of it, but by no means an excuse.

        Do you ask your patients what they do and what part of town they live in?
        I admit that i do work in a lower income area and i agree that healthy food costs more but that should only apply to a number of patients of mine no matter what your income level is. The rest, i am growing increasingly less tolerant for, especially the ones who have enough to be driving a lexus but are on medicaid.
        Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

        Comment


        • #5
          Even if you can't afford "healthy" food, you can still not over eat, and take a cheap multi vitamin. There is NO EXCUSE to be overweight if you don't want to.

          It's very simple eat less, move more.

          If you are aren't over eating it doesn't matter what type of food you eat... you wont gain weight.
          -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
          -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
          198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
          -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
          198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
          -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
          198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dakoose View Post
            Fatness (I don't like to use the word "obese.")a problem, but I don't know what more there is that can be done about it. People are not stupid in this country; fat people know why they're fat. I've yet to meet one really fat person who eats healthy, the people who are big slobs are perfectly aware of how they got that way....trust me.

            What I don't like that's being done is what they did recently in NYC, banning stores from selling bottled drinks bigger than 16 ounces. Nobody should have the right to tell anyone what they can or can eat.
            I had to LMAO at the start of your post. Not because you wrote anything I disagree with, but because it mirrors how I think.....

            ALTHOUGH.....if you ask almost ANY fat person, they will tell you that they have a PHYSICAL reason why they are fat. I know SOOOO many people who live in such denial it's ridiculous. From thyroid issues to genetics, I hear it all the time, and as they're sucking down a soda or chili dog they are telling me that they don't eat that bad either.....lol. It's sad really.....yes, they know why they are fat, but it's less impactful on their self image if they try to explain it away to a medical ailment, when really what they should be doing is not filling their mouth with shit food.......
            STEEL




            "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
              I had to LMAO at the start of your post. Not because you wrote anything I disagree with, but because it mirrors how I think.....

              ALTHOUGH.....if you ask almost ANY fat person, they will tell you that they have a PHYSICAL reason why they are fat. I know SOOOO many people who live in such denial it's ridiculous. From thyroid issues to genetics, I hear it all the time, and as they're sucking down a soda or chili dog they are telling me that they don't eat that bad either.....lol. It's sad really.....yes, they know why they are fat, but it's less impactful on their self image if they try to explain it away to a medical ailment, when really what they should be doing is not filling their mouth with shit food.......
              True that. I'm muscular, fit and athletic now, but late in Elementary school and early in high school I was a really chubby kid, probably categorized as obese, though I don't know. Now, my mom always tells me how lucky I am that I have a great metabolism and she (who is fat), has to try SOOOOOO hard just to lose a pound. I've tried explaining the process I used to get from chubby ----> muscular but it's like banging my head against the well. Denial's a tough sonuvabitch to break through.
              Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

              My On-Site Log

              My Off-Site Log

              Comment


              • #8
                The gov legislates what we put in our bodies all the time. Why should shit food be any different? I cant eat hallucinogenic mushrooms because they are bad for, I cant smoke weed cause its bad for me, I cant bang test cause its bad for me. Why should doritos be any different?

                In a few decades (if that long) the biggest threat to national security will be lack of able bodied recruits to serve in the armed forces.
                Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                -John Ceasar

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                  The gov legislates what we put in our bodies all the time. Why should shit food be any different? I cant eat hallucinogenic mushrooms because they are bad for, I cant smoke weed cause its bad for me, I cant bang test cause its bad for me. Why should doritos be any different?

                  In a few decades (if that long) the biggest threat to national security will be lack of able bodied recruits to serve in the armed forces.
                  Because just like alcohol doritos in moderation have no adverse effects on your health.
                  -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                  -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                  198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                  -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                  198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                  -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                  198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
                    Because just like alcohol doritos in moderation have no adverse effects on your health.
                    ive ingested two of the three with no adverse effects on my health. Many would argue that the third could be used responsibly with little or no adverse effect....
                    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                    -John Ceasar

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Because you can get in a car and kill someone when you're drunk, high, etc. Soda can't do shit to anybody but the drinker. And before anybody goes there, people that eat themselves into heart attacks shouldn't get the same health benefits that "healthy" people get. So yes, I think healthcare needs some reforming, too.

                      And I agree on the testosterone, that shouldn't be legislated on by the gov.
                      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

                      My On-Site Log

                      My Off-Site Log

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What does eating "healthy food" have to do with the obesity issue? Portion size is MUCH more important than food choice. Overeating is the problem, not the availability of food choices.

                        Obese people can afford to over eat, so obviously being too poor for "healthy food" is bullshit. Like me, they prefer to eat junk food, but they lack the self control to restrain themselves from going overboard on portions.
                        Last edited by PBRevolution; 09-18-2012, 10:32 PM.
                        My log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47064

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by trojandogg View Post
                          I admit that i do work in a lower income area and i agree that healthy food costs more but that should only apply to a number of patients of mine no matter what your income level is. The rest, i am growing increasingly less tolerant for, especially the ones who have enough to be driving a lexus but are on medicaid.

                          Not just the cost, but also access can be an issue. Not too long ago I was bitching and moaning about having to drive 15 minutes to the nice college town nearby to get my groceries because I chose to live near my school campus and fast food places.

                          I sometimes would get frustrated too, especially the variety that you described in the last sentence. And also those who wanna know the magic secret to losing weight, as if one actually exists. And those who can scarffle two giant bags of Cheetos in one train ride, only to toss the empty bags on the floor for someone else to pick up.
                          #docswholift
                          PGY-1 FM
                          "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I do not feel sorry in any way for fat people. I was one of them for many years. I have lost over 120 pounds, and it is not complicated. The problem with so many people is that they do not take personal responsibility for anything in their lives anymore. It is always someone else's fault, and therefor they don't have to do anything about it.

                            I certainly felt that way at times and I am ashamed to admit it. It wasn't until I looked in the mirror and realized that the shape I was in was MY fault that I could make that change. Once I took responsibility for myself, I could change the way I was living. Until then, I had no hope.

                            Society is so quick to give people excuses and I am personally fed up with it, no pun intended. Fat people are fat because they eat too much and exercise too little. It is their fault. It is time that we, as a society, start showing these people some tough love. No more feeling sorry for them or telling them it is ok. No more coddling. And this applies to more than just obesity...

                            Sorry for the rant, just my experience...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              How are some vegans fat, when they only eat "healthy food" all day...
                              My log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47064

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X