Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Team Skip Experiment Results (So Far)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Team Skip Experiment Results (So Far)

EDIT:
    I am 21, 6'1" decent genetics I guess. Don't really know. Training history is long, I know what I am doing in the gym is the short story.
    One of the cool things about the experiment is despite all of the weightloss, I've been able to keep deadlift, sumo deadlift, SLDL, squat, and front squat in my routine and do them all for both heavy/max singles as well as widows, improve my #'s on all rep ranges and actually be effective doing it as well as being a more or less functioning human being the next day. I like being able to be high intensity while dieting without feeling like it is counterproductive, and the fullness all week/the cardio sessions allowed me to be fresh enough to actually do that. I probably had only 1 or 2 "zombie workouts" even while on the lower calorie portions of the diet. Even during those sessions, I was still strong, I just felt out of it. This was especially great from a training perspective.

I know one of the other guys taking part in the experiment posted his results with it thus far, and I thought I'd post my results as well.

During the experiment, I dropped from 214 to 197 (which bumped back up when I started D-Aspartic Acid, but I digress). I definitely got a lot leaner and 17lbs in around 8 weeks is no joke for fat loss, but I also managed to improve all of my lifts. The heavy compounds definitely went up, but so did the accessory stuff. I was already dieting on my own, and my strength had definitely dipped, so having someone like Skip at the helm really does make a difference.

One of the things that we did went against all of the dieting logic I could think of, but it caused me to drop a lot of fat, quickly, and then maintain my weight while simultaneously dropping fat as we moved forward. That was pretty cool to see.

One of the other parts of the experiment just made the Skipload more enjoyable (yes it is possible)and actually allowed me to get in more carbs before, without trying to cram them in like I had previously. And, I managed to remain full all week, which was tough to do. Over the course of the experiment, I'd say that all 17 lbs I dropped were fat, and I may have added some mass too
    Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 09-15-2012, 02:50 PM.

When is the finishing date of experiment? Can't wait for the write up! Awesome results man
    Originally posted by thsfootball
    Stressing about what's catabolic- catabolic

Comment

Nice results
      [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
      Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Nice job kiddo!
        #docswholift
        PGY-1 FM
        "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by daneoz View Post
          When is the finishing date of experiment? Can't wait for the write up! Awesome results man
          October 1st

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
          Nice results
          Thanks
          Originally posted by nexa View Post
          Nice job kiddo!
          Thanks!

One more thing that I think is important: whatever you think you need to lose to be "lean" (like 8-10%), you need to lose 10 more lbs. Unless you're an experienced competitor, then you know better than me but--you won't look smaller than you thought you would, you'll look bigger. You just need to trust that the scale weight DOES NOT MATTER unless you are weighing in for something. This is where a guy like Skip really comes in handy--not only does he get you lean faster than you could, he keeps you from becoming an OCD nutjob, sabotaging the whole plan and shooting yourself in the dick. I've been an idiot dieting before, and it is night and day when you have a really good prep guy doing your diet, even if you don't plan on competing in bodybuilding.

Comment

I'm one of the other guys who has been a part of the experiment. Have you had some periods where your BW stalled? I know I have, but I was leaning out over the course of those weeks while I wasn't dropping weight. I have only dieted for an extended period 6-7 times, but I haven't held onto size like I have with this diet.

I'm not quite sure if I've gained any new muscle or if I've simply lost only fat throughout the process. I haven't dropped any arm size, which I normally do during a diet. I feel my size and mass has been the same since the beginning of the experiment.
            2010 NPC Northern Kentucky: Middleweight 3rd
            2011 INBF Dayton Tri-State: Light-Heavy 3rd
            Plans
            2013 INBF Buckeye Classic April: Light-Heavy 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Time&Patience View Post
              I'm one of the other guys who has been a part of the experiment. Have you had some periods where your BW stalled? I know I have, but I was leaning out over the course of those weeks while I wasn't dropping weight. I have only dieted for an extended period 6-7 times, but I haven't held onto size like I have with this diet.

I'm not quite sure if I've gained any new muscle or if I've simply lost only fat throughout the process. I haven't dropped any arm size, which I normally do during a diet. I feel my size and mass has been the same since the beginning of the experiment.
              Yeah, I have had those times. And I don't think I have dropped any size either, which is pretty good natty, IMO, especially since I started out the experiment a lot less lean than I would have liked and I am going to finish it (presumably) plenty lean to start a mass phase. Also, it got me the leanest I've ever been, and my strength hasn't really suffered. Didn't really lose any on the experiment, had lost some previously and I think I gained a bit back.

Comment

Working...
              X