Shaky and light headed after cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaky and light headed after cardio

Two times this week I have been really shaky, light headed, and kinda dizzy feeling after my am fasted cardio session. I am only doing 20 mins and have been keeping hr between 140-150. First time I didn't think anything of it but now 2 days later same thing happened again. Any ideas what would be making me feel this way? Should I try backing off the intensity and just keep hr around 120-130?
    6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
    1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Low blood sugar.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
      Low blood sugar.
      ^^^This ^^^
      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Taking any yohimbine pre-cardio?
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Would I be better to eat a little something before starting or does that defeat the point of fasted cardio? Or would just adding some dextrose to my water I drink during cardio keep this from happening? Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I am clueless on how long it takes for something eaten to impact blood sugar levels.

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
            Taking any yohimbine pre-cardio?
            I have been taking 5mgs before my afternoon cardio but have never taken any in the morning.

Comment

When are you doing your cardio ? What are you eating before and after ?

Data data data.

But like Sammich said low-blood sugar is the most likely answer.
              "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by LKQSJH View Post
                Would I be better to eat a little something before starting or does that defeat the point of fasted cardio? Or would just adding some dextrose to my water I drink during cardio keep this from happening? Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I am clueless on how long it takes for something eaten to impact blood sugar levels.
                Fasted cardio in the morning is LOW-INTENSITY. I used a threadmill at 2.5 mph with no incline. From your posts I judge you're using the same intensity for both morning cardio and your afternoon cardio ?

You just want a boost in your metabolism, this is what will cause fat loss. Fat loss does not happen during the act of cardio but throughout the day.

With this in mind I suggest after or during cardio you sip a gatorate or powerade ( the pre-mixed ones with 15g of carbs per bottle, not the powder version ) with a little BCAAs thrown in if you keep experiencing this.

Also try to avoid stimulants before morning cardio, most will jack up your heart rate and cause similar effects to what you're experiencing.
                "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                  Fasted cardio in the morning is LOW-INTENSITY. I used a threadmill at 2.5 mph with no incline. From your posts I judge you're using the same intensity for both morning cardio and your afternoon cardio ?

You just want a boost in your metabolism, this is what will cause fat loss. Fat loss does not happen during the act of cardio but throughout the day.

With this in mind I suggest after or during cardio you sip a gatorate or powerade ( the pre-mixed ones with 15g of carbs per bottle, not the powder version ) with a little BCAAs thrown in if you keep experiencing this.

Also try to avoid stimulants before morning cardio, most will jack up your heart rate and cause similar effects to what you're experiencing.
                  For my am cardio I am on the elliptical within 10 mins of rolling out of bed. I don't have anything to eat or drink before starting, no stims or supps. I have a protein shake about 30 mins after am cardio but haven't been taking in any carbs until after my pm cardio session. For am cardio i have been starting at a harder resistance level to get my heart rate up fast and then backing off on resistance and upping speed to just keep it steady once the desired hr is reached.

When I do pm cardio I use a recumbent bike and just keep the resistance the same. Takes longer to get hr up but the session is twice as long. I would say intensity is higher on the am session.

Will pick up some Gatorade today and give that a try instead of just water.

Comment

Working...
                  X