Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skiploading Q; How many carbs during the week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAHD
    replied
    Thanks for the replies.

I started about 8 weeks ago losing weight and it went well for the first 6 and then has stalled. I was doing 200g of on workout days and 100g of carbs on non-workout days. I chose these numbers based on them being a bit less than my previous intakes but nothing severe.

I have not upped my cardio since starting, that being 4 ihr walks a week. I was tossing up putting in either propper cardio or dropping some more carbs or both, hence the question.

I am not training for a comp or anything, just want to get lean again, been a while since the abbs showed.

Leave a comment:

• Time&Patience
    replied
    Originally posted by SAHD View Post
    I have watched the Vid several times and read as many threads as I can but can't seem to find even a rough guide as to how many carbs to consume on weekdays.
    In the video Skip stated something along these lines:

I don't care what your diet is during the week; as long as it's geared towards a calorie total that will have you dropping BW/fat over the course of the diet.

It's so individual to the person dieting. He even talked about working with guys that follow a strict keto diet, a moderate carb and fat diet, etc.

Skiploading is a specific protocol that is a tool that can be implemented into any diet.

Skiploading can even be utilized during an off-season mass gaining diet.

The idea of the Skipload is to load as many processed carbs as you can during your time-frame and day that you have planned. The carbs don't have to be 0% fat, but it also doesn't mean "let it fly" with regards to eating anything and everything.

I've been utilizing Skiploading for over 2 months with varied carb intakes throughout the week. I just make sure that I eat as many carbs as I need to on my given Skipload window.

Leave a comment:

• melkor1
    replied
    I think they left it out as its so individual. However, not skips opinion, but John Meadows recommends about 1g per lb of bodyweight, with around 75% pre/peri/post workout. Hope this is helpful.

Leave a comment:

• SAHD
    started a topic Skiploading Q; How many carbs during the week.

Skiploading Q; How many carbs during the week.

If this is sensitive question then please ignore or delete.

I have watched the Vid several times and read as many threads as I can but can't seem to find even a rough guide as to how many carbs to consume on weekdays.

Stats: 36yrs old, 5foot 8inch, 230lbs (want to lose about 20lbs)
    Doing as close to DC as I can muster due to shift work. ie 3 days a week training.

Some of the old threads are saying 50-70grams around workout. Can't really find any other information.

What I would like to know is roughly how many grams of carbs I should be having on workout and non workout days?

Pro on Workout days is about 260g and Fat 30
    On non-workout days pro has been about 220 and fat 70 (these amounts are measured)
Working...
X