Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skiploading Q; How many carbs during the week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiploading Q; How many carbs during the week.

If this is sensitive question then please ignore or delete.

I have watched the Vid several times and read as many threads as I can but can't seem to find even a rough guide as to how many carbs to consume on weekdays.

Stats: 36yrs old, 5foot 8inch, 230lbs (want to lose about 20lbs)
    Doing as close to DC as I can muster due to shift work. ie 3 days a week training.

Some of the old threads are saying 50-70grams around workout. Can't really find any other information.

What I would like to know is roughly how many grams of carbs I should be having on workout and non workout days?

Pro on Workout days is about 260g and Fat 30
    On non-workout days pro has been about 220 and fat 70 (these amounts are measured)
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

I think they left it out as its so individual. However, not skips opinion, but John Meadows recommends about 1g per lb of bodyweight, with around 75% pre/peri/post workout. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
      I have watched the Vid several times and read as many threads as I can but can't seem to find even a rough guide as to how many carbs to consume on weekdays.
      In the video Skip stated something along these lines:

I don't care what your diet is during the week; as long as it's geared towards a calorie total that will have you dropping BW/fat over the course of the diet.

It's so individual to the person dieting. He even talked about working with guys that follow a strict keto diet, a moderate carb and fat diet, etc.

Skiploading is a specific protocol that is a tool that can be implemented into any diet.

Skiploading can even be utilized during an off-season mass gaining diet.

The idea of the Skipload is to load as many processed carbs as you can during your time-frame and day that you have planned. The carbs don't have to be 0% fat, but it also doesn't mean "let it fly" with regards to eating anything and everything.

I've been utilizing Skiploading for over 2 months with varied carb intakes throughout the week. I just make sure that I eat as many carbs as I need to on my given Skipload window.
      2010 NPC Northern Kentucky: Middleweight 3rd
      2011 INBF Dayton Tri-State: Light-Heavy 3rd
      Plans
      2013 INBF Buckeye Classic April: Light-Heavy 1st

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I started about 8 weeks ago losing weight and it went well for the first 6 and then has stalled. I was doing 200g of on workout days and 100g of carbs on non-workout days. I chose these numbers based on them being a bit less than my previous intakes but nothing severe.

I have not upped my cardio since starting, that being 4 ihr walks a week. I was tossing up putting in either propper cardio or dropping some more carbs or both, hence the question.

I am not training for a comp or anything, just want to get lean again, been a while since the abbs showed.
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

Working...
        X