Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirtyJohnson
    replied
    I use this blue heat with sleeves when it gets bad.

I also use these bandit and they help as well.

I will use the kwan loong oil at times as well

Leave a comment:

• Kidrok (Hop)
    replied
    I keep the roll-on right in my gym bag. No mess, no fuss. I put it on elbows and knees before I train.

Leave a comment:

• dakoose
    replied
    Kidrok- Thanks for the input. I quickly looked at the site for biofreeze......which product do you like best, the roll on or the cream? There's a place that sells it right by my place so I'm gonna go and get some later. Also, is this something you only use after the onset of some elbow pain or do you use it for injury prevention as well?

LG1- Those links don't work properly, at least on my computer. They lead to youtube but there's no video there to be watched.

And for anyone......any thoughts on some other exercises that don't tend to irritate the elbow for upper body? Pressing is more than likely out of the equation but any ideas would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• LG1
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_sMk...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv3T4...e_gdata_player

Leave a comment:

• LG1
    replied
    D, I am also a huge fan of the bio-freeze and elbow sleeves. The Kwon Long oil also helps out as does icing.

Leave a comment:

• Kidrok (Hop)
    replied
    Yes, golfers elbow. Had it many times and it is common for weightlifters. I've never really found a magic cure. It takes time and sometimes a complete layoff. However I've had good luck if I catch it early enough with simply working around it, using exercises that cause minimal pain and by keeping the elbow warm before and during training. i do this by putting on bio-freeze and wearing elbow sleeves.

Leave a comment:

• dakoose
    started a topic Elbow pain.

Elbow pain.

So, I've been having some trouble with my elbow for the last week and a half or so. It's on the inner portion of my elbow and if I hold out my (left) arm with an overhand position, make a fist and then rotate my arm so my my thumb is moving downwards, i.e. pronate it, there's a shooting pain from the mid portion of my forearm right up into the elbow area. There's some minor pain when I supinate it, but it's worse when I pronate it.

I'm not sure what it is.....from some of my reading it sounds like golfer's elbow/medial epicondylitis, but I'm not sure. I'm sure some of the lifter's here have had some experience with this injury; any input on best recovery approach and how long I should be out of it?

Also, I can still squat, do some strapped deadlifting and even some machine pullovers, machine lateral raises and a few other exercises without pain. But the bread and butter upper body exercises are out of the equation for now.

I've wrapped my elbow with an ace bandage for about a week now and it hasn't made much progress, at best it's gotten a bit better. But at the same time....I did Tough Mudder this past Sunday so that may have delayed the recovery a little bit :first:

I had Wrist Tendonitis a few years back and my Ortho gave me some Voltaren cream which helped out immensely, so I ordered a tube of that cream but it will take another week to get to me. I have insurance and can go see him again but I'm extremely busy these next few weeks and don't have the time to see him during business hours.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by dakoose; 09-11-2012, 10:38 AM.
Working...
X