Weightlifting belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weightlifting belt

How many of you guys use one and how often?

I pretty much use a belt on squats and heavy rows. Sometimes I deadlift with it too but sometimes I feel it hurts more than helps.

I am just going to start using one again with BB Back Squats. Otherwise, I avoid it and would rather go a little lighter and focus on a getting a deep contraction with a slow negative than risk going heavy and overloading myself to the point it is counterproductive. Not saying you can't do that with a belt, but I tend to overestimate myself with a belt and go too heavy and end up cutting a rep or two a little short or bounce the weight.

I pulled my back once trying to be He-Man on rack deadlifts and I learned my lesson
    Last edited by mentalflex; 09-06-2012, 10:19 AM.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

No belt here anymore....strict slow form;-)

Past years i relyed on it...got injured .

I am always learning more !
      [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
      Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyBeast05 View Post
        How many of you guys use one and how often?

I pretty much use a belt on squats and heavy rows. Sometimes I deadlift with it too but sometimes I feel it hurts more than helps.
        In general I use my belt on squats over ~400lbs and deadlifts over ~500lbs.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
        2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
        2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
        2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
        2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

I use a belt on all my work sets of Squats and deads. And sometimes SOHP.

Comment

I used to use a super thin old school belt, which really offered no support...i switched to an Inzer 10mm belt and it is great...having low back issues, it has helped a ton. I wear it doing squats, deads or when my low back starts to give me issues on other lifts.
            2005 HOA Natural Classic
            2006 OCB Midwest
            2007 ABA Natural Illinois
            2008 HOA Natural Classic
            NPC Mid-Illinois
            NPC Midwest Open
            NPC Natural Grand Prix
            2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
            USPA Illinois State
            NGA Heart of America
            NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

I use one during working sets on deads, squats, bent over rows, and t-bars, etc... Once I get over 4 plates on squats or deads, it goes on for sure. Never had problems with using one and like the fact that it keeps my abs from distending.
              "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
                No belt here anymore....strict slow form;-)

How does using a belt or not effect how good your form is?
                Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Never used one.
                  PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Only on squats after warmup sets and sometimes with heavy sets of DL, depends on how I feel that day.
                    -KidRok-
                    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

squats, deads, BB OHP and rows for me...
                      Last edited by LG1; 09-06-2012, 02:45 PM.
                      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Belt helps with squats, absolutely necessary even with light weight for good mornings, hate it and don't use one for deadlifting variations. I also find it restrictive for bent over rows, so I don't use one (although I do find it helps a little bit).

Comment

only for rows.

Comment

Squats over 3 plates, deads over 4 plates. Some times BB rows but I haven't been hitting then recently. SOHP I use a smaller typical leather belt. I also use my belt with the sled pulls when my grip goes.

Comment

I use it for most of exercises I do, especially when getting ready for competitions and using big weights. I've got one belt for competitions and another one for training.
                              All of these three terms "good", "better", "the best" are far from God. He stands above all them.

Comment

Working...
                              X