Skip's EXPERIMENT: T&P's Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip's EXPERIMENT: T&P's Progress

I decided I wanted to post up some progress I've made with Skip since working with him during his recent "experiment."

In early July I started at a BW of nearly 200, and after 8 weeks I'm at a BW of 187.

Thus far I’m thrilled with the progress, and the potential. I’m not nearly lean enough to step onto a stage at this point, but in comparison to previous diets I’ve been able to keep my muscle mass (specifically in my arms and chest) while losing fat. I always have difficulty with my arms ‘shrinking’ after 6 weeks of dieting.

On average, I’ve gained 2-2.5 pounds per 4 hours of a Skipload. I was adding about 4-5 pounds during an 8-hour window, and adding 6-7 pounds during a 12-hour window. I’ve found that it does take more time for my body to hit the pre-Skipload BW; at least 5 days to hit baseline, and lately I haven’t hit baseline until the next Skipload.

One thing that’s came up over the past 2 weeks is that I haven’t lost any weight, but I’ve leaned out. This is when I started to wonder what I had been doing wrong, so I had to tell Skip “I don’t know what the hell is going on!” I'm used to dropping weight with each week, but 2 weeks of no BW drop yet getting leaner has been interesting. I definitely chalk that up to the protocol Skip sets out, and those damn Skiploads, gotta love 'em.

When it comes to training, I've had the energy to power through any workout. I have been able to stick with the same or a comparable working weight on all pressing movements. My pulling strength hasn't decreased a bit; pulling 455+ for multiple reps and sets. I'm weakening or stalling on certain movements now.

I’ve always loved his simplistic way of detailing his information; just like you see in the “Longevity” video. It’s beneficial when dieting; getting the info. in a simple way that creates one less hurdle to manage. He has kept his outline simple to follow from the beginning, and it’s been easy to make the adjustments, exchange information and receive feedback with Skip.

I know some guys adhere to Skiploading, some have tried it yet failed, and some that just haven’t simply given it a shot. I finally gave in and tried it and am excited that I did, as I know I have a better dieting “tool” with Skip’s methods.

It’s been very productive, and working with Skip has shown me how much more successful the dieting process could be. Gotta say, I do wonder what I could achieve working with him on a regular basis.

If you haven't truly gave it your best shot, I'd say that you will really want to look into it. It's been a great tool to diet down with, regardless of doing a contest or not.

Well, that's my experience. Any others have noteworthy results from their experience with Skip?
    Last edited by Time&Patience; 09-05-2012, 09:53 PM.
    2010 NPC Northern Kentucky: Middleweight 3rd
    2011 INBF Dayton Tri-State: Light-Heavy 3rd
    Plans
    2013 INBF Buckeye Classic April: Light-Heavy 1st

I have over 3 weeks left to see what progress we can make. I'm looking forward to see what can be done.

Here are some pics to show the progress.
    1st pic is from July 1st
    2nd pic is from July 30th
    3rd pic is from September 2nd
    Attached Files
    Plans

Comment

Great progress. How much weight total do you gain on your load days? Or do you just skip load for 4 hours?

Comment

I started working with Skip in 2009 and I would never diet any other way. I certainly know my limitations, and for me, knowing all I need to do is get thru 6 days of strict dieting and then I can "let me hair down" per se, is the main selling point for me. The first few weeks of working with Skip I got no load and I was going nuts....After he installed it in my plan, I've never had an issue of falling off and cheating, so for me, the Skipload is worth its weight in gold....

FWIW, in 2009 I went to Skip after a back injury had me at a very "untrained" 234lbs, with very little leftover muscle on my frame from previous years of training and being close to 270, fairly lean. We got me down to a very stringy 210 or so, but fairly lean, naturally....

Then designed an offseason with him and over a couple years hit about 260 with respectable bodyfat. Competed last month after he did my prep and was pretty darn lean at about 220, and now I'm sitting at almost 250.....

All in all he has changed my way of thinking about diets and nutrition....
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Excellent progress, your results are very very obvious. Nice job.

Lost 60# working with Skip thus far, hope to lose another 25-30.
          You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Originally posted by berryswole22 View Post
            Great progress. How much weight total do you gain on your load days? Or do you just skip load for 4 hours?
            Originally posted by Time&Patience View Post
            On average, I’ve gained 2-2.5 pounds per 4 hours of a Skipload. I was adding about 4-5 pounds during an 8-hour window, or adding 6-7 pounds during a 12-hour window.
            I've been trying to do what I can to keep track of my changes and progress with the program. I've noticed that since I upped the Skipload from 8-12, that I gain about 2-2.5 pounds extra per load.

An 8-hour load nets me about a 5 pound gain by the next morning.

A 12-hour load nets me about a 6-7 pound gain by the next morning. Obviously, there's more weight gain due to eatting another meal or 2.

I'd suspect that if I had a larger loading period then I'd gain another 2 pounds or so.

Steel,

You are one person that stands out to me for knowing who has worked with Skip. I know you've been happy with the results from what I could gather.

Question, how long does it take for others to shed the bloat through the week to hit baseline?

It's been taking me the whole week. Now that I'm leaner I can definitely see the benefits of being "full" after a Skipload for the next few days. I'm not quite as 'sharp,' but I still look damn good.

I've been curious how you should time a Skipload with stepping on stage for your peak condition? That's an area that is murky for me.

I'll be searching the forums for that answer.
            Last edited by Time&Patience; 09-05-2012, 09:48 PM.
            Plans

Comment

I've been trying to do what I can to keep track of my changes and progress with the program. I've noticed that since I upped the Skipload from 8-12, that I gain about 2-2.5 pounds extra per load.

An 8-hour load nets me about a 5 pound gain by the next morning.

A 12-hour load nets me about a 6-7 pound gain by the next morning. Obviously, there's more weight gain due to eatting another meal or 2.

I'd suspect that if I had a larger loading period then I'd gain another 2 pounds or so.

Steel,

You are one person that stands out to me for knowing who has worked with Skip. I know you've been happy with the results from what I could gather.

Question, how long does it take for others to shed the bloat through the week to hit baseline?

It's been taking me the whole week. Now that I'm leaner I can definitely see the benefits of being "full" after a Skipload for the next few days. I'm not quite as 'sharp,' but I still look damn good.

I've been curious how you should time a Skipload with stepping on stage for your peak condition? That's an area that is murky for me.

I'll be searching the forums for that answer.

Been training and dieting under Skips eye now for 15 weeks, so far have dropped 44lbs from 270 down to 226 at last Sundays baseline. At about 13% BF now. Have been at 12 hour refeeds now for about 4 weeks and I am very similar to you, 8 hours was 4-5lb gain and 12 hours is pretty much 6.5lbs every week. Don't hit previous weeks baseline till about Saturday morning and lose 1-2lbs on Saturday. Stressed at first about this "late" run at baseline, but I look back at midweek numbers from 4 weeks ago being 235 v 227-8 now and this confirms the gradual weight loss. PLUS my strength is still increasing from all fats in meal and massive glycogen surge from Sundays.

I am sure there are other ways to drop weight and maintain strength that involve living a spartan mentality, but why would you, when you can refeed on glorious carbs weekly, get stronger and have a lot more fun than the traditional pre contest prep protocol by training with Skip.

Great progress BTW T and P, want to get some photos and post up some of my own progress.
              "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything..."

On board TEAM SKIP

Comment

Awesome progress T & P! You look much leaner and more muscular.

Are you doing one of Skip's True Experimental protocols are are you just experimenting with Skiploading?

Although I have my thing going on with Scott and we have a pretty damn good grasp on what works for me, I always love learning about new approaches and techniques. Especially stuff as interesting as Skip's methods, which are pretty non-conventional but work extraordinarily well.
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                  Awesome progress T & P! You look much leaner and more muscular.

Are you doing one of Skip's True Experimental protocols are are you just experimenting with Skiploading?

Although I have my thing going on with Scott and we have a pretty damn good grasp on what works for me, I always love learning about new approaches and techniques. Especially stuff as interesting as Skip's methods, which are pretty non-conventional but work extraordinarily well.
                  Thanks MentalFlex. I look back at the beginning photos and realize that's no where what I'd like to look like daily. I'd love to keep the BF% that I am currently at right now on a regular basis.

I am actually working with Skip during one of his Summer Experiments. He asked for some people in late June and I decided to join. I told myself, "if I learn one positive thing, then it will be worth it."

Thus far, I've learned that Skiploading is an excellent protocol for me to use. I haven't used it towards a contest prep, but I definitely will.

I'm very intrigued to play around with different ideas with the Skiploading, such as when I'm eating to gain while using Skiploading.

I think that loading up on the carbs once a week does wonders. My body seems to store the glycogen very well and it makes my entire week more effective and it's very easy to stay the course for the next days of dieting. I've been dieting for nearly 9 weeks and haven't had an urge to go off course at all.

I believe Skip has introduced a few new strategies on how to approach dieting with this experiment. It had me dropping a good portion of my BW out of the gates, then it has tapered off, but I have been getting leaner while not losing much BW.

It's a method that's worth exploring that's for sure. I do love people that like to go against "the grain" with their thinking. It's encouraged me to try a few tweaks to how I approach Skiploading in the future.
                  Plans

Comment

Thanks MentalFlex. I look back at the beginning photos and realize that's no where what I'd like to look like daily. I'd love to keep the BF% that I am currently at right now on a regular basis.

I am actually working with Skip during one of his Summer Experiments. He asked for some people in late June and I decided to join. I told myself, "if I learn one positive thing, then it will be worth it."

Thus far, I've learned that Skiploading is an excellent protocol for me to use. I haven't used it towards a contest prep, but I definitely will.

I'm very intrigued to play around with different ideas with the Skiploading, such as when I'm eating to gain while using Skiploading.

I think that loading up on the carbs once a week does wonders. My body seems to store the glycogen very well and it makes my entire week more effective and it's very easy to stay the course for the next days of dieting. I've been dieting for nearly 9 weeks and haven't had an urge to go off course at all.

I believe Skip has introduced a few new strategies on how to approach dieting with this experiment. It had me dropping a good portion of my BW out of the gates, then it has tapered off, but I have been getting leaner while not losing much BW.

It's a method that's worth exploring that's for sure. I do love people that like to go against "the grain" with their thinking. It's encouraged me to try a few tweaks to how I approach Skiploading in the future.
                    After hearing your experience, I am looking froward to hearing what Skip says about the entire experiment in terms of new strategies and lessons learned.

Keep killing it for the next couple of week!
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Great work.

Interested for skip to unveil the experiment
                      [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                      Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

T&P -

Without revealing propriatry info from working with Skip, what sort of cardio are you doing? Frequency? How about training? Thanks.

Comment

Am I missing something here? What is the experiment? Or is this just skiploading?

Regardless, really good progress!!
                          Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas429 View Post
                            T&P -

Without revealing propriatry info from working with Skip, what sort of cardio are you doing? Frequency? How about training? Thanks.
                            Skip stated that training was up to me, and was a separate variable from what we'd be working on. I have been training with low volume (2-5 sets per bodypart. i.e. less sets for smaller bodyparts). I've been on my own variation of a 2 way split, with straight sets, and reps varying from workout to workout.

Cardio is being done each week, but Skip and I have made some changes for me, in order to coerce some additional drop in BW as I haven't lost any BW for a few weeks.

I do believe Skip was trying out a few different approaches to "dieting" down, but he'll be the authority on that topic.

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                            Am I missing something here? What is the experiment? Or is this just skiploading?

Regardless, really good progress!!
                            Dakoose,

I can't speak with 100% certainty that this experiment has brought about anything new or not. I know Skip's developed and detailed his Skiploading protocols before. I am giving that method (obviously not a new method) praise with my original post. I'm not sure how many people have tried it, or given a true shot. This was my 1st time running w/Skiploading and it's worked out tremendously for me, and I know it has for others as well.

I can drop BF @ a quick rate, but I tend to lose more muscle than I'd prefer. Through the course of this experiment, while adding Skiploading, the majority of weight lost is mostly fat from what I can gather. I have liked the Skiploading so much, I wanted to bring that point up, but I do believe there are some other methods Skip might introduce in the future.

Now are there actual changes to Skip's methods: I am not quite sure?

I do believe Skip has added a slight modification to his Skiploading protocols, but I'm still new to Skiploading as a whole and what they consist of (learned mostly the Longevity DVD and the thread of Skip-approved Skipload foods).

I know there are 2 more weeks to go, so I'm not sure if Skip likes the results he has had with others so far or not in order to divulge anything as "NEW" or not to his normal protocols.

He'll be the one to determine if the experiment was worthy or not.
                            Last edited by Time&Patience; 09-17-2012, 03:15 PM.
                            Plans

Comment

Ive been working with Skip for over a year and i can tell ou that i too have experienced not losing "weight" but have leaned out WHEN I LISTEN AND DO WHAT HE SAYS TO DO. If you're getting leaner, but not dropping weight, thats awesome and is perfectly plausible. Everyone has a unique baseline. I tend to hit baseline friday or saturday, but again thats me. Let him do the thinking for you and you wont be dissapointed, trust me. The longer you work with Skip, the better the process because he'll become more and more familiar with your body and how it responds to diet/training. Some people like to torture themselves for 12 weeks on a diet and wind up burnt out. In my experience, the longer the diet,to an extent of course, the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X