Barbell complexes, where do they fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbell complexes, where do they fit

I absolutely hate cardio, low impact steady state is basically my least favorite thing to do. I have a tweaky knee so running often is not a good idea so I play b-ball (my preferred method) maybe once a week. Anyways, I did a sort of WOD type thing a while ago on the weekends (day off) but I'm sure it was too much volume. I want to start doing barbell complexes or something similar as my conditioning.
    Where would you put this in on 5/3/1 (I run it 3/5/1), on a straight volume program (doing it for a few more weeks and see where my knee is). Also, does anybody have any good sites or know of good complexes/WODs that won't kill my strength too much.

Personally I would do it on your 1 day unless you think you would have the energy to do it on some other day.

I like the idea of doing at the end of the week as a "finisher".

Never tried it before, but I feel like just using all the olympic style lifts would be best. So like, deads > clean > front squats > push press, etc.

I hope I was helpful.

Barbatron

Comment

Originally posted by Barbatron View Post
      Personally I would do it on your 1 day unless you think you would have the energy to do it on some other day.

I like the idea of doing at the end of the week as a "finisher".

Never tried it before, but I feel like just using all the olympic style lifts would be best. So like, deads > clean > front squats > push press, etc.

I hope I was helpful.

Barbatron
      Good, I've done it before where I snatched, cleaned, clean and jerked. I like the pulls idea a bit more. Also like the idea of using them at the end of the week.

Comment

Working...
      X