Dropping some fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping some fat

I am going on vacation the first week in October and would like to lean out some before then. I count my calories and currently do 3-4 30 min liss cardio sessions a week. Over the last month I have averaged 3833 cals a day (370p/272c/132f). Weight has stayed pretty much the same so I'm going to call that my maintenance.

Looking for suggestions on what you would do if you had 4 weeks to shed some fat. How many calories would you drop and what macros? Add in more cardio? Add a fat burner?

The other side is I am currently around 15%bf. Am I wasting my time trying to do this for such a short time? I don't expect to look like I am ready to step on stage in 4 weeks but I would like to achieve noticeable results.
    6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
    1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Originally posted by LKQSJH View Post
    I am going on vacation the first week in October and would like to lean out some before then. I count my calories and currently do 3-4 30 min liss cardio sessions a week. Over the last month I have averaged 3833 cals a day (370p/272c/132f). Weight has stayed pretty much the same so I'm going to call that my maintenance.

Looking for suggestions on what you would do if you had 4 weeks to shed some fat. How many calories would you drop and what macros? Add in more cardio? Add a fat burner?

The other side is I am currently around 15%bf. Am I wasting my time trying to do this for such a short time? I don't expect to look like I am ready to step on stage in 4 weeks but I would like to achieve noticeable results.
    Do you have a current picture?...

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
      Do you have a current picture?...

-S
      I will get one tonight. Is there a dummy's guide to posting pics on here? I see the tab at bottom that says manage attachments but I guess the pics on my phone are the wrong file type. Will try again from my pc when I get home.

Comment

What's ur stats.. 3900 cals seems like a high maintnance. I'll leave the diet advice to the experts but one thought would be doing a no carb/KETO diet for 5 weeks. 5 weeks is a short amount of time to drop bf without losing tons of muscle. Atleast a KETO will give you the APPEARANCE of being leaner which in ur cse is all u really care about. After the vacation u can sit down and put together a long term plan

Comment

Originally posted by LKQSJH View Post
          I will get one tonight. Is there a dummy's guide to posting pics on here? I see the tab at bottom that says manage attachments but I guess the pics on my phone are the wrong file type. Will try again from my pc when I get home.
          Attachment Key
          Filetype Max Filesize Max Width Max Height
          bmp 122.1 KB - -
          gif 2.00 MB - -
          jpeg 195.3 KB - -
          jpg 2.00 MB - -
          png 146.5 KB - -

-S
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Not a great pic but hopefully enough to give you an idea of what i'm working with.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
              What's ur stats.. 3900 cals seems like a high maintnance. I'll leave the diet advice to the experts but one thought would be doing a no carb/KETO diet for 5 weeks. 5 weeks is a short amount of time to drop bf without losing tons of muscle. Atleast a KETO will give you the APPEARANCE of being leaner which in ur cse is all u really care about. After the vacation u can sit down and put together a long term plan
              Not really sure what stats would help but I am 5'6 and currently around 207lbs. I agree that 3900 seems pretty high but I weigh almost everything that I eat so it's pretty accurate. Went back and checked my journal and a month ago I was 207, this morning I was 206.2. I am going to see what other suggestions I get but may give the keto a try.

Comment

Bump for any other suggestions.

Comment

There's no quick fix for being fat. Just start dieting down. Don't try and do it fast or you will regret it. Drop your caloric intake steadily, find out what macros work for you and start doing cardio. I wouldn't recommend starting with a ketogenic diet, it may be viable for you after trial and error of other methods though.
                  :preach:

Comment

Bumping this thread back up. I never got as lean as I hoped to last year but I just ran out of time. After the vacation I went back to eating normal and cut the cardio back to 3-4 times a week and added some of the fat back.

My question is how far out should I start cutting this time? I am a little leaner than I was in the other pic posted but not much. Def not any fatter though. Memorial day is about 19 weeks out. I want to give myself enough time to be pretty lean by then. I don't intend to be stage ready but would like to be between 10-12%.

Comment

Go with a weight/fat loss of about a pound or two a week and divide that out form your vacation start date. A pound or two should help minimize any major muscle loss.
                      "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                      2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                      2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                      2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                      2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                      2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Working...
                      X