Question About Supps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Supps

Hey guys, I apologize in advance if this question comes off as a dumb one, but I was wondering if leaving supplements for a certain amount of time in water affects it in any way, shape or form. For example, I work out early in the morning, so I normally prepare my preworkout mix (5g TN Creatine, 4g TN Beta, 4g TN Malate and 200mg caffeine) the night prior in a 1.5L bottle of water so I can just grab it in the morning as I leave. Will it lose any value? Also any advice/tips on my preworkout mix are appreciated. Is there anything to add or take away? Dosages, anything... Thanks again.

I'm hoping one of the resident scientists can validate this but I have read that at room temperature and a low pH (3.6) it would take about 8 hours for creatine to degrade just 1% into creatinine (byproduct) and even longer time at a higher pH.

I have also read the creatinine is what tends to cause the creatine bloat some people experience. If this is true, and you are not getting bloated or having any GI issues from your pre-workout mix then it is not likely being converted to creatinine at any significant level.

Again, these are just things I've read in passing, so I'm hoping someone who has the scientific background can provide some validation...
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Does it really take that long to mix it in the morning (2 min. tops)? Maybe mix it in a baggie and pour it into your water in the morning on your way out the door.
      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
        Does it really take that long to mix it in the morning (2 min. tops)? Maybe mix it in a baggie and pour it into your water in the morning on your way out the door.
        ....and problem solved lol
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

They even have a little plastic gizmo what looks like a shaker lid. The large opening screws off and you can mix your powders, then when your read to mix it with water you unscrew the top part, put that on top of an open bottled water or other container and it pours out. Here are some things I found:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...809/easygo-pro

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bb...dispenser.html

There are several others out there, but this is what I could find quickly.
          1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
          2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
          2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
          2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
          2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
          2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
          Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Why not just put the powder In a shaker bottle the night before. When your walking out the door just run it under the sink and fill it up. As ur driving shake it and drink?

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
              Why not just put the powder In a shaker bottle the night before. When your walking out the door just run it under the sink and fill it up. As ur driving shake it and drink?
              Seriously guys, it's just this ^ simple.

Comment

Take creatine mono pills and stop wasting your money on the other shit, problem solved.
                :preach:

Comment

Ding ding ding ding ding!!!! AND, we have a winner!!! lol. Really, is it that hard? I preload ALL my shakes for the day in my shaker cups in the morning. Doing a little experiment with Humapro at the moment, but with my pro/oat shakes, I would throw it in there, put on the lid, crack the top so it doesn't get musty, and you're done....
                  STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Keep in mind if your using a whey protein WASH THE BOTTLE IMMEDIATLY!! nothing is worse then a musty old shaker bottle smelling like moldy whey.

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                      Ding ding ding ding ding!!!! AND, we have a winner!!! lol. Really, is it that hard? I preload ALL my shakes for the day in my shaker cups in the morning. Doing a little experiment with Humapro at the moment, but with my pro/oat shakes, I would throw it in there, put on the lid, crack the top so it doesn't get musty, and you're done....
                      I load all of mine in those small Tupperware containers; for some reason it really bugs me to put liquid on top of the powder. I have to add my water first. I'm weird that way.
                      You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                        I load all of mine in those small Tupperware containers; for some reason it really bugs me to put liquid on top of the powder. I have to add my water first. I'm weird that way.
                        You're just a weirdo. But sometimes the powder is a bit hard to get into the water by pouring the water on top...I just turn it upside down and tap the bottle....I think it tastes the same....lol
                        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

it really bugs me to put liquid on top of the powder. I have to add my water first. I'm weird that way.
                          You not the only one.
                          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

To me, it just mixes better, when you put the water in first.

Comment

Keep in mind if your using a whey protein WASH THE BOTTLE IMMEDIATLY!! nothing is worse then a musty old shaker bottle smelling like moldy whey.
                              How else am I going to get my probiotics?
                              Max Muscle
                              5020 Katella Ave.
                              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X