Band/Bodyweight Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band/Bodyweight Training

Probably counterintuitive to 99% of what goes on here, but I'm having to change the way I do things, and the pool of knowledge here is deep.

Does anyone have or know of a comprehensive band and bodyweight workout? Experience with such a thing? I'm going to move away from weights completely at this time, but want to try and maintain at least some of what I have.

I've been throwing together some random exercises, but was curious of anyone here had done something like this exclusively.
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Haven't done a strictly band/bodyweight program but there are a lot of great band/bodyweight exercises out there. One way you could approach it is just do a full body workout 3x per week using some of these exercises:

Single leg bodyweight squats
    Glute-ham Raises (will need to find a way to anchor your lower leg)
    Push-ups (different variations)
    Hand-stand Push-ups (using wall for support)
    Bodyweight Tricep Extensions
    Band Tricep Extension
    Pull-ups/Chin-ups
    Inverted Rows
    Band pull-aparts
    Band internal and external rotations
    Lateral raise with bands
    Curls with bands
    Crunches

Plenty available to put together a pretty good program.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Those about sum up what I've been throwing together (minus the GHR). It's such a different way of exercising, I'm simply not sure of the best way to put it together.

3x/week whole body workout, 5 days LISS cardio maybe?

It's more of a mental adjustment for me than anything; I think "well shit, I'm doing pushups, I must need a 150# band to bring me to 4-6 reps". I'm having to adjust my psychological approach more than anything. I don't compute the high rep schemes.
      You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Working...
      X