Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhoads
    replied
    It's interesting you say that because I have cycled before and did use a proper PCT but haven't had recent blood work done. Maybe it is time to get that checked though.

Leave a comment:

• LG1
    replied
    Originally posted by rhoads View Post
    LOL!! Why didn't I find that before....... Okay guys it's cool, apparently i'm the only person who has a hard time waking up in the morning, i'm sorry. Oh and is totally lacking any discipline in my life...... hahaha
    Have you had blood work done recently, wondering if it's a hormonal thing ie. drop in testosterone???

Leave a comment:

• rhoads
    replied
    All good points Macho. Had I been here longer I might have realized that Heckman was probably just being brutally honest. It's a little more serious that I personally would have taken it but i'm not him. I can also see this taking a bad turn if disrespect towards mods and veteran members has been a common occurance lately and if that's the case, I meant no disrespect and certainly had no intension of acting like a knowitall. What a way to begin a membership.........

Leave a comment:

• SkinnyMike42
    replied
    That baby is softening you up Macho =)

Leave a comment:

• Macho Man
    replied
    Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
    Definitely did not specify in this situation, so I am not sure where you are getting your information from. It is not explicitly said and to an unbiased bystander (myself) it is implied that he is speaking about more than "just this situation", so I can see why he reacted the way he did.

Well, I figured my "I am so fucking sick of people" alluded to the fact that this has been a recurring issue I have seen.

To the OP, I apologize for venting on you. You were by no means the sole source of my frustration, yet you got the brunt of it, and that wasn't fair to you. I broke the cardinal rule of posting while upset, I failed to walk away from my computer before hitting send.

Can you do me a favor though, take a step back, re-read the first few posts, specifically posts 6 and 7, as this is where things took a turn for the worse. Do you see how Heckman simply said "this is laughable", yet it seemed to get to you as it aroused a "Pshhh don't talk to me about discipline, you have no freaking clue", "probably shouldn't say stupid garbage when you know nothing about me", and "Being a mod isn't a license to be a freaking Dick!! There's no reason in the world for you to act like so kind of hard ass to prove your high on the food chain."

Leave a comment:

• rhoads
    replied
    Thanks Homonunculus. This has persisted only from the last few months. I have never really had a problem being awake after alarm goes off. Usually I have been able to spring right out of bed and was ready to go, but lately It's been really hard not to hit snooze and sleep a little longer which has effected my training since I haven't gotten up in time for the gym a few times. It hasn't been a huge problem but has been annoying and a hinderance to progress. I am typically going to bed around 10 pm waking up at 5. 7 hours of sleep has always been plenty for me in the past. I stay asleep the entire night I believe, nothing my wife has brought to my attention regarding sleep apnia symptoms. I have no family history of it. I am not taking any medications of any kind. I am 5'11'' 200lbs with about 12% BF. It does feel like a habit that I have developed from repeated offenses of me telling myself "Just 5 more minutes" which realitically leads to like 30. I just found it an interesting read on how to get back to that wide awake after alarm goes off feeling.

Leave a comment:

• homonunculus
    replied
    Rhoads,

How long has this persisted for you? I scanned past a good deal of the argumentative posts, but did notice that you just started back to heavy training.

What time to you go to sleep?...

How often do you wake during the night...

Are you taking any drugs that might affect wakefulness (sleeping meds or otherwise)?... Some meds can also affect the circadian rhythm, as well.

Is it possible that you have sleep apnea?... (Family history?... Large / overly muscular neck?... High BF%?... Tendency towards water retention for any reason?...)

-S

Leave a comment:

• rhoads
    replied
    Thank you mike, that is exactly the type of evidence the own posters are blatently ignoring. i agree that the first post was helpful but I didn't agree that it is just so black and white to be said that it's simply about discipline. I thought it was acceptable to disagree but apparently I was proven wrong. I don't think that anyone looking at this post from an objective view could say that I said anything suggesting sensitivity or lack of humility. I haven't violated any rule of the board where as several "Veteran" members have.

Leave a comment:

• Sammich
    replied
    successful troll is successful

Leave a comment:

• SkinnyMike42
    replied
    Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
    Two things
    2. Again, where did Heck ever say that you had a "total lack of discipline in your life"? He made several references to your lack of discipline in this situation and you blew it out of context and proportion. Him saying that you lack the discipline to get up when your alarm goes off really bothers you that much?
    Definitely did not specify in this situation, so I am not sure where you are getting your information from. It is not explicitly said and to an unbiased bystander (myself) it is implied that he is speaking about more than "just this situation", so I can see why he reacted the way he did.

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
    That is laughable...It has everyhting to do with it and maybe something you lack...and please don't pull the age card..age has nothing to do with it..Its discipline and you either have it or you don't...and it sounds like you don't.
    Wow, pretty impressive! Hard ass, I'm not,But how does your lack of discipline make me a dick?
    Um, sure, ok....my quality advice to you was you lack discipline, hows that? To tough a pill to swallow? could be...saying you lack discipline is flamming you? Please young man, grow up.

But then again, the first post was very constructive and helpful and I actually agree with that...

I've never had a problem getting up. Alarm is set for 2:30am, most mornings I wake up 5-10 minutes before the alarm. I visualize nothing, I just do it. Its about having the discipline to just do it, day in and day out...Nothing tricky about it, for me anyway.

Leave a comment:

• TLopez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Macho Man
    replied
    Wow, that last post totally crossed the line and has shown exactly who has gotten too emotional. Couldn't agree more Skinnymike. In a forum full of knowitalls, there clearly isn't enough room in here for new topics of discussion. Macho, if you didn't like my post, why in the world would you waste your time to write a life story about how badly I bother you. Talk about emotional response. You guys need to take down a freaking notch or two. Also, I seriously doubt you would be so happy to hear from another person that you lack total discipline in your life simply because you posted an article about sleep habits. Nothing either you or ur friend "Wise" old man has said, has been respectful or helpful.
    Two things
    1. I believe I made it clear that while your attitude bothers me, the entirety of my post was not a result of your post, but a culmination of similar attitudes as of late.
    2. Again, where did Heck ever say that you had a "total lack of discipline in your life"? He made several references to your lack of discipline in this situation and you blew it out of context and proportion. Him saying that you lack the discipline to get up when your alarm goes off really bothers you that much?

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    I think people are kinda talking about different things here. I kinda think the OP is talking about "feeling awake"or being "up" and everyone else is talking about just getting out of bed. Sure they are connected but I think that's part of the issue in the thread. My schedule has changed so much over the years it ain't funny. Like many here have I am sure....I have gone the 28 hrs then 3 hrs sleep back for 12 then 8 hrs then...etc... And the people that say "just get up" are basically right. Even when it comes to "feeling awake". Your body will get used to the "shit, gotta wake up" when you make it. You made your body do that for years so its just a matter of making it accept that alarm=awake. Do yourself a favor though and stop giving yourself extra time....I know so many people that do that. They set their alarms a half hour before they HAVE TO get up. It will wake you when it goes off and even if ya hit snooze a bunch of times you won't be getting rested sleep. Wouldn't ya rather set it for when you MUST get up and get that extra 20 mins... Half hour... Or hour sleep?

Peace

Leave a comment:

• rhoads
    replied
    Wow, that last post totally crossed the line and has shown exactly who has gotten too emotional. Couldn't agree more Skinnymike. In a forum full of knowitalls, there clearly isn't enough room in here for new topics of discussion. Macho, if you didn't like my post, why in the world would you waste your time to write a life story about how badly I bother you. Talk about emotional response. You guys need to take down a freaking notch or two. Also, I seriously doubt you would be so happy to hear from another person that you lack total discipline in your life simply because you posted an article about sleep habits. Nothing either you or ur friend "Wise" old man has said, has been respectful or helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Macho Man
    replied
    LOL!! Why didn't I find that before....... Okay guys it's cool, apparently i'm the only person who has a hard time waking up in the morning, i'm sorry. Oh and is totally lacking any discipline in my life...... hahaha
    Yes, that is exactly what Heckman said, you lack discipline in every facet of your life.

Grow up, learn to take constructive criticism, learn that it is quite possible you have some large character flaws like a lack of discipline in certain areas of your life(we all have them, just accept yours), put a roll of paper towel in your twat and come back when you are done bleeding. You are, for whatever reason, overly emotional and got insulted for absolutely no reason, tried to blame everyone and their mom for attacking you, and have shown ZERO respect for the veteran members who went out of the way to help you with the single most insignificant problem ever presented on this board.

Very rarely do I get bothered by people online, but your attitude bothers the fuck out of me. Either put on your big boy britches and engage in whine-free, adult conversations in which both sides might not agree, but that is ok because they do so in a calm, respectful manner, or stay silent.

I am so fucking sick of people coming in here thinking they have the right to piss and moan when they don't get the advice they want, and then act like IM is full of a bunch of assholes who don't listen to people and just attack them for fun. For your information fuckstains, it is a privilege to be a member of this board and to engage in discussions with its members, a god damn privilege. This privilege is earned by being mature, respectful, and having a decent amount of common sense, that's it; not the highest set of required skills if you ask me.

If you are new to this site, have some questions, want to learn a ton, and have the balls to accept the fact that the info you get will
    1. always be given to you with no other intention that to help you as much as possible, and
    2. might not always be what you want to hear, but will always be what you need to hear,
    then this is the place for you. If that doesn't sound like you, I hear that planet fitness is opening up an online community; you might want to check that out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X