Dave Palumbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Palumbo

I was posting in the Dave Henry thread but chose to not switch gears in there. This is my question: Has anyone worked with Palumbo or actually friends with him and know the scoop on why he is so thin and seems like he just keeps dropping weight, namely muscle?

I think he does a great job with the interviews and always seems to cover all the big names, and I realize his profession has changed over the past 5 years or so, but damn! Not that I ever was a fan of his physique, cause he was just very oddly built, but the guy was HUGE and shredded for a long time, and it's just shocking to see him so thin. He almost looks sick to be honest. I know he had legal issues awhile back, so I'm guessing he's GOT to be clean, but I'm curious is he's on TRT or even trains anymore, cause his physique is just a total 180 of what it used to be.....He doesn't look like he could even weigh over 190lbs.....
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

He has willingly downsized...He's on TRT, eats very healthy, and yes still trains. Weighs about 210-215.

He doesn't want to be big anymore, he's looking for longevity and to live a long healthy life.

Comment

If you see him in person he still looks pretty big...and he is absolutely shredded, like contest condition ripped glutes 24-7

Comment

Originally posted by bigoso View Post
        If you see him in person he still looks pretty big...and he is absolutely shredded, like contest condition ripped glutes 24-7
        Yeah, you can tell he's ripped to the bone, I was just thinking that's a lot of muscle to lose. If he does indeed go 210 or so at the same leanness, he's had to lose 70 or more lbs of muscle.....that's crazy.....
        STEEL

Comment

In person he's not small by any means 5'10 210 pound guy with like 6-7%bf is not small lol.

But if you're used to seeing him at 250+ which is what he walked around at 4-5 yrs ago then yea thats a big difference lol

Comment

Take in mind he is genetically a skinny person...take a gander...

Max Muscle
            5020 Katella Ave.
            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sflex View Post
              In person he's not small by any means 5'10 210 pound guy with like 6-7%bf is not small lol.

But if you're used to seeing him at 250+ which is what he walked around at 4-5 yrs ago then yea thats a big difference lol
              That's what I'm saying....he is a FAR cry from being 280 like he used to be, but MOST retired bb'ers don't carry the huge mass like they did while competing. It just looks to me like he is VERY skinny now.....I look at other retired guys and they look much bigger than he does, and they have dropped alot of weight themselves. Although I'm sure they aren't half as lean as he is....
              STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                That's what I'm saying....he is a FAR cry from being 280 like he used to be, but MOST retired bb'ers don't carry the huge mass like they did while competing. It just looks to me like he is VERY skinny now.....I look at other retired guys and they look much bigger than he does, and they have dropped alot of weight themselves. Although I'm sure they aren't half as lean as he is....
                You hit it right on the head with the last sentence... I think if he was 225-230 10-12% bf he would look a lot thicker...but a combination of how clean the man eats and his metabolism makes it impossible for him to get fat..never mind fat i dont think he could get to double digit bf if he tried....lol

In the grand scheme of things once you're done competing and you hit a certain age mid 40's early 50's its time to start bringing the bodyweight down for health reasons.

Comment

I believe, just believe, it was because he was starting to look like Kovacs.

I don't think it's in his interest anymore to be big, his goals simply might have moved from being a monster just enjoying lifting and etc.

I always thought he had a fugly physique. He looks kinda normal now.
                  Attached Files
                  "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Kovacs pic for comparison
                    Attached Files
                    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                      I believe, just believe, it was because he was starting to look like Kovacs.

I don't think it's in his interest anymore to be big, his goals simply might have moved from being a monster just enjoying lifting and etc.

I always thought he had a fugly physique. He looks kinda normal now.
                      This is by far one of the worst pics I ever saw of him. I remember watching a Ntionals show a looong time ago, where he had apparently jumped up about 30lbs in weight from the previous year. Shawn Ray was the emcee and remarked that he wanted to know what he did/took to do that in a year, or something to that effect. He was the biggest guy on stage but his gut was huge.....That ruined his physique if you ask me. It always seemed like in magazine pics he looked great, but onstage he always looked like he swallowed a beach ball....lol. The pic you posted looks as if he had started to lose some of his muscle....I never remember his chest being so weak in that pose.....Or maybe it's cause his guy is so distended...Regardless, I do like the guy and I love the fact that he always gets the interview with the big name guys....Seems to be pretty cool in vids that I've seen him in too....
                      STEEL

Comment

Dave's approach to his personal diet and training is covered over on Rxmuscle.com in as much detail as any BB'ing celebrity I know of: Podcasts, videos, etc. It's a decent part of the material over there and he doesn't seem to be hiding anything about his past injuries, training, TRT, perspective on size, current body weight, etc.

All out in the open and no reason to speculate as the info's either out there or he'd probably be happy to answer it in a thread or even on the Heavy Muscle Radio show where I think he still does and Ask Dave segment and his personal info. is inquired about now and again.

-S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                          Dave's approach to his personal diet and training is covered over on Rxmuscle.com in as much detail as any BB'ing celebrity I know of: Podcasts, videos, etc. It's a decent part of the material over there and he doesn't seem to be hiding anything about his past injuries, training, TRT, perspective on size, current body weight, etc.

All out in the open and no reason to speculate as the info's either out there or he'd probably be happy to answer it in a thread or even on the Heavy Muscle Radio show where I think he still does and Ask Dave segment and his personal info. is inquired about now and again.

-S
                          Does he own RxMuscle?
                          STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                            Does he own RxMuscle?
                            Yes.

-S
                            The Book Has Arrived!
                            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Here is a recent pic of Dave with Martinez. Looks pretty good...
                              Attached Files
                              Enter... The Hypertrophy Chamber!! My journal:
                              http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47472

Comment

Working...
                              X