Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Huh as Bane

Thought this was pretty awesome.

Ahh...I was wondering what would break first...your body...or your deadlift PR.
    Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Ha.. thats awesome. Hmm.. I am loving the Halloween costume idea!
      Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

I'd love to get a mask like that but I'm afraid to order from Amazon, eBay, etc. All the reviews for the masks from those sites are awful.
        Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

I was so let down by that movie

Comment

That's what bane is supposed to look like. It was a decent movie but it felt like it dragged and clearly was not as good as the second one.

It's really tough because our expectations are so high these days.

Comment

If the fat and bacne Tom Hardy Bane already got people scrambling for the gyms to do shrugs and overhead presses, then I imagine the reaction THAT Bane would've cause (probably a bunch of soccer moms yelling "STEROIDS!")

I just wonder why the hell didnt Christopher Nolan get a guy like Huh who's actually swolle (opposite of Hardy's "walking around shrugging all the time") to play the character while Hardy did the voice acting. Shit even a swolle but fat guy like Mike Ruggiera would've looked better as Bane than Hardy. It would still be an awesome movie considering playing Bane isn't really that hard except for the voice ( standing on top of vehicles and breaking people's necks, that's it).

And yes, I wish I had been casted as Bane. I even got acting lessons. With my mirror. I practised it with my mom on the phone and she told me I was the best Bane ever, so I must be right because my mom said so! lolol
              Last edited by 0001Delta; 08-21-2012, 09:31 AM.
              "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

There are plenty of huge pro wrestlers with decent acting skills who could of played him. Weird casting.
                PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                  I just wonder why the hell didnt Christopher Nolan get a guy like Huh who's actually swolle (opposite of Hardy's "walking around shrugging all the time") to play the character while Hardy did the voice acting.
                  I wondered that as well.....they didn't need a special actor for this role; just a big dude to bust people open.

And I'll disagree with some of you and say that I thought the movie was great.
                  Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                    There are plenty of huge pro wrestlers with decent acting skills who could of played him. Weird casting.
                    Nolan had worked with Hardy in a couple of other movies.

I think he's that kind of director that always tries to cast/work with the the same group actors if he has a choice.

Like Tarantino.
                    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Umm, let's see 5'9" Bane vs. 6' Batman.

Also, the Bane played by big huge cartoonish looking bodybuilder has been done before. Remember "Batman and Robin" anyone? I think we all know how that turned out.

I personally like the way the part was portrayed. It did not require as much as of a suspension of belief. Because honestly, how much time does a supervillian really possess to go to the gym for a training session or get their protein in?

"I am Gotham's reckoning! Erm, well as soon as I have my chicken breast and rice."
                      FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                      If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
                        Umm, let's see 5'9" Bane vs. 6' Batman.

Also, the Bane played by big huge cartoonish looking bodybuilder has been done before. Remember "Batman and Robin" anyone? I think we all know how that turned out.

I personally like the way the part was portrayed. It did not require as much as of a suspension of belief. Because honestly, how much time does a supervillian really possess to go to the gym for a training session or get their protein in?

"I am Gotham's reckoning! Erm, well as soon as I have my chicken breast and rice."
                        THANK YOU! It fit in well with Nolan's real-world take on the Batman stories. Plus, I think Tom Hardy did more acting with his eyes alone than most actors do uninhibited. He was fantastic as Bane.

"After I have had my protein shake, you have my permission to die."
                        Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
                          THANK YOU! It fit in well with Nolan's real-world take on the Batman stories. Plus, I think Tom Hardy did more acting with his eyes alone than most actors do uninhibited. He was fantastic as Bane.

"After I have had my protein shake, you have my permission to die."
                          x2

Also, in the comics Bane is portrayed as just as intelligent as Bruce. He's one of the few characters that can go toe-to-toe with Batman besides Croc and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                            I'd love to get a mask like that but I'm afraid to order from Amazon, eBay, etc. All the reviews for the masks from those sites are awful.
                            You can always make one. I dressed up as the terminator one year and made a mechanical arm out of K-Nex pieces. It turned out awesome.

I also thought the movie was great. I was a little surprised by the use of Hardy to play Bane but i thought he did a decent job.
                            Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

Dark Knight Rises was an awesome movie; not as good as the 2nd, but definitely better than 95% of movies out there.

As others have stated, Tom Hardy as Bane was a perfect choice. A big, cartoony bodybuilder type of body is cool but has been done and frankly this new take on the character is refreshing. Christopher Nolan's take on the Batman universe is to be more realistic; I could totally see a Tom Hardy body-type being born and living in that prison. A bodybuilder body-type coming from that prison doesn't really make sense in my eyes.

Remember, comic book Bane has the mask/tubes to pump him full of Venom to make him stronger/bigger/more aggressive. Nolan's Bane has the mask to prevent pain from the wounds he suffered in the prison.
                              Max Muscle
                              5020 Katella Ave.
                              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X