Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying (used) gym equpment internationally

Hey folks.

I live in a big city in Japan but will be moving to the boondocks here next year.

There are no gyms nearby so I'll have to build my home gym.

Gym equipment here for the most part is highway robbery (I was just quoted $10,000USD for a smith machine--not a typo) so I'd like to buy as much as possible from the states and ship by boat.

Can anyone recommend any sites that deal with equipment sales and ship international?

Thanks.
    Last edited by eru; 08-09-2012, 08:19 AM. Reason: clarification
    Life is what you make of it.

http://www.usedgymequipment.com

Good? Bad? First result on Google.

Comment

Why not just buy new if you're getting it sent internationally? Seems like used could incur a to of hassle if you aren't actually seeing it in person - imagine the cost of sending it back etc....
      PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
        Why not just buy new if you're getting it sent internationally? Seems like used could incur a to of hassle if you aren't actually seeing it in person - imagine the cost of sending it back etc....
        To tell you the truth, I haven't even thought of buying it new. I just assumed used would be significantly cheaper.

I don't plan on buying anything fancy (nothing with electronics) if that makes any difference.

We're talking a cage, a smith, a few plate loaded machines, and dumbbells basically.

Comment

In your circumstances I would really research making some of it myself. A good welder can build you a basic .power rack.... Probably.some simple leverage equipment and plate loaded stuff. Don't know the cost of materials there so that's just an idea.
          One site for uses stuff is KD or KDA... I'll check my bookmarks and get back to ya.

Ok its
          http://www.kdafitness.com/?m=0

They sell both commercial and home equipment. SOME great deals when you go thru it.

If you don't need a big time rack check atlas or atlas systems power rack on Amazon. Rated to 700 and its 200 bucks.

Peace.
          Last edited by thedunhill225; 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM.
          Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
          Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
          Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
          X