Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Has an EliteFTS Power Rack...

And how do you like it?

I'm thinking of investing in my own equipment and putting a gym in my garage. I've been looking at the EliteFTS stuff, but are there better options out there?

I've used their commercial stuff (which is awesome), but was wondering how the more economical stuff compares. I've used some shit equipment before and don't want to sacrifice quality for a few bucks here.

I'm also looking at their 0-90 degree flat/incline bench, so I'd welcome input on that as well.
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

we have 4 of them where I work...LOVE them

we bought the collegiate racks
    CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
    MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
    2010 NGA Pro Universe
    2010 NPC Monster Mash
    2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
    2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
    2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
    2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
    2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
    2008 NPC Ohio State
    2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

www.snpequipment.com

Scott is a great guy and is very responsive. He makes great equipment as well. I have a Power Rack, Sled and Lungbreaker from him. Awesome.

Email him with questions. He will respond quickly.
      FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
      If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
        www.snpequipment.com

Scott is a great guy and is very responsive. He makes great equipment as well. I have a Power Rack, Sled and Lungbreaker from him. Awesome.

Thanks for the link, I'll definitely peruse his offerings.
        You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

x2 for Scott at SnP. He did all my stuff when I had my set up. Top notch, totally customizable, super nice guy and way cheaper than EFS.
          Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

www.snpequipment.com

Thanks. I've been meaning to search for that link. Appreciate it.
            Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
            Nicki Minaj

Comment

I've had a friend recently buy a few things from Rogue (http://www.roguefitness.com/). He's really liked what he had so far, and when he had an issue with one of the items he said the customer service was excellent.
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

I bought the EFS combo rack back in 2004 which started my gym. It came with a flat bench and is absolutely one of the best purchases I have ever made. In my opinion EFS is the Best option, not only in terms of quality equipment but their commitment, service, and model.

This is the rack we have:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&cid=167&pid=9

This rack will last my lifetime and much further. I have used many a power rack in my day and I highly suggest buying quality (EFS only does high quality). The 1 inch hole spacing for benching is awesome and highly suggested. $1000 is certainly a lot of money (I am lucky that steel was WAY cheaper in 2004), but spread $1000 over the course of 50+ years.

Other EFS Equipment I built my gym with:

Monolift
                GHR
                Deluxe Competition Bench- which is beyond awesome

We also have all 3 of the Texas Bars (Squat, Power, Deadlift) which are superb.

Here is a story about the rack and EFS. Back in 2005 before I purchased the monolift we were training squats in the rack one night and my training partner (massive 308 lifter) hit his set with 700 and we began walking the weight back in. He is a large person and we did not have the Texas Squat Bar at the time. He did not really fit into the normal Texas Power Bar for squats so had to hold the actual collars when squatting.

I had him in a bear hug as we were walking the weight back in and it began to roll down his back, there was no stopping it. It crashed into my upper arms as I was trying to back up and then down on to the safety pins. Keep in mind this was a free fall with 700 pounds from about 5 feet off the ground so it fell a good 3 feet to the pins. There was not so much as a scratch on the rack or the awesome rod/pipe designed safety pins.

Now the bar was a different story, hahaha. It bent up about 4 inches on one side. Being the bar was dumped there was no chance of warranty. I called EFS and explained the situation, they shipped me out a new bar that day for 1/2 price. Which they certainly did not have to do at all.

I highly recommend EFS
                "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

www.snpequipment.com

Scott is a good friend of mine and he certainly knows how to build excellent equipment. He is also a very Elite level lifter so he knows what big lifters need, want and like.

Comment

grey, which monolift do you have from EFS and what are your opinions of it?
                    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                    kind of a douche

Comment

www.snpequipment.com

This

Ive got a rack, dips bars, multi-grip pullup bar, deadlift bar, texas power bar, sled, bench, and a few other things in my garage built by Scott. Ive got some vids on my youtube i can send you on some of his equipment.

Like others have said, hes a cool dude also. Pretty strong too He built my rack a couple years ago and we still talk almost monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        I have the standard Monolift, the upgraded ones were not available yet when I ordered mine-

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=167&pid=194

It is fantastic, things like band pegs are certainly nice add ons for convenience but we attach bands without a problem. For resistance and for reverse band work. One thing about the EFS Monolift that I like very much is the swing arms do not have a ton of sway in them. I have been to some meets that have some different Monolifts and the swing arms are all over the place.

Random opinions

-Royal Pain in the Ass to move
                        -Putting it together will test 2 peoples static overhead strength, hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by thsfootball View Post
                          This

Ive got a rack, dips bars, multi-grip pullup bar, deadlift bar, texas power bar, sled, bench, and a few other things in my garage built by Scott. Ive got some vids on my youtube i can send you on some of his equipment.

Like others have said, hes a cool dude also. Pretty strong too He built my rack a couple years ago and we still talk almost monthly.
                          I'm interested in seeing vids of his equipment. Mind sharing a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                            I don't have much experience with their line of equipment. I think we have a reverse hyper of theirs and well it does the job of course. But we also have a glut ham raise from Rogue that's kind of a piece of crap, design wise. The knee pads are way too foamy and the platform where you place your feet on is so far from the ankle pads ... I've used one from Lifefitness and EFS, both were really nice and better.

EDIT: this is the GHR I have a problem with http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-abram-ghd.php
                            Last edited by Big R; 08-02-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Westside barbell, we purchased one for the club from Louie in 1994 w one inch spacing and it has been used and abused since and it's still holding up. Especially chained supported good mornings pounding it almost every week.

Comment

Working...
                              X