Day in the Life of Kai Greene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day in the Life of Kai Greene

I have much respect for Kai. The guy seems very down to earth and always displays a high level of intelligence. This is the first part in the series, I'm excited for the rest.

Kai is one of the most humble guys i have met in bodybuilding....

the final 10 min should be watched by every up an coming bodybuilder... so many young delusional guys out there...all they talk about is winning contests, turning pro, what guru they are hiring thats going to make them a champion...these kids want to do all these things they have all these goals but they can't execute the basic fundamental tasks

they dont pack their meals, they cheat on their diet...and they are lazy bottom line

Comment

Originally posted by Sflex View Post
      Kai is one of the most humble guys i have met in bodybuilding....
      Wait, what?
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

rapefruit aside, Kai really does seem like a genuinely nice guy. He's kinda out there, but that's another thing I like about him.

Speaking of meal prep, am I the only one that enjoys watching vids of pros prep their meals MORE than their training? Each variation or different angle of an exercise becomes less and less interesting. Meal prep...that's where it's fascinating. Tips and tricks of selecting your food, prepping in, flavoring it, packing it, finding the time to eat it. Meal prep is just as important, if not more, than the training itself. One you see variants of high intensity and focus, you've seen it all. But...

Watching Ronnie's 22 inch arms delicately pushing around runny eggs on a pan...Evan intently giving spinach an ice bath...Branch salting his ground buffalo beef...Shawn Ray sprinkling his home-brought tuna onto a salad at Sizzler's...sounds boring yet relaxing.
        Max Muscle
        5020 Katella Ave.
        Los Alamitos, CA 90720
        www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
          rapefruit aside
          Post #4 in the thread - knew that would be mentioned fairly quickly.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
          2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
          2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
          2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Its kind of funny about the grapefruit, in that video he mentions having to "scrape pennies" an "strip" to make money to afford food. It's very brief but he does mention it.

Comment

Man Kai is a character but it's real hard not to like him. The videos where he trains with regular joe's are also awesome. Funny to see him walking around lookin goofy as hell but knowing that's a top 3 bodybuilder in the world. Sometimes he's really long winded but I prefer his videos compared to branch or Keith Williams.

Comment

What I don't like about Kai, is that he tries to speak as if he were extremely intelligent, but it just comes out as gibberish and makes him look like an idiot.

You see...... in life...... there comes a moment when an individual......... comes against..................differing obstacular situations............... and must rise above.............. it's an unprecedented accumulation.......... wherein.................copious personified traits........... individual of the common collective psyche......more artisitc than nought...... and that is where I draw the strength to overcome my struggles.

I get the same feeling when I think about Kai speaking that I get when I think about the American Idol contestants that they show in the first two weeks. Not the terribly funny people, but the people that are completely blind to just how bad they are.
                2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I find Pulcinella's voice to be very irritating for some reason.

Reminds me of the old 80s vids I would watch in history class in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                    What I don't like about Kai, is that he tries to speak as if he were extremely intelligent, but it just comes out as gibberish and makes him look like an idiot.

You see...... in life...... there comes a moment when an individual......... comes against..................differing obstacular situations............... and must rise above.............. it's an unprecedented accumulation.......... wherein.................copious personified traits........... individual of the common collective psyche......more artisitc than nought...... and that is where I draw the strength to overcome my struggles.

I get the same feeling when I think about Kai speaking that I get when I think about the American Idol contestants that they show in the first two weeks. Not the terribly funny people, but the people that are completely blind to just how bad they are.
                    Mike Tyson do the same thing.

Yes, do the same thing.
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

yea kai can sometimes be long winded and talk in circles using big word to sound intelligent just like Mike Tyson...but give the guy a break, no formal education he basically taught himself to read. He's done pretty well for himself if you ask me.

and the whole g4p thing...would i do it? no

but if thats what you have to do to get by financially then so be it...he hustled and made money to survive. this isnt new to bodybuilding..people did weird shit like this back in arnolds day too

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                        Mike Tyson do the same thing.

Yes, do the same thing.
                        exactly...both of them had no formal education

Comment

I would much rather focus on his physique and how he got there then spend time judging him for how he speaks or what he did in the past.

I'm also amazed at how little rice he packed into his meals, I guess he doesn't eat a huge amount of carbs.
                          Last edited by liftweights; 08-01-2012, 02:54 PM.
                          :preach:

Comment

Meh, I can overlook a difficulty to verbally express yourself; I would fail my middle school projects/presentations because I didn't want to talk for risk of embarrassment.

Do you guys remember Michael Jordan's and Magic Johnson's postgame interviews? You guys would be frustrated with them too, lol. Talk about pedantic.

edit. If you guys are bored, check out the 'Tyson' documentary. I was a fan of Mike Tyson before watching it, became a BIGGER fan after watching it.

Two of my friends saw him at a bar in Vegas. They went up to him and started chatting about his career and all that jazz. After a few minutes, 2 hot girls went up to Mike and tried to strike up a convo and be all flirty. With an annoyed look he tells the girls to go away because he's having a conversation. Mike's badass.

edit2. Kai Greene still living in a neighborhood that the documentarian described as 'downtrodden' reminds me of a Kevin Levrone interview. In it, he describes how during his contest prep, he would sleep in one of his empty rooms (no furniture, no bed, nothing) ON THE FLOOR for 8-12 weeks straight. When asked why, he stated that he felt he was at war with his competition (at the time it was Shawn Ray, Dorian, Flex, Nasser) and didn't want to feel comfortable. It prepped him for a better mindset. Kevin's badass.
                            Last edited by theroymccoy; 08-01-2012, 03:19 PM.
                            Max Muscle
                            5020 Katella Ave.
                            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

he never specifically says why he had all the burners on... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X