Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet support thread

***Mods if you don't approve just delete, no hard feelings***

So everyone one time or another decide to lose some extra fat they are carrying. Whether its for aesthetics, a bulk gone wrong or a show, whatever you get the point.

So I'm making this for the people wanting to diet or currently dieting and either need advice or whatever. You're all welcome to chip in and share your thoughts of what does and doesn't work, or just updates on your diet progress
    Originally posted by thsfootball
    Stressing about what's catabolic- catabolic

I'll start off. Currently trying to lose some fat with a low carb diet, just started so not much to report. Basically have carbs PWO and then a refeed on the weekend. Goal is to hit 10% within the next 16 weeks

Comment

Goddddd I need this right now.

Major small-o-phobia going on right now. Trying to get shredded before I transition into a clean bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by daneoz View Post
        I'll start off. Currently trying to lose some fat with a low carb diet, just started so not much to report. Basically have carbs PWO and then a refeed on the weekend. Goal is to hit 10% within the next 16 weeks
        Nothing wrong with this approach, but I'd add some intra workout carbs and fast absorbing protein. How low carb are you talking? I'm not a fan of Ketogenic diets. From my experience you can waste just as much muscle as fat, but it doesn't sound like you are necessarily going that low. The right amount of carbs can be muscle sparing.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Thanks for the input. 80-100g on training days (3 days), trace on non training (3 days) and 1 refeed on the weekend aiming for 200g

Comment

Thanks for the input. 80-100g on training days (3 days), trace on non training (3 days) and 1 refeed on the weekend aiming for 200g
            Sounds reasonable. Where did you start with the diet? Way too many guys go to the extreme too fast, lose size, and then shit themselves and go back to bulking. Slow and steady changes over time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
            www.316fit.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

Starting on 2200ish, so around 500 deficit. Yeah I've been there before, not fun haha. But energy is feeling good this time around, logging everything so I should be ok

Comment

You're going to go with just 200 grams of carbs on your re-feed day? I guess you could start small, but depending on what your BF is right now and how much muscle you're carrying, you may need more than that.
                Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Yeah it's just to 'test the waters'. I'll increase the leaner I get though, sitting at 200lb, 20% (hopefully that's worst case)

Comment

Do you have any pics? People often have trouble assessing their own BF. Also, I'd recommend watching the seminar portion of Skip's Longevity video; there's good diet info there.
                    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                      Sounds reasonable. Where did you start with the diet? Way too many guys go to the extreme too fast, lose size, and then shit themselves and go back to bulking. Slow and steady changes over time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
                      x2
                      1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                      2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                      2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                      2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                      2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                      2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Yeah it's just to 'test the waters'. I'll increase the leaner I get though, sitting at 200lb, 20% (hopefully that's worst case)
                        good call..the leaner you get the bigger the re-feed

Comment

Eating 1/2 a pound of pasta a day sucks.

Comment

After about a year of testing various dieting methods I've learned that high carbohydrate and low fat meal plans work best for me.

Vkk have you tried getting a nice Japanese rice cooker and eating white rice instead? That's what I've had success on. I eat more rice than a small Asian family.
                            :preach:

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                              After about a year of testing various dieting methods I've learned that high carbohydrate and low fat meal plans work best for me.

Vkk have you tried getting a nice Japanese rice cooker and eating white rice instead? That's what I've had success on. I eat more rice than a small Asian family.
                              Lol. Yup, I rotate between pasta and rice each week so I don't get bored trying to gain.

Comment

Working...
                              X