Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 scoop of protein powder with each meal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 scoop of protein powder with each meal???

Hey Guys,

I thought I knew what I was doing ... until I became a pound puppy.

I notice some of you DC'ers are eating like 70 grams of protein per meal.

Geez. Now I know what I have been doing wrong...along with previously not doing DC training.

Question: Is it a good idea to drink 1 scoop of whey protein powder (20-25gms) with each and every single meal?

The only way I think I can manage to meet the DC protein requirements is if I do this. Comments, tips, or ideas about this???
    I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

How much do you weigh? How much protein do you already get in your diet? How much muscle do you currently carry?
    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

5'9"
      200 lean pounds (ok...not 20 year old lean, 40 year old lean, like 12% max)

Until I started reading about DC ... I would basically shoot for 30 - 50 gms protein 5x per day. Usually 3 - 50 gram main meals, and 2 to 3 30 gram 'snacks'. The old 1 gram per pound 'rule'.
      I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

Comment

You sure about that 12% lean? For a lot of people 12% lean really is 16-17% and not so lean. Pictures would help.

But yeah, if you're @ 1 g/lb right now and trying to bulk up, you should bump it up a bit, maybe to 1.5 g/lb. You don't need 400 grams of protein daily at this point.

Also, when you say 30-50 grams of protein per meal, are you talking about 30-50 grams of quality protein or are you counting the protein from your carb and fat sources too? Aim for 1.5 g/lb of "real" protein and you should be good to go.
        Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

As Dakoose said, 1.5g/lb is good place to start. Once you fill in you kcals with fats and carbs and follow that particular diet for a couple of weeks you'll see how each of the macros should be adjusted based on your progress. Since you are training to gain, if you find you are accumulating fat to fast, then rather than dropping overall kcals down, simply reduce carbs a bit at certain times and add in proteins and fats.

As far as using protein powder, sure, there is nothing wrong with that. Try to get as much whole food as you can and use powders as neccessary to meet your requirements and as convenience food so you don't miss your meals.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
          X