Guggulsterones in Burn-just read they mess with receptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guggulsterones in Burn-just read they mess with receptors

Ok so somebody talk me down here. Lol. I don't really know much aboutthe issue, but I am takin TN burn, which has synthetic guggulsterones in it. And I just read somewhere it is estrogenic, progesteronic (sp?) and antiandrogenic.
    1) is this information accurate?
    2) if so why is it in burn?
    3) what are the practical effects of the dosage in burn?

I bet this post makes me sound dumber than I am, so no sarcasm would be appreciated, I really just want to figure out if I am harming myself by taking these in.

Here is a link to an abstract. Maybe someone (cough, homon, cough) has access to the full article and other scholarly research which can shed some light on this subject.

Can you provide a link where you read this information? I am guessing someone may have read the abstract about its receptor binding to the estrogen receptor and starting making some assumptions.
    FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
    If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Progestogenic
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

^Sammich you beat me to it^ (As if I knew).
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          Progestogenic
          pro = in favor of

gest = carrying or bearing, as in bearing child

genic = development of

According to my deductive Latin root word skills, guggelsterones will make me have babies. YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
            Here is a link to an abstract. Maybe someone (cough, homon, cough) has access to the full article and other scholarly research which can shed some light on this subject.

Can you provide a link where you read this information? I am guessing someone may have read the abstract about its receptor binding to the estrogen receptor and starting making some assumptions.
            Honestly, a couple of places, but yes, they only linked the abstract. I forget all of them.
            Here is one:
            http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/3...ctive-steroids
            Originally posted by Sammich View Post
            Progestogenic
            Thanks. lol. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
              The article you link is free to download - directly from that link. (Upper right.)

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                The article you link is free to download - directly from that link. (Upper right.)

-S
                :rain:

Guess I should pay attention better, huh? :insane:
                FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

I just read the whole thing. I...get the general conclusion, but other than that I'm lost. It blocks the androgen receptor at some concentration that I don't understand the significance of but I gather is at the same level as is sold in supps. So it seems lie a good idea to discontinue. I didn't really understand the estrogen/progesterone part, but I gather that the effects on those was even worse. I also learned I shoulda majored in science so I would understand this better :/

Scott? Sammich? do a better job of deciphering this? Pls?

Another question: these were natural guggulsterones, whereas Burn, and other supps use synthetic guggulsterones. Is there a difference?

Comment

Working...
                  X