Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tips on how to add some good calories to this diet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tips on how to add some good calories to this diet

    Hey guys I would like any tips I could get on how to add some clean calories to this diet below. Im growing good, but I do burn alot of calories everyday so Im trying to up it 500-1000 more calories. Some people say to just add all those calories to my postworkout shake/meal, but I would like to get some more ideas.

    m1-
    50 gram protein shake from team skip
    1 peice of fruit

    m2-
    7 whole eggs
    2 slices ezikial toast
    1 serving peanut butter
    5 grams fiber

    train

    m3-
    pwo 50 grams of team skip
    60 grams of carbs from kids cereal

    m4-
    10 ounces chicken
    2 cups jasmine rice

    m5-
    same as meal 4

    m6-
    same as meal 4

    m7-
    10 ounces steak
    salad

    m8-
    7 whole eggs
    5 grams of fiber

  • #2
    Good fats from good oils.....Also, why don't you just increase your meal size a bit? Go to 12oz of chicken, add a tbsp of EVOO to each of those meals, and your shakes other than pwo....
    Last edited by steel1970; 07-23-2012, 07:31 PM.
    STEEL




    "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

    Comment


    • #3
      ok that sounds good, where would you incorporate that? I was always so bad at trying to put oils into my food.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, after reading your post better, I guess you don't use alot if shakes. That being said, you could increase the protein from your shakes to 60-70g, add a tbsp of Mac nut oil to your rice in those meals, add a scoop of protein to your egg meals, and I think you have your extra cals....
        STEEL




        "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

        Comment


        • #5
          You could also add more carbs to meals 1 & 2 if you wanted to...
          STEEL




          "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

          Comment


          • #6
            It isn't that hard to figure out lol...

            Just take the amounts you are currently and increase them by small amounts.

            2 scoops pro---> 2.5 scoops
            2c rice---> 2.5c
            2tbs pb---> 3tbs
            10oz steak---> 12oz steak
            etc...
            Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

            Comment


            • #7
              I understand thankyou, now the only thing with the protein is im only 185, im pretty short but still only 185 so Im already taking in plus 2g protein per body pound. Does it matter if I add more protein?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                It isn't that hard to figure out lol...

                Just take the amounts you are currently and increase them by small amounts.

                2 scoops pro---> 2.5 scoops
                2c rice---> 2.5c
                2tbs pb---> 3tbs
                10oz steak---> 12oz steak
                etc...
                oh of course I could do that haha, but Im already pretty full eating all this food yet I know I need more cals, so I was looking for tips to get more easy cals down that wont really make me stuff my face more if you know what I mean.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well then use some reasoning and add more carbs or fats.

                  Sensitive to carbs? Add more fats.
                  Not sensitive? Add more carbs.

                  Or add a little of both!


                  Saw you last post...

                  In that case PB or nuts are easy ways to add fats. They're calorically dense and easy to add to any meal. Plus a little oil in the rice like Steel said.
                  Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                    Well then use some reasoning and add more carbs or fats.

                    Sensitive to carbs? Add more fats.
                    Not sensitive? Add more carbs.

                    Or add a little of both!


                    Saw you last post...

                    In that case PB or nuts are easy ways to add fats. They're calorically dense and easy to add to any meal. Plus a little oil in the rice like Steel said.
                    Ok I will give both ideas a whirl, Im going to have to see how I like mac nut oil, never tried to add it to any food.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Also what do you guys think about just also adding more carbs to my pwo meal. like an extra 40 grams of carbs or so?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by crod266 View Post
                        Hey guys I would like any tips I could get on how to add some clean calories to this diet below. Im growing good, but I do burn alot of calories everyday so Im trying to up it 500-1000 more calories. Some people say to just add all those calories to my postworkout shake/meal, but I would like to get some more ideas.

                        m1-
                        50 gram protein shake from team skip
                        1 peice of fruit holy shit eat a lot more carbs here

                        m2-
                        7 whole eggs
                        2 slices ezikial toast holy shit eat a lot more carbs here
                        1 serving peanut butter
                        5 grams fiber

                        train drink something while lifting with carbs like Powdered Muscle

                        m3-
                        pwo 50 grams of team skip
                        60 grams of carbs from kids cereal

                        m4-
                        10 ounces chicken
                        2 cups jasmine rice

                        m5-
                        same as meal 4

                        m6-
                        same as meal 4

                        m7-
                        10 ounces steak
                        salad add in carbs or fat here

                        m8-
                        7 whole eggs
                        5 grams of fiber
                        VoilĂ .
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Your breakfast looks like its too small if your trying to add calories... One piece of fruit and that's it?? Unless your really sensitive to carbs bump that up big time! Blend that skip with your fruit and a bunch of oatmeal and chug that!

                          Edit: Sammich did exactly what i was thinking while typing that^ haha
                          :preach:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would add the calories post workout... Big Mac, Swiss Rolls with Protein shake, etc. "crappy" food packs a good bunch of calories, and doesn't require eating a ton of extra food.

                            I would keep the carbs low-0 in the AM, despite what Sammich and Liftweights say, and then slam the carbs post workout... but it depends on you and how you feel without carbs.
                            -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                            -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                            198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                            -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                            198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                            -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                            198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post

                              I would keep the carbs low-0 in the AM, despite what Sammich and Liftweights say, and then slam the carbs post workout..
                              Why? Just curious on your logic for keeping the pre-workout carbs/cals low.

                              Skip


                              Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle


                              For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                              Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X