How much fish oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much fish oil

Not really sure hoW to figure out my fish oil dosage. My pills say 1,000mg pills (300 EPA 200 dha) I've been taking 5 pills 4 times a day to get 20g(4g dha) . Is this enough to get all the benefits?
    Last edited by MachMood; 07-20-2012, 04:39 PM.

Yes that is more than adequate.

Comment

Could you eat some fish instead of all the pills? I have about 10ml of oil total then eat fish every couple of days. Fresh fish has got to be better than pills.

Bought 20 small fish yesterday ($5.00) but cooked them to nicely as the kids taste test turned into me only getting 9 fish after my 2 sons ate the other 11.
      "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
      Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
      'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
      ~William Bernbach

Comment

1.86g of EPA and 1.5g of DHA have been shown to improve muscle protein synthesis. For rheumatoid arthritis, fish oil providing 3.8 grams/day of EPA and 2 grams/day DHA has been shown to be beneficial, so I would assume this would also provide joint health benefits in someone who does not have arthritis. For reducing high blood pressure, 2.04 grams of EPA and 1.4 grams of DHA per day appears to be beneficial.

For references: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...2/?tool=pubmed
        http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...tural/993.html
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Ok sounds good, for cost effectiveness I will go to 5 caps 3x a day giving me 3 grams if DHA and 4.5 grams EPA

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
            Ok sounds good, for cost effectiveness I will go to 5 caps 3x a day giving me 3 grams if DHA and 4.5 grams EPA
            Could you maybe link what pills you are taking? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shogen View Post
              Could you maybe link what pills you are taking? Thanks
              http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1111-...-softgels.aspx
              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Is there anything wrong with taking all your fish oil pills at once?

I've been taking five with my last meal that is protein and fat.
                :preach:

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shogen View Post
                    Thanks!
                    No problem! If you like the liquid fish oil, I prefer Carlsons brand.
                    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                      No problem! If you like the liquid fish oil, I prefer Carlsons brand.
                      Carlson's is great but Udu's Oil has a a complete Omega 3-6-9 profile and has a nice nutty taste to it.
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

http://m.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/...ci_sku=VS-1045

Comment

Ok sounds good, for cost effectiveness

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                            Is there anything wrong with taking all your fish oil pills at once?

I've been taking five with my last meal that is protein and fat.
                            For the most part there is benefit of spreading out the doses. Omega-3s are anti-inflammatory partly from their conversion into prostaglandin-3 family molecules, but also because they're cox-2 inhibitors. So the more frequently you dose omega-3s throughout the day, the more you'll avert your body from being in an inflammatory state.

This is useful at least if you suffer from inflammatory-mediated pain (think achy joints for example).

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                              Carlson's is great but Udu's Oil has a a complete Omega 3-6-9 profile and has a nice nutty taste to it.
                              So, what your saying is that you favor a more nutty flavor? Sorry just had to go there.
                              "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                              2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                              2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                              2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                              2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                              2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Working...
                              X