Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frequent urination

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • frequent urination

    Hi there everyone

    I know that i normally urinate more than the average person (not just because i drink ALOT of water, higher protein intake than normal person...) but do you think that this is a problem with prostrate or something else etc...or is this what everyone else experiences?

    For example
    - urinate around 20 times a day (im around mid-twenties on saturdays)
    - wake up 3 times a night to urinate..
    - sometimes (Especially after gym) have to urinate 10-15 mins after going (and then again after another 15 mins etc..)

    Also, by waking up so many times during the night, im not really getting a good nights sleep (as i only get around 6-7 hours a night - due to late nights in the office etc..)

    any tips/solutions etc. would be appreciated

  • #2
    Like you I piss often. Not that often at night as I taper off my drinking at 7pm. On waking though I usually drink 1L of water straight away and then a fair amount through the rest of the day.

    I find that it is not the amount but what I have it with that causes frequent urination.

    For example if I drink my 1 Litre then this causes 1 big wee about 1 and a 1/2 hrs later followed by another big piss some time after that. If I have tea or a caffinated drink not long after the 1L then this causes frequent smaller urinations.

    At night I don't drink the caffinated drinks so all is good.

    A trick I was once told was to put a small amount of salt in any drinks you have prior to bed to cause a bit of water retention. I tried that and felt it worked.

    Prostate problems can easily be checked also so get the blood test done to stop you worrying. I once had a check by a good looking female doctor, it was the other sort of check though. Next time I'm definately going the blood work.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

    "It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

    "Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

    Comment


    • #3
      Frequent urination along with increased thirst and hunger is a sign of diabetes. If you have trouble starting urinating, weak/inconsistent stream those are prostate signs. Though depending on age it could just be BPH.

      How old are you? Have you ever had blood sugar problems? When was your last blood work? And most importantly call your doctor. He will most likely was to send you for labs.
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
        Frequent urination along with increased thirst and hunger is a sign of diabetes. If you have trouble starting urinating, weak/inconsistent stream those are prostate signs. Though depending on age it could just be BPH.

        How old are you? Have you ever had blood sugar problems? When was your last blood work? And most importantly call your doctor. He will most likely was to send you for labs.
        ^^^^ This.....my brother was pissing like a racehorse probably 2-3 times an hour thru the day....drinking gallons of water thru the work day....this went on for a year or so. He actually had appendicitis and they found his blood sugar to be in the 400's......he was diagnosed with diabetes and had to get medicated. After awhile we got his diabetes under control thru his diet, but it took done time. I say get checked out immediately.....
        STEEL




        "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

        Comment


        • #5
          Are you dieting?
          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

          - Success is the best revenge

          Comment


          • #6
            If you're not dieting and close to a show I would check my blood sugar

            Comment


            • #7
              One other possibility: Google "overactive bladder"

              Comment


              • #8
                I urinate frequently as well. Not as frequently as you, but more than normal. A lot of factors influence this: fluid intake, anxiety/stress, diabetes, prostate, alcohol. For example, when I drink alcohol, forget it; I may as well party at the urinal. I went and had blood work done and I didn't end up having diabetes. I also had my prostate checked. If you're thinking about having to urinate, it ends up making you go. When my mind is very pre-occupied with something, it could be 3 or 4 hours before I have to urinate again. As for your prostate, self-evaluate just how rough your sex or masturbation sessions are and keep in mind that a swollen prostate will result in a weak and not very thorough release, resulting in having to go more often until enough pressure is built up. Also, if you happen to have a weak orgasm and not all of the semen is released, the remainder, no matter how insignificant, may still be in the urethra causing the urgency to urinate despite not actually having to pass urine. Upon release, the "urine" would be clear and not yellow.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
                  If you're thinking about having to urinate, it ends up making you go.
                  Especially at night. If I can't get to sleep for some reason, my mind wanders and suddenly I have to pee.
                  I can't weigh in on the scientific explanations, but if you have late nights at the office, I'd bet you have a relatively boring office job where you can probably drink water and pee whenever you damn well please. My personal/broscience explanation is that maybe you are over-drinking and then thinking about peeing...and then repeating. God knows I get bored at work, and suddenly I've killed 3 gallons in 8 hours. I'd still get tested if you are worried about it, but I know a lot of guys don't really want to go to the doctor even if it is probably for the best.
                  Hell, maybe we both have the 'beetus, but just keep in mind that it isn't necessarily your dick falling off or you pancreas going to shit, you might just be bored.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't think 20 times in a day is normal, at all.....I myself probably go twice thru the nite. I drink alot thru the day, at least a gallon and then Crystal Lite, and I might only go 5-6 times from morning to dinner....I don't know, but 20 times seems VERY excessive to me. I tend to drink more at nite, especially when I train, so those nites I may go more, but obviously it's directly tied in to the amount that I drink....I say better safe than sorry and hit the doc.....If you do indeed have diabetes or even pre diabetes, you could get it now and try to squash it if possible, rather than waiting for it to get completely outta hand....just my 2 cents....

                    Edit: Just thinking also, my wife has kidney problems and goes alot, but still not 20 times a day....She has fybroids which push on her drain from her kidney to the bladder and waste gets trapped in the kidney and doesn't drain properly, always giving her the sensation that she has to go somehow, and she does indeed go a little bit each time....Go to the doc buddy...
                    Last edited by steel1970; 07-15-2012, 12:47 PM.
                    STEEL




                    "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      When I was young ( 5 or 6 I don't remember this but my mom is a RN and made sure I knew this when I was older ) I had a dye test done ( see below) as I was peeing more than a normal kid should, anyway they found nothing wrong with me other than the fact that my bladder for some reason only half empties when I go causing me more trips to the bathroom everyday. I don't go 20 times a day but that whole early signs of diabetes is something I didn't know about.

                      http://www.health.harvard.edu/diagno...-pyelogram.htm

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        I don't think 20 times in a day is normal, at all.....I myself probably go twice thru the nite. I drink alot thru the day, at least a gallon and then Crystal Lite, and I might only go 5-6 times from morning to dinner....I don't know, but 20 times seems VERY excessive to me. I tend to drink more at nite, especially when I train, so those nites I may go more, but obviously it's directly tied in to the amount that I drink....I say better safe than sorry and hit the doc.....If you do indeed have diabetes or even pre diabetes, you could get it now and try to squash it if possible, rather than waiting for it to get completely outta hand....just my 2 cents....

                        Edit: Just thinking also, my wife has kidney problems and goes alot, but still not 20 times a day....She has fybroids which push on her drain from her kidney to the bladder and waste gets trapped in the kidney and doesn't drain properly, always giving her the sensation that she has to go somehow, and she does indeed go a little bit each time....Go to the doc buddy...
                        20 does seem high, if you really are going that much, go see a doctor. I was sort of working off the assumption that 20 was a "ugh it feels like I've pissed 20 times today)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Before you start freaking out about medical ailments consider that it could just be your water intake... I piss about 20 times a day as well (once or twice per hour and 2-3 times overnight), but its just flushing water.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Duro View Post
                            Before you start freaking out about medical ailments consider that it could just be your water intake... I piss about 20 times a day as well (once or twice per hour and 2-3 times overnight), but its just flushing water.
                            And you don't think 20 times a day is excesssive? I can do a 12 hour Skipload on Sunday, be pushing water Mon, Tues, and Wed, and not piss 20 times in all 3 days combined, and I drink alot of water as well, prob 3/4 gallon of plain water and a gallon at least of Crystal Lite.....I would say on average I probably go once every two hour or so when I'm awake, probably about 5-6 times a day, plus once or twice a nite.....EDIT: I know I only go 2 times in 7 hours at work, sometimes 3.....

                            I'm not a doctor, but to ME, 20 times a day seems EXCESSIVE......always err on the side of caution imo. If the OP is questioning it, there obviously is something in his head that is telling him that it's excessive as well...

                            Could it be his water intake? Sure, but imo to go 20 times a day and 3-4 times while sleeping, he'd hafta be taking in 4 gallons of water a day.....if he's that thirsty and going that much, being cautious and going to the doc will not hurt a thing, however if there is an issue, and he chooses not to go, he may find out about it too late.....
                            STEEL




                            "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              To clarify - I wasn't telling him to NOT investigate, I was just trying to let him know that its not a sure sign that something is wrong since most of this thread is leaning completely in the other direction, and the OP did indicate that his water intake is very high.
                              Last edited by Duro; 07-15-2012, 06:40 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X