Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a divorce.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting a divorce.

    Gotta vent a little. Wife isn't happy stuff isn't right. Have had some of the best workouts lately though. Any forum support on here for a bro?

  • #2
    Originally posted by wildman536 View Post
    Gotta vent a little. Wife isn't happy stuff isn't right. Have had some of the best workouts lately though. Any forum support on here for a bro?
    Been there, done that, any kids involved? Information is good.
    For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah we have a almost two year old.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by wildman536 View Post
        Yeah we have a almost two year old.
        Mine was 2 also, just make sure to never fight in front of the child and try to stay as grown up about it as possible. My ex wife and I did and get along great now. Not sure what state you are in but if you do leave start giving child support now so the court doesn't look back and make you to be the bad guy.

        If it's possible seek all possible help to remedy your issue and use divorce as the last option, but if you have to be the bigger person and do what is right, may not always be what you want to do but do what you should do. It was hard for me to not see my son everyday but the days I do get him, 3-5 a week which includes the weekend and make the best of every second together.
        For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the advice. We're going to split custody and no child support. We're pretty agreeable on things.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wildman536 View Post
            Thanks for the advice. We're going to split custody and no child support. We're pretty agreeable on things.
            Well count your blessings and good luck but they do lend to some kick ass workouts.
            For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

            Comment


            • #7
              The workouts have been killer

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                Mine was 2 also, just make sure to never fight in front of the child and try to stay as grown up about it as possible. My ex wife and I did and get along great now. Not sure what state you are in but if you do leave start giving child support now so the court doesn't look back and make you to be the bad guy.

                If it's possible seek all possible help to remedy your issue and use divorce as the last option, but if you have to be the bigger person and do what is right, may not always be what you want to do but do what you should do. It was hard for me to not see my son everyday but the days I do get him, 3-5 a week which includes the weekend and make the best of every second together.
                This.

                Sorry to hear that man. I heard some advice today that I wish I would've followed and maybe it'll help you over the next 15 years. When discussing your child (school issues, discipline issues, or anything you and your ex may not agree upon) one of you get a babysitter and go to eat or something and discuss the issue. Too many times minor things explode in front of the child and (generally) as a dad, you won't win in the eyes of the child whether you're right or wrong.

                Good luck on the child support issue. Keep all records of you paying if you're not going to use the court right now because they will try to put you under with retroactive support if you ever open a case.

                Please don't take this as a jerk-statement, but although you get along now, every moment, good and bad, is just a snapshot in time. Life has so many variables/dynamics, so things can get ugly real fast. So try to be as harmless as a dove but wise as a serpent.

                You'll make it through, and if you're a great dad already, just be determined to make that your standard regardless of how much physical time you have with your child or the relationship with your ex.
                Discount TRUE PROTEIN CODE: DND849
                get
                5% off all purchases, and up to 10% off BIG orders at http://<span style="font-size:20px">...ein.com</span>
                !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you for the great advice! We're still I'm the house together and sharing the child responsibilities so paying is out of the question now. I will be cool and love your statement about the dove and serpent. I'll think about it daily thank you!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would prepare yourself for the worst also. You may be agreeable on things now, but all it takes is one other voice in her ear and all that can change in a snap....if I were you I'd get everything in writing ASAP, or you just may get screwed in the end....

                    Good luck and keep your chin up....
                    STEEL




                    "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wildman536 View Post
                      Thanks for the advice. We're going to split custody and no child support. We're pretty agreeable on things.
                      Cover your ass anyway. Talk to a lawyer ASAP no matter how agreeable you think things are.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Depending on your state, you may not be able to even agree to no child support-the state will mandate it regardless.

                        Strap up dude; as posted above things may seem cool now, but they RARELY remain that way. I hope, for your sake, that your situation ends up differently.
                        You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am absolutely not mocking you at all and I am 100% serious: start psychotherapy now.
                          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                          kind of a douche

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                            I would prepare yourself for the worst also. You may be agreeable on things now, but all it takes is one other voice in her ear and all that can change in a snap....if I were you I'd get everything in writing ASAP, or you just may get screwed in the end....
                            ..
                            Originally posted by xr race View Post
                            Cover your ass anyway. Talk to a lawyer ASAP no matter how agreeable you think things are.
                            Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                            Depending on your state, you may not be able to even agree to no child support-the state will mandate it regardless.

                            Strap up dude; as posted above things may seem cool now, but they RARELY remain that way. I hope, for your sake, that your situation ends up differently.
                            Well said guys...I would take this advice and run with it. I've danced this dance twice before and just when you think you've got it made, someone will start filling her head with what she may be entitled to.
                            My 2 cents, keep your guard up. Things get ugly real fast.
                            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                              Well said guys...I would take this advice and run with it. I've danced this dance twice before and just when you think you've got it made, someone will start filling her head with what she may be entitled to.
                              My 2 cents, keep your guard up. Things get ugly real fast.
                              I must be lucky, thank goodness, lol
                              For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X