Why did you come to Intense Muscle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you come to Intense Muscle?

I wrote this out yesterday on my phone and the damn thing shut down as I was about ready to post it...damn smart phones...anyway, this has probably been a thread before, but I'm not all that original, so I'm gonna do it anyway....

Why are you here at IM? How did you find IM and what exactly were you looking for? Did someone point you in this direction, or did you stumble on to it and decide to make it your bb'ing forum home? How would you improve IM for the members if it was YOUR site?

I found IM in about 2005 when my wife and I were split up for awhile. I was still somewhat of an internet "virgin" at that point. I used my computer mostly for my Quickbooks for my business....I was looking up routines as I was slowly getting back into training after a back injury. Came across DC Training and subsequently, IM. I may have joined then, I don't remember. If I did, I have long since forgotten that username...lol. My wife and I got back together late that summer and I was out of the scene again for awhile, only to become a member in 2008 I think....I read alot in that summer of 2005 and actually employed some DC principles into my training....I had it on the favorites in my computer and lurked for a few years here and there. Didn't come here full time till 2008 or so and I've felt very welcomed here by everyone and have since made it my home away from home. I've even gotten to meet a few guys from here and they have all been very cool...

So, I ask again, why did you come to IM?
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

The never ending quest for more knowledge. I was introduced to the idea of DC training through the T-Nation article years ago, came here to learn more about it and ended up really enjoying the info on the boards and the community as a whole. From there I checked out all of the stuff by Dante, Skip, Homon, Kid Rock, etc...

Really enjoy all the posts by the "big time" members, and the quality of info is consistently through the roof with VERY little BS (and even then, the BS usually gets called out quite quick). There is very little junk on the boards, and the people in charge should be given full credit for creating and fostering the kind of environment that has created the quality of the site.

I am mainly on "lurker" status because the members here are by and large more knowledgeable than I am so I just sit back and soak it in.

Comment

I first found this site back between my two surgeries when I had my colon removed. I was researching a lot and wanted to get back in shape fast using DC training, only problem was I truly wasn't ready but went ahead and did it anyway. Over the years I've learned so much, thanks to Jay Cook putting out a thread challenging people to put up or shut up I did my 1st and only Bodybuilding show to date, I worked with SKIP, Pissed SKIP off, spoke with SKIP, Eric Brugh, met and competed with a couple members here, grown friendships that are internet only yet seem as though I've known many of you forever. I come here for the knowledge, the people, friendships, advice, reassurance, in fact I just told two guys at the gym to check the site out.

SKIP has put an incredible site together and drawn some great minds here. Guys like Future, Homon, KidR, BHman, In Human, Dante, Jay Cook, Ben Bruno, Trucelt(J), Slide, Sammich, and so many others are why I'm here oh, oh, can't forget Heckman(Mr. Under the Radar lately). Heckman calls to check on me for crying out loud, he lives clear across the country. I hadn't heard from him in a while, thought he died from old age or something so I sent him a message on FB, lol. All I know are some people from Avatars or FB. But you can be damn sure if you needed me I'd be there. JohnCaesar offered to send me money one time back when I was homeless after my divorce, now we compete together, he comes here to vacation.

That is why I come to IM, and some of you are so screwed up it makes me feel better about myself, lol :llama:

IM :first:
      For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

I read an article by a guy I didn't like, I don't agree with his ideas and training philosophy.

In it he bad mouthed DC and said that IM was the place where all the DC guys hung out. I had never heard of DC so came for a look.

"All publicity is good publicity" as the saying goes.
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

Somebody said sandwich, so I came looking for sandwich recipes then I found out they meant 'SAMMICH'. Clearly I got tricked BIG TIME cause I have YET to get a recipe!
          2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
          2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
          2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
          2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
          2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
          2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

Came to learn more about DC training.

Stayed because I have no life.

Got made a mod because Skip wanted to punish all of you for some reason.
            Last edited by Sammich; 07-10-2012, 02:08 AM.
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

I found IM via musclemayhem (which i don't know how i found that)...learned a lot and feel like there are a lot of people here I would hang out with if we all lived in the same area. Definately the best site around, untouchable.
              2005 HOA Natural Classic
              2006 OCB Midwest
              2007 ABA Natural Illinois
              2008 HOA Natural Classic
              NPC Mid-Illinois
              NPC Midwest Open
              NPC Natural Grand Prix
              2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
              USPA Illinois State
              NGA Heart of America
              NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Was reading a "Transformation of the week" on bb.com and he mentioned that he did some modified DC training. Googled DC training, read something from Ron Harris and ended up here. This was Jan this year as I was rolling around as a fat bastard on Xmas holidays.

6 months later I have completed 3 DC blasts, getting coached by Skip, buy TN supps and Team Skip protein (shipping to Australia is hideous but the TN stuff is worth it) and weigh 15kgs less than Xmas and gained strength on all my core exercises when I thought my gaining days were over.

Proof is in the pudding.....

No bullshit posters with varying degrees of experience and positive encouragement from all when you respect the board and the DC protocols.

Oh, and plus Skip Loads!
                "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything..."

On board TEAM SKIP

Comment

i've competed in 5 bodybuilding shows...i've done very well so far but wanna win my natural pro card next year....so i hired ifbb pro Patrick Richardson 2 weeks ago...he's a DC guy and trained with Dante...he just set me up on a DC program and told me about this site...i'm looking forward to networking with more people on here and learning as much as possible...this is my first post..i'm gonna read all the stickies before i start asking questions lol

Comment

Originally posted by uptheweight View Post
                    i'm gonna read all the stickies before i start asking questions lol
                    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                    kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                      ...and some of you are so screwed up it makes me feel better about myself, lol :llama:

IM :first:

I'll take this crazy over car forum crazy all day, erryday.

I started logging my workouts over here because if people truly started to piss on my PRs or call me an ugly troll and then have the audacity to call me an asshole when I finally retaliate and point out that they can barely squat more than me (and weigh twice as much as I do and have been DC'ing it up for how long now) or fail to stick to their diet, it would not fly.
                      #docswholift
                      PGY-1 FM
                      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

i was a goon on somethingawful.com and there's a forum for weight lifting and fitness. I was 120 lbs. almost 10 yrs ago. Some guy said he was being trained over the internet by a guy named Dante and he put on considerable size and so I PM'd him where I can get more info and voila, here I am.
                        Max Muscle
                        5020 Katella Ave.
                        Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                        www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

I'm here because since finishing school 12 years ago I have been putting on weight (fat) consistently and I have decided I really need to do something about it, if not for my own sake, then for my kids.
                          I've never been involved in any form of training in my life, so I'm here slowly going through the stickies to see what I can learn and hopefully use what I learn to begin my journey on the road to fat burning and muscle building.

Comment

Thought more of you would have my experience. Did the volume training bodybuilding stuff for the longest till te Dave Henry cover of flex which had alot about DC. I had tried HIT and bit the shitter so naturally I took it up a knotch and wanted tO try DC. Saw the website and truenutrition in the article and checked it out. I did a full 6 or 8 week blast, whatever it was supposed to be and recovered like shit so stopped visiting the site. A year or so ago I got real bored with volume training and thought about DC again. Came back here and loved it ever since.
                            Seems to be alot less focused on just DC now, I felt like before it was a strictly DC site.
                            I think the video section could be revamped/uPdated but with effort somebody can find what they need so it's not a huge deal.

Comment

Originally posted by big ross View Post
                              Thought more of you would have my experience. Did the volume training bodybuilding stuff for the longest till te Dave Henry cover of flex which had alot about DC. I had tried HIT and bit the shitter so naturally I took it up a knotch and wanted tO try DC. Saw the website and truenutrition in the article and checked it out. I did a full 6 or 8 week blast, whatever it was supposed to be and recovered like shit so stopped visiting the site. A year or so ago I got real bored with volume training and thought about DC again. Came back here and loved it ever since.
                              Seems to be alot less focused on just DC now, I felt like before it was a strictly DC site.
                              I think the video section could be revamped/uPdated but with effort somebody can find what they need so it's not a huge deal.
                              Haha...speaking of which...I just remembered Dave Henry talking about DC training off-handedly in one of the BFTO's.
                              Max Muscle
                              5020 Katella Ave.
                              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X