Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trt question.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trt question.

    So I've been on trt for about two months now, my levels were mid 200s. Doing 200 mgs every two week.. I go in in about a month to see where I'm at as far as how I'm responding (get my blood drawn) any ideas as to how much 200 every two weeks is going to raise me to?

  • #2
    If you can, have them do a saliva test for follow-up, serum sampling isn't as accurate for test.

    I'm on a cream thing, so I can only relay information I've gleaned from others regarding injections (might end up there myself in the future, but not just yet). If you can, talk them into 100mg a week (or even better 50mg every three days). The bigger the dose and longer the time between makes for more violent hormonal swings. You'll be top notch for a little while then suck terribly by the time you are looking for your next dose.

    My cream is daily, so the swinging is more easier on me.
    I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

    --Steel

    Muscles don't know how old they are.

    Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

    Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

    So will you.


    Journal

    Comment


    • #3
      I went from low 200's to mid 500's in 12 weeks and the blood was drawn on th e 12-13th day after an injection so at the lowest point.
      If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
      http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

      2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
      2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
      2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

      Comment


      • #4
        I always hear about the "vioent hormonal swings" and expected the same thing, but it absolutely has not happened to me on TRT. My strength, mood, etc is steady across the two weeks between doses. I've looked back through my log book multiple times and never found any inconsistencies correlated to dose timing. I think he dose is too low to have the kind of impact you'd experience with a normal cycle.

        Anyways, I went from averaging about 100ng/dl on tests before trt to about 250. YMMV

        Comment


        • #5
          I started last week. My level was only like 189. I will post new numbers here when I go back in Sept. I am doing 100/wk. My doc let me do the first shot myself in his office and then just wrote me scripts so I can do them at home. You should see if your doc will let you do them yourself, unless you dont want too. Going all the time would be a pain.

          Comment


          • #6
            Duro,

            That's way cool, man. I've actually had some weird ups and downs. Weird because I'm on cream, not injections, and get a daily dose (not every week or longer).

            Whenever I crash, I take 2-3 Chrysin tabs (they are not supposed to work all that well orally, but they are what I have). They seem to do the trick for me.

            You guys are having your free T and Estradoil (sp?) checked right? Total T is only a small part of the story. My total is 300 to 480, which isn't great but should be adequate... but my Free T sucks and my SHBG is off the scale.

            That's where my swings come from. Add T and my body reacts by locking it up and pumping more Est into itself. I end up with a box of tissues watching Oxygen or Lifetime. ;-)
            I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

            --Steel

            Muscles don't know how old they are.

            Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

            Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

            So will you.


            Journal

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dean3238 View Post
              Duro,

              That's way cool, man. I've actually had some weird ups and downs. Weird because I'm on cream, not injections, and get a daily dose (not every week or longer).

              Whenever I crash, I take 2-3 Chrysin tabs (they are not supposed to work all that well orally, but they are what I have). They seem to do the trick for me.

              You guys are having your free T and Estradoil (sp?) checked right? Total T is only a small part of the story. My total is 300 to 480, which isn't great but should be adequate... but my Free T sucks and my SHBG is off the scale.

              That's where my swings come from. Add T and my body reacts by locking it up and pumping more Est into itself. I end up with a box of tissues watching Oxygen or Lifetime. ;-)
              My doc was gonna start my TRT without running any of the normal tests (other than test levels; free and total). When I asked about it he said, we can run them if you want. What do you want to check? I started naming stuff and he was like OK. He is the first doc I have had that is open to suggestions/questions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Duro View Post
                I always hear about the "vioent hormonal swings" and expected the same thing, but it absolutely has not happened to me on TRT. My strength, mood, etc is steady across the two weeks between doses. I've looked back through my log book multiple times and never found any inconsistencies correlated to dose timing. I think he dose is too low to have the kind of impact you'd experience with a normal cycle.

                Anyways, I went from averaging about 100ng/dl on tests before trt to about 250. YMMV
                Same exact experience but mine go back to before I even started trt...mine go back to cycle doses. I have never notices any differences between anything from eod to e2w with a longer test like cyp (my assumption of what he is getting and if its enth then its really the same thing).
                On trt I have noticed zero diff between 100ew or 200 eow. If I am remembering rt I believe I was in the threes before and was in the nines last time it was checked. I do remember once testing well over a grand but that was when I was taking my actual script dose of 200 a week.
                Follow my NEW journal if you please:


                http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

                "They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

                "You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                Dr. Seuss


                I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.


                "Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                Nicki Minaj

                Comment


                • #9
                  Will ask him about splitting doses. I was just wondering if there was any kind of chart that would show an apprx mg to how much test you should be at ratio.

                  It would be good to know if I go from 240s to 460 or something to maybe have a reccomendation on how much he could prescribe to get me to the high end of normal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wildman536 View Post
                    Will ask him about splitting doses. I was just wondering if there was any kind of chart that would show an apprx mg to how much test you should be at ratio.

                    It would be good to know if I go from 240s to 460 or something to maybe have a reccomendation on how much he could prescribe to get me to the high end of normal.
                    Every individual reacts differently so you'd have to increase things incrementally and re-test to find out. Either way, if you come in at 4 or 500, most doctors would see that as normal and wouldn't deviate from the standard dosage.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                      On trt I have noticed zero diff between 100ew or 200 eow. If I am remembering rt I believe I was in the threes before and was in the nines last time it was checked. I do remember once testing well over a grand but that was when I was taking my actual script dose of 200 a week.
                      Any differences healthwise between 100 and 200? I've tried 100 a week and feel pretty meh, but 200ish I feel awesome, great workouts and want to paint the face of every half decent looking girl I see.
                      PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by maddzz View Post
                        My doc was gonna start my TRT without running any of the normal tests (other than test levels; free and total). When I asked about it he said, we can run them if you want. What do you want to check? I started naming stuff and he was like OK. He is the first doc I have had that is open to suggestions/questions.
                        Dear lord... I wouldn't go into this w/o a full battery of tests! Odd attitude for a doc, most of them will all but do an autopsy on you and then not prescribe anything!

                        One thing to keep in mind... and no, none of us need to know your answer... is are you going into this because of BB purposes or because something is actually wrong. If the latter, it's critical you have them address the _right_ thing... otherwise, you won't get very far and will throw good money and effort away.

                        If for BB, then an investigation of the boards on the use of gear (legal in this case) is in order.

                        To make sure you are dealing with the right thing... make him look at:

                        (Other than the usual blood work stuff.)

                        Vit B-12 (you want it high...)
                        T3, T4, TSH (Thyroid function)
                        FSH (make sure "the boys" and pituitary are doing their jobs)
                        LH (ditto)
                        Estradiol (making sure your Estrogen level isn't wacked up)
                        DHEA (gotta have it to make it... plus, if you don't have it you won't remember if you make it ;-)
                        Test Total (duh)
                        Test Free (duh)
                        SHBG (got too much and it won't matter if you have test, your body won't be able to use it)
                        Vit D, 25-Hydroxy, LCMS (numerous issues if you don't have enough... for our purposes, muscle weakness is a biggie).

                        You can't do too many tests here (bullseye is kinda important), but at least get him to look at the above.

                        Always remember, those freaking normal ranges they use are for kids 9 to 90... and you don't want the numbers of a 90 y-o on life support.

                        Good luck!
                        I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

                        --Steel

                        Muscles don't know how old they are.

                        Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

                        Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

                        So will you.


                        Journal

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                          Any differences healthwise between 100 and 200? I've tried 100 a week and feel pretty meh, but 200ish I feel awesome, great workouts and want to paint the face of every half decent looking girl I see.
                          Redskull,

                          Probably not... you'll want some HCG in there to keep "the boys" from crawling up into your abdomen and crying for help.

                          Of course, every MD would lose their mind over a guy having a 1300 total test on their scale of 300 to 1200... but shit, we gotta be alive right?

                          /IMHO, too many MDs want us to live like pussies until we are 95 just so we can suck all our lives and live it up in the home wearing a diaper for the last 25. No thanks.
                          I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

                          --Steel

                          Muscles don't know how old they are.

                          Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

                          Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

                          So will you.


                          Journal

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                            Any differences healthwise between 100 and 200? I've tried 100 a week and feel pretty meh, but 200ish I feel awesome, great workouts and want to paint the face of every half decent looking girl I see.
                            "Feeling" wise I do believe I noticed some difference but with results in gym, frequency of erections, quality of erections, etc... I really noticed no difference at all. O just kinda felt a lill better at 200 but not a LOT better. Hope the tooooo much info I just gave explains what I mean.

                            I am sure that there is SOME difference but maybe not enough for me to notice at such a small dose. Kinda how you may not notice a diff between 4 and 500 or 5 and 6 or 6 and 7 but there is a difference....just not really noticeable in small increments.
                            Last edited by thedunhill225; 07-01-2012, 07:05 PM.
                            Follow my NEW journal if you please:


                            http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

                            "They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

                            "You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                            Dr. Seuss


                            I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.


                            "Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                            Nicki Minaj

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Great info guys, would 100mgs likely out me to the 1100 range?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X