what to train like during pct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to train like during pct?

I have heard many things reduce volume raise intensity, do lower reps , reduce volume only and hold back a bit on intensity a bit shy of failure

Dan Ducaine advised 1-5 reps for 4-6 weeks then go back to "normal" training for keeping gains.

I remember a couple years back Dante wrote an article on why many guys get hurt during pct, because their hormone levels are low and they keep pushing and get hurt

what do you train like during pct? what is the best way to train during pct?

all discussion is welcomed
    Visit truenutrition.com and use code JNS380 for 5 % off of the entire order, or 10 % off 16 lbs or more of the protein powder. message me for any questions

I never did any "pct" but my post cycle training was always pretty much like this... I trained maybe twice a week, low volume (2-3 sets a body part) to positive failure and started out with somewhat higher reps. I would end my cycles with higher reps for the last cpl workouts to see where I was at. If say I ended a cycle doing incline smiths with 365 for 12+ reps then for the next 4-6 weeks or so I would just keep the wt the same... I may be doing it for 8-9 six weeks later and feel like I can return to normal training. Never did any pct and never lost much when I came off.

Hope ya can understand what I mean the way I explained it

Peace
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Comment

I personally wouldn't change that much, imo....If you PCT properly and haven't been "on" forever, you very well might bounce back quickly and not lose a whole lot. BUT, it's almost inevitable for most people that they lose SOME size and strength, and some may lose quite a bit. If you never lost any size or strength after coming off, there really wouldn't be any reason to go back on, would there?
      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Only if your happy at a certain level. ;-)
        Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
        Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
          Only if your happy at a certain level. ;-)
          Yeah right? Most people are always chasing the next 20lbs, myself included....lol
          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Working...
          X