Testosterone Variance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testosterone Variance?

So I've had bloodwork done twice in the last week and the first time the results were really low, the second time they came back perfectly normal. What the hell?

I originally tested back on the 4th in the afternoon and the results were:

Total test: 296 ng/dL with a range of 240-950.
    Free test: 5.6 ng/dL with a range of 9-30.

I tested again back on the 12th in the morning before eating anything and:

Total test: 633 ng/dL.
    Free test: 14 ng/dL.

(***Strangly enough, I'm a terrible morning person and have trouble accomplishing anything until at least a few hours after waking up, so these results are a little odd to me.)

Now....I'm not a bodybuilder so I'm not one of these guys out there looking for medication for lifting purposes, I went to the doctor because lately I'm always tired, always fatigued and have zero sex drive. I've even had trouble getting it up a couple times recently so I decided enough was enough and got some bloodwork done.

My doc's on vacation right now and we'll meet when he gets back to talk about this but is this type of variance in testosterone levels normal? I haven't changed my diet, training or supplementation. Since that second test I've been on a deload and I'm not feeling any better, so it's not an overtraining thing, I don't think.

Anybody here see these kind of results before? I wanna get to the bottom of why I'm feeling the way I am and it's frustrating to be getting all-over-the-map results like these.

Any help from people in the know would be appreciated.
    Last edited by dakoose; 06-19-2012, 12:32 PM.
    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Testosterone is always peaked in the morning. I don't know if it's supposed to dip quite so low later in the day, but a much higher morning value is perfectly normal.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Hmmm...that's interesting.

I remember learning about T naturally declining throughout the day in some of my bio classes but if I start the day maxing out at a normal level and by the early-mid afternoon I'm already down below normal....that's kind of fucked up. By the time the night rolls around I'm probably at zero, lol.
      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Ho many hours did u fast for the 'higher' test
        [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
        Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
          Ho many hours did u fast for the 'higher' test
          I don't remember the exact amount of hours but I tested roughly a half hour after waking up from my usual 7-8 hours of sleep and I usually don't eat for 1-2 hours before going to bed so it was probably 10 hours.

The first test where I came in low was an afternoon test that wasn't fasted, I was eating my regular amount of food that day.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Makes sense.

My dr told me a while back to make sure to get the blood work done I'm the am
            [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
            Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

here yah go
              Attached Files
              5% discount from TPC use GRM223

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
                Makes sense.

My dr told me a while back to make sure to get the blood work done I'm the am
                Same here I usually stop eating around 10pm if I have a 9-930 Appt.
                "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

That is a pretty large variance in one day...if those results repeat. Both tests put you in 'normal' range but that is a greater than expected difference...if its a one time occurrence then its fine and normal ... Can get spikes and lows caused by many things but you are usually looking at a 10-20% difference in the course of the average day. Like I said though, anyone's levels can be way off once and a while so you will have a better idea when he tests you again.

Peace.
                  Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                  Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                  Nicki Minaj

Comment

Here's another chart:
                    Attached Files

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Thanks for the input and information guys. From everything I've seen online and the graphs posted here, test definitely decreases with time, but it seem like mine dips way too much and my symptoms seem to reflect some type of testosterone issues, in my opinion, and my doc seemed to agree before. Like I said before, I'll talk to him when he returns from his vacation and I"ll post an update then.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

I really hope your doc gives you another set of tests before ,making a determination.
                        Best of luck.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

There is also the possibility of a bad lab analysis. I have no idea of the frequency that this can happen, but I'm sure it does every now and again.

Another test or two will confirm the diagnosis. I hope everything works out for you, it is nothing that any of us should have to deal with.
                          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thanks for the kind word fellas.....like I said, if the tests were screwy like this but I had no symptoms, I wouldn't be too worried, but these symptoms are fucking with me. My best bud just got married and the wedding was a blast....it was at a hotel and this beauty fell into my lap so we booked a room for the night....and nothing, limp like a noodle, first actual failure to launch for me. This is getting out of control and is now fucking with my mind.

My doc's younger and I have no doubt that he'll schedule another couple of tests...but if he does refuse I'll have to go talk to someone else.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Yea man, I'm sure he will. The more you think about it, worry about it, dwell on it...the worse the symptoms will be. Just relax and talk to your doc.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X