Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Fat Measuring

Hello All,
    Was wondering what scales or what devices to use to measure BF%?

I Bought a Health-O-Meater brand scale with BF and water%. It was $34 and didnt even last for a year. It never seamed to read the same BF or H2O % the same way twice.

What brand or device has worked for you?

Originally posted by spazfish View Post
    Hello All,
    Was wondering what scales or what devices to use to measure BF%?

I Bought a Health-O-Meater brand scale with BF and water%. It was $34 and didnt even last for a year. It never seamed to read the same BF or H2O % the same way twice.

What brand or device has worked for you?
    All of the devices that use a bioelectrical impedence have a decent margin of error. I have one that has an athlete mode on it, but I still doubt it is highly accurate.

I've found the best way to measure bodyfat on your own is to use skinfolds and rather than taking the skinfolds and saying you have XX% bodyfat, gauge your progress based on the actual measurements of the skinfolds. On your own, you can easily get mesurements from skinfolds on your chest, abs, suprailliac, quads and arms.

One thing you should look for in a caliper is that you don't have to apply manual pressure. If you have to apply manual pressure then you must apply the exact same amount of pressure every time to get a consistent reading. So look for a caliper that applies the pressure on its own.

I am using this caliper: http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Healt.../dp/B000NN9SDO

Very easy to use and inexpensive. And if the spring that applies the pressure starts to get loose, I'll just buy a new one.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I have one like the one Kris posted. I lost the book but found a site that does the calculations for you after you input the numbers.

Comment

calculations really are not needed ...just pick 5-6 sights ..total it up ...now as you start to lose weight.is your total dropping?? if not, you are losing muscle not fat. also you will find at times that the scale does not move, but your total does ( down I hope ) and at times one fold will move and the others wont ..then BAM! the others start moving.
        I remember once my ex-wife lost pretty consistent every week ,,then nothing ,,then 2 weeks later all sights stayed the same but her inner thigh ( just a high fat area we choose to track ) dropped a shit ton ...then every thing moves like it was before ...what was her % .. I have no idea but she look HOT when she was through
        A girl walks up to me and says" My God you're good looking!"
        ME " I know"
        Her"WHAT!"
        Me " I know I am good looking"
        Her" You're also and asshole"
        ME " I know that too!"

Comment

Working...
        X