Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divine intervention and a boost from Dusty Hanshaw during prep...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divine intervention and a boost from Dusty Hanshaw during prep...

12 weeks into a prep that technically never ended since my last prep last year. After last year, I basically continued on my meal plan, just with much more generous portions to bulk up and make the jump from lightweight to middleweight. So far, mission is accomplished, although my coach Pete Ciccone may try and force the issue and deplete all the way down to the welters depending on where I'm ending up in the next few weeks...

Anyways, that said, again I am 12 weeks into prep for the 2012 Orange County Classic in Culver City, CA on August 11th. With 9 weeks remaining, things have been getting a little tight as far as money to continue, and, at times, frustration with feelings that come along with the whole prep in general, i.e always cooking and food shopping and being extra militant with prepping meals ahead of time and never eating out, you know, the usual stuff.

Just as things were coming to a head as far as mental and financial fatigue, a couple things happened that made me feel like it's my destiny to finish this prep and finish STRONG! All of the sudden out of nowhere, my money troubles have been somewhat alleviated with new clients for training and diet help. Two amazing clients have come back, and I picked up a new one as well, and all this fell in my lap in the same day with virtually no effort on my part!

The second thing that happened which alleviated my mental fatigue was an opportunity to hit shoulders this past saturday with Dusty Hanshaw at World Gym San Diego. Again, out of nowhere, came an opportunity to train with one of the few bodybuilders I look up to and fatigue went completely out the window, adrenaline took over and I had a ball buster session trying to keep up with a much bigger, stronger guy. That was just what I needed. A little over halfway through this prep I have received such a mental boost that the rest of this prep is going to fly by and I will hit that stage in absolutely no doubt the most muscular and shredded condition of my life. My best ever is coming, very, very soon, and I am so grateful for this opportunity coming my way for the second time.

Thanks to True Nutrition, Pete Ciccone and 619 Muscle, and Dusty Hanshaw for the pick me up that you didn't know I needed!

Great to hear! Keep hitting it hard!
    2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
    2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
    2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
    2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
    2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
    2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
    *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
    88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
    88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Thanks CJ, I will. Almost there and I want to make the people around me proud!

Comment

Glad to hear man. Prep can be a mother but I'm glad you've
        be re-invigorated
        Twitter:@badbadleroyb

Comment

Thanks Leroy. I just got another boost in a cheat day where this past saturday I was able to eat some burgers and pizza. I really enjoyed that!

Comment

That's awesome Mike, I love when a plan comes together with some outside unexpected help. Kick some ass bro.
            …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMartinez View Post
              Thanks Leroy. I just got another boost in a cheat day where this past saturday I was able to eat some burgers and pizza. I really enjoyed that!
              I bet you did. Friend at my gym celebrated his birthday and you could count the amount of cheat days he had over the past year on one hand. He gained 20 lbs in a day! Lol!

---
              I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uahjpz
              Twitter:@badbadleroyb

Comment

Funny how things work bro. The fire is re-lit, and now it's time to believe in yourself and follow through with the rest of the prep like a machine! Sucking down is no fun,, but if it comes to that....as u now know... everything happens for a reason. Now go kill that shit!

Comment

Working...
                X