Cost of Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Protein

In the past 3 years or so it seems protein prices have gone through the roof. I payed $77 for 10lbs of Optimum Nutrition 100% whey and the same bag is now $103! I remember Dante saying something about this a couple years ago.... Anybody remember that?

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=40818

Comment

And there it is.... I guess we are feeling it now.

Comment

Last edited by DOHCrazy; 06-04-2012, 11:42 PM. Reason: I can't read.

Comment

Last edited by BigCat61; 06-04-2012, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
            I agree! I haven't used any protein other then truenutrition in the last year or so.

Comment

Prices have definitely gone up, but it could get a lot worse. The world economy as a whole is in a precarious position. If you haven't noticed protein powders aren't the only thing that have gone up. Just look at the grocery store. It's pretty bad, but it still can get worse if things aren't put in check.
              Last edited by Doberman; 06-22-2012, 05:28 PM.
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Team skip has gone down in price, so that is good.

Comment

I remember it very clearly because everyone said i was a liar.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...very-expensive!!

Until some big players in the industry came in and made everyone look like a fool toward the end of this thread.
                  Last edited by Doggcrapp; 06-22-2012, 05:05 PM.
                  @dante_trudel

Comment

I sometimes wonder about the "facts" that come out of peoples mouth on the net. How can you spew things so matter of factly based on your opinion when the real fact is you dont know jack crap about the subject.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...=1#post3020657
                    @dante_trudel

Comment

Regardless of where prices are in the market place Truenutrition maintains the best prices.
                      1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                      2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                      2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                      2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                      2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                      2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
                        I remember it very clearly because everyone said i was a liar.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...very-expensive!!

Until some big players in the industry came in and made everyone look like a fool toward the end of this thread.
                        Some of the avatars (and member descriptions) on that thread are just plain tasteless and awful, with comments to fit them like a glove. It's got to make everyone thankful and happy that IntenseMuscle is the way it is, and not something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
                          I sometimes wonder about the "facts" that come out of peoples mouth on the net. How can you spew things so matter of factly based on your opinion when the real fact is you dont know jack crap about the subject.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...=1#post3020657
                          Rofl....that's ridiculous!

I guess you could take solace in being the leader of the supplement industry, lol. That guy is a crackpot and you put him in his place. What did people expect to happen to prices once Gatorade stepped onto the scene with their bogus recovery drinks?

I for one, just go for a rice/MPI blend and love it, so the whey shortage doesn't do too much to my costs, I don't believe.
                          Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

World's economy is going to hell.

I wonder what will happen if those rumoured RTDs by the two soft drink companies fail miserably (by what I read there will be a shitload of carbs in it). Either they'll have put the raw materials on fire sale, or try to sit on it to monopolize the protein market.

I wonder how all this will affect the supplement industry in general. I work in a major supp store and we sell supps like water, and over here supps are already stupidly expensive. If prices go up, either we start making more money, or we close because people will start buying less.
                            "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

I love these Gatorade commercials. A 240 lb quarterback is recovering with the same shit as a 125lb tennis player.

Comment

Working...
                              X