High protein bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High protein bread

Saw this thread on promuscle and figured id bring it over here to get some opinions on the stuff. Www.highproteinbread.com

Just curious your thoughts on this stuff

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Personally, i'd stay away from a product that uses "wheat protein isolate" and gluten to raise protein count. First because those are low quality sources of protein and second because gluten allergies are NASTY, it's in literally almost everything, so I try to keep y gluten intake low on non skipload days. My fiancé developed a gluten allergy from eating bread all tge time and it sucks.

Edit: I've never tried this product I just looked up ingredients on their site.
    Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 06-01-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I believe that Dante was testing consumer sentiment on a similar product a few years back and no one was interested. This doesn't answer your question, but I thought that it was interesting.
      "The Dude Abides" Please Use Discount Code: JNC825

Comment

I hadn't even looked at the ingredients yet.

Comment

Could be a good change of pace if you ever get tired of the usual protein sources. Life's all about balance...didn't know a comment about bread would take a philosophical turn, did you...

Put some walden's fruit spread on that and BAM!
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
            Could be a good change of pace if you ever get tired of the usual protein sources. Life's all about balance...didn't know a comment about bread would take a philosophical turn, did you...

Put some walden's fruit spread on that and BAM!
            But for some folks, too much gluten can really throw your insides off balance. That is why I am hesitant to try it...

Ezekiel bread is where it's at. :whoo:
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I have actually been using the bread. The company is P28. They have a bagel and bread. They are about 120 calories and 14 grams of protein a slice. The bagel is the same, but they give the nutrition for the whole bagel.

It may use wheat protein, but it also uses whey protein isolate. I like hearty breads and this reminds me of a bread you might get at Panara bread. Anyhow, I really have liked it. I don't think the gluten content would be a problem unless you have an allergy or are going nuts with it. The owner used it during his contest prep and got into pretty amazing shape. Besides, it's nice to eat a sandwich or a even a PB&J while staying on your eating plan.
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I know Thomas's english muffins have whey in them. Obviously, it's a fairly small amount, but I wonder if there could a way to increase it to somewhat significant levels without the muffins tasting like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                  But for some folks, too much gluten can really throw your insides off balance. That is why I am hesitant to try it...

Ezekiel bread is where it's at. :whoo:
                  Keep your reasoning and rational thought out of this thread!

No but on the real, you guys are right about that. I look at it as more of a general public thing than a bodybuilder thing. I know, I know, this is a bodybuilding site, but I'm just pointing out it can be great for changing things up and providing some semblance of normalcy. I mean, what's more American than a breakfast with toast? At least this way some peeps can get more protein in their diet if they otherwise cannot (vegetarians).

I look at it as just another form of Walden's foods. Sure you can go without Walden's and whatever chemicals are in those things, but it helps provide some semblance of normalcy.

Stuff looks expensive though. Someone's gotta pay for those sponsored athletes!
                  Max Muscle
                  5020 Katella Ave.
                  Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                  www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Obviously it's expensive compared to bread, but gram for gram it's actually not far off of protein powder. Like I said I like it, and if you like bread then this might be an option, especially during the offseason.
                    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Walden Farm's is the shit! The only place around me that used to carry their stuff was Wal-Mart. Yes, frigging Wal-Mart! I hate Wal-Mart but if I wanted that stuff I had to go there, now they stopped carrying it! Yeah, I'm pissied.

Now I'm sad....
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I cant even find ezikiel bread where i am. Looked in every single store around

Comment

Walden Farm's is the shit! The only place around me that used to carry their stuff was Wal-Mart. Yes, frigging Wal-Mart! I hate Wal-Mart but if I wanted that stuff I had to go there, now they stopped carrying it! Yeah, I'm pissied.

Now I'm sad....
                          Luckily our shop rite carries every product of theirs. I dunno whatd id do without them lol

Comment

Not to derail your thread, but I saw Phil Heath eats Ezekiel cereal last night and I really want to try that.
                            :preach:

Comment

Walden Farm's is the shit!
                              I am assuming that you were not dumb enough to try their honey mustard dressing.

I am gagging just thinking about it.
                              #docswholift
                              PGY-1 FM
                              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Working...
                              X