Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef protein

Hey guys.

Doing an elimination diet and need to drop the whey for a while. Beef protein got the go ahead. Now true proteins stuff is normally spot on but I hate the texture of their beef protein, as well as the other vegetable proteins. This one has a much better texture so I am thinking of using it.

What do you guys think of this product, and beef protein powder in general?

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/olymp...ef_protein.htm

http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1075-...olate-1lb.aspx

I just saved you $5 a pound, plus a tried and true protein from a reputable company that supports us here.
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

You can supplement with EAAs as well. There have been extensive discussions recently about this, check out Fade's experiment.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mark! View Post
        http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1075-...olate-1lb.aspx

I just saved you $5 a pound, plus a tried and true protein from a reputable company that supports us here.
        The guy said:

Now true proteins stuff is normally spot on but I hate the texture of their beef protein, as well as the other vegetable proteins.
        Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
          The guy said:
          My reading comprehension fail for the day. Meh, oh well.
          …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Oh and use the code CTN001 to get yourself 5% off. I just saved you even more money!
            Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

Srs lols at the reading in this thread.

Comment

I agree with you about TNs beef protein. I ended up mixing the pound I bought into 5 pounds of team skip so that I could use it.

I used Chocolate Carnivore and though it was tasty. More cocoa than chocolate. It foamed quite a bit but I just set it in the freezer for 5 minutes before drinking.

Comment

I've never had an issue with TN beef protein, but I get it in a mix, which I like anyway. I've had the carnivor liquid shots while stuck at a mall with a GNC. They're alright. I'd go with whatever chocolate flavor you want, IMO chocolate protein masks the flavor best.

Originally posted by SideShowDoc View Post
                  I hate the texture of their beef protein, as well as the other vegetable proteins.
                  I KNEW beef was a vegetable! I told you. I TOLD YOU!

Comment

This thread is already so full of fail, and I'm happy to say I'm partially to blame.

Comment

Wasn't calling the beef protein a vegetable lol. Just saying I hate the textures of veggie proteins as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        You can supplement with EAAs as well. There have been extensive discussions recently about this, check out Fade's experiment.
                        Was thinking of doing this. I would replace the 3 scoops of whey with three scoops of humapro, or the equivalent In generic eaas. Would I just make up any missing protein calories with more carbs and fats?
                        Last edited by SideShowDoc; 05-31-2012, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Mind if I ask what this elimination diet is?
                          :preach:

Comment

Wasn't calling the beef protein a vegetable lol. Just saying I hate the textures of veggie proteins as well.
                            I was just having some fun lol. Beef protein is good, go for a reputable brand and I'm sure it'll work out for you

Comment

Was thinking of doing this. I would replace the 3 scoops of whey with three scoops of humapro, or the equivalent In generic eaas. Would I just make up any missing protein calories with more carbs and fats?
                              TN's Instantized EAAs are great. I mad a little hybrid mix with Instanized EAAs, SILK AAs and some extra Leucine.

You can replace 40g of protein with 10g of EAAs (Fade used 40g of EAAs to replace 40-50g of protein) and do not adjust kcals upward with additional carbs and fats. The amino acids will prevent any catabolism despite having less kcals. In fact, Fade even experienced strength gains and positive changes in body composition despite having lower kcals and from substituting protein for EAAs in a majority of meals.

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                              Mind if I ask what this elimination diet is?
                              You eliminate certain foods from your deit for a period of time to determine allergies or intolerances. For example, to test for a dairy intolerance you eliminate dairy for a given amount of time and see in any symtoms go away.
                              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X